Cold Hard Football Predictions

oftt4

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='544883' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:19 PM']Jamie - you ought to be able to guestimate that on your own. Look at the attempts / game
20, 19, 49(over 2 games so essentially 24 and 25), 22, 24, 18. I'm going to make the assumption (I'm guessing I don't need "Cold Hard Football Blowhards" to figure) that they were very much in the game with running and / or the defense or the attempts would have gone over the magical 24/25 attempts per game plateau and Ben's numbers would have gone to shit.[/quote]

Bingo, and there you go. When Ben can throw for more than whatever they have figured out his magic number is (as ive seen different #s from others) and win games without his D or running game carrying him consistantly THEN and ONLY THEN will you have any right to put him in the same sentace with Carson.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index[/url]

You guys are gonna like this one.

"Determined to reclaim his status as one of the league's elite QBs, Ben Roethlisberger is off to a promising start."

In order to reclaim his status as ELITE...implies that prior to last season, he was considered ELITE. Oops. That doesnt support your Ben is average claims...so they must be biased.

[quote name='oftt4' post='544939' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:18 PM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index[/url]

You guys are gonna like this one.

"Determined to reclaim his status as one of the league's elite QBs, Ben Roethlisberger is off to a promising start."

In order to reclaim his status as ELITE...implies that prior to last season, he was considered ELITE. Oops. That doesnt support your Ben is average claims...so they must be biased.[/quote]

I never even heard of this guy? Are they letting the interns write stories now? :P

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='544907' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:39 PM']DEAD WRONG - Off the top of my head without doing much research, just needed rudi's #s. Im sure If I wanted to I could find other examples. But this one stands out big in my mind.

2004 - @ Ravens our D is putrid, Rudi ran for 56 Yards and Carson brought us back in the 4th quarter to win
Never mind it must have been his recivers. :rolleyes:[/quote]

You mean the putrid defense that only gave up 0 TD passing and 1 TD rushing in the game?

And Rudi rushed for 56, but the team had 98...which was about average for the league.

[quote name='oftt4' post='544953' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:28 PM']You mean the putrid defense that only gave up 0 TD passing and 1 TD rushing in the game?

And Rudi rushed for 56, but the team had 98...which was about average for the league.[/quote]

nobody tell him that boller was their qb

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='544967' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:42 PM']nobody tell him that boller was their qb[/quote]

So now you are saying that it wasnt that impressive because the Ravens sucked?

Well, which is it?

Did Carson single handedly beat a great team?

Or did you guys squeek by a team with an awful offense, when your running game put up league average yardage, and your defense only gave up 1 TD?

[quote name='oftt4' post='545225' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:43 PM']So now you are saying that it wasnt that impressive because the Ravens sucked?

Well, which is it?

Did Carson single handedly beat a great team?

Or did you guys squeek by a team with an awful offense, when your running game put up league average yardage, and your defense only gave up 1 TD?[/quote]

jesus are you really this dumb? Yes the ravens O is bad, but their D is not. Its just like last nights game, is our D really good or is the ravens O that bad? Carson single handedly beat a good ravens defence.

Ben is a good QB ( I still cannot fathom why Steeler fans can stomach his wigger attitude, but whatever)
Carson is a good QB.
One has won a Superbowl despite himself.
One rings up fantasy football numbers.
Can we agree that they are both good and put this to rest?
Jeebus.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545387' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:32 PM']Ben is a good QB ( I still cannot fathom why Steeler fans can stomach his wigger attitude, but whatever)
Carson is a good QB.
Jeebus.[/quote]

NEVER :1441: :1287:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545387' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:32 PM']Ben is a good QB ( I still cannot fathom why Steeler fans can stomach his wigger attitude, but whatever)
Carson is a good QB.
Jeebus.[/quote]

That is all I want.

I have done my part.

I have repeatedly stated that Palmer is a good QB.

[quote name='oftt4' post='545661' date='Sep 12 2007, 07:24 AM'][b]That is all I want.

I have done my part.[/b]

I have repeatedly stated that Palmer is a good QB.[/quote]
Does that mean then that you're going to actually do what I said to a couple days ago...

and Go Away...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='545684' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:55 AM']Does that mean then that you're going to actually do what I said to a couple days ago...

and Go Away...[/quote]

Hey, I have already been "banned" from the other forum. This is the shit talking forum, where I have been told that I am "allowed" to post. So if you dont want to read it....YOU go away.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='545668' date='Sep 12 2007, 08:22 AM']And ben is in the same leauge.
No really they both play in the nfl. :lol:[/quote]

Do you Palmer is better than Brady?

Brady doesnt put up gaudy numbers...he wins games....any way he needs to (including stealing defensive signals apparently)...

So if it is all about stats, why do all of these "pundits" say that Brady is better than Palmer?

Brady hasn't put up big numbers because he's never had the big time, downfield threats like he does this season. Mark my word... Brady puts up Manning/Palmer/Brees and dare I add Kitna like numbers this year.

They all say Brady is better than Palmer for two reasons...
1. The man can pull a "W" out of his ass..... seriously!
2. He's been in the league much longer and proven his value with repeated winning seasons.

[quote name='oftt4' post='545724' date='Sep 12 2007, 09:59 AM']Do you Palmer is better than Brady?

Brady doesnt put up gaudy numbers...he wins games....any way he needs to (including stealing defensive signals apparently)...

So if it is all about stats, why do all of these "pundits" say that Brady is better than Palmer?[/quote]

My unofficial forumula to eliete status is

Wins + Stats + You being the main reason the team wins (well call this the trent dilfer part)

Palmer is not ahead of brady because while he has better stats, he hasnt won anything other than a division championship. Manning was only ahead of brady because his Stats were far far ahead of Brady's and Manning has won mulitpule division championships. Now if we determine that this bit of cheating the Pats have done goes back to their superbowls then to me that tarnishes brady's accomplishments. Just like the steroids in the 70s tarnish the steelers accomplishments in my eyes. Yeah yeah they were leagal...my answer, Barry Bonds. When Palmer wins a few more division championships or at least one superbowl, then I think his Wins + Stats will surplant brady.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546069' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:37 PM']My unofficial forumula to eliete status is

Wins + Stats + You being the main reason the team wins (well call this the trent dilfer part)

Palmer is not ahead of brady because while he has better stats, he hasnt won anything other than a division championship. Manning was only ahead of brady because his Stats were far far ahead of Brady's and Manning has won mulitpule division championships. Now if we determine that this bit of cheating the Pats have done goes back to their superbowls then to me that tarnishes brady's accomplishments. Just like the steroids in the 70s tarnish the steelers accomplishments in my eyes. Yeah yeah they were leagal...my answer, Barry Bonds. When Palmer wins a few more division championships or at least one superbowl, then I think his Wins + Stats will surplant brady.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546069' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:37 PM']My unofficial forumula to eliete status is

Wins + Stats + You being the main reason the team wins (well call this the trent dilfer part)[/quote]

Why dont we call it the 6-10 team becoming a 15-1 team followed by a Superbowl winning team part.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546069' date='Sep 12 2007, 05:37 PM']Just like the steroids in the 70s tarnish the steelers accomplishments in my eyes. Yeah yeah they were leagal...my answer, Barry Bonds.[/quote]

You admit they were legal and not banned by the league, but say that it tarnishes their accomplishment? That makes sense, steroids were by all accounts used widely in the league, but only the Steelers benefitted?

How is Barry Bonds an answer to that? They were illegal when he took them.

Creatine, ephedra, etc are banned by the league now....do they tarnish the Superbowl winners of the last 15 years?

Admit it, the ONLY thing that tarnishes their accomplishments in your eyes is the fact that it was the Steelers.

Again, jealousy breeds contempt.

[quote name='oftt4' post='546615' date='Sep 13 2007, 02:23 PM']Why dont we call it the 6-10 team becoming a 15-1 team followed by a Superbowl winning team part.[/quote]

Well then hell its all on trent dilfer, he must be a god. Give me a break.

[quote name='oftt4' post='546617' date='Sep 13 2007, 02:27 PM']You admit they were legal and not banned by the league, but say that it tarnishes their accomplishment? That makes sense, steroids were by all accounts used widely in the league, but only the Steelers benefitted?

How is Barry Bonds an answer to that? They were illegal when he took them.

Creatine, ephedra, etc are banned by the league now....do they tarnish the Superbowl winners of the last 15 years?

Admit it, the ONLY thing that tarnishes their accomplishments in your eyes is the fact that it was the Steelers.

Again, jealousy breeds contempt.[/quote]

Wrong.

Bonds did not take anything that was illigle by the league standards. What he has done is unethical but it is not illigal. Same as the steelers. As far as other teams using and saying it was widespread, i wouldnt be supprised, but that hasnt been proven has it?

Its not jealousy breeding contempt at all, I loathe the 49ners as a team maybe even moreso than the steelers (though I hate steelers fans more by far), because of them beating us 2xs in the superbowl. But I can respect their accomplishment because they didnt take the shortcuts to get there. I cant say that about the steelers.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546635' date='Sep 13 2007, 02:51 PM']Well then hell its all on trent dilfer, he must be a god. Give me a break.
Wrong.

Bonds did not take anything that was illigle by the league standards. What he has done is unethical but it is not illigal. Same as the steelers. As far as other teams using and saying it was widespread, i wouldnt be supprised, but that hasnt been proven has it?

Its not jealousy breeding contempt at all, I loathe the 49ners as a team maybe even moreso than the steelers (though I hate steelers fans more by far), because of them beating us 2xs in the superbowl. But I can respect their accomplishment because they didnt take the shortcuts to get there. I cant say that about the steelers.[/quote]

1) Trent Dilfer wasnt even the leading passer on his team that year. He only played in 9 games. He had 12TD's, 11INT's. His passer rating was 76. THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

2) Bonds took something that was ILLEGAL IN THE USA at the time he took it. How can you not recognize that fact? Has it ever been proven that the Steelers took steroids in the 70's? Nope. They are suspected to have done them, and rightly so. ONE PLAYER admitted using. Stever Courson....who wrote a book saying that most of the Steelers linemen used. What you refuse to admit is that he also said ..."The fact is, our [steroids] usage was the same -- give or take -- as most of the NFL teams at that time."

Your arguments make no sense.

[quote name='oftt4' post='546673' date='Sep 13 2007, 03:42 PM']1) Trent Dilfer wasnt even the leading passer on his team that year. He only played in 9 games. He had 12TD's, 11INT's. His passer rating was 76. THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

2) Bonds took something that was ILLEGAL IN THE USA at the time he took it. How can you not recognize that fact? Has it ever been proven that the Steelers took steroids in the 70's? Nope. They are suspected to have done them, and rightly so. ONE PLAYER admitted using. Stever Courson....who wrote a book saying that most of the Steelers linemen used. What you refuse to admit is that he also said ..."The fact is, our [steroids] usage was the same -- give or take -- as most of the NFL teams at that time."

Your arguments make no sense.[/quote]

1. This is exactly my point, Dilfer had little to no effect on why they won. Hence the "trent dilfer effect"

2. Has he been suspended, arrested or ANYTHING happen to him? Has his record been stricken from the record books? No.

As far as the steroid thing....

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546693' date='Sep 13 2007, 04:01 PM']1. This is exactly my point, Dilfer had little to no effect on why they won. Hence the "trent dilfer effect"

2. Has he been suspended, arrested or ANYTHING happen to him? Has his record been stricken from the record books? No.

As far as the steroid thing....

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840[/url][/quote]

So you are just going to ignore the part where he later recanted pretty much everything he said, right?

[quote name='oftt4' post='546749' date='Sep 13 2007, 04:50 PM']So you are just going to ignore the part where he later recanted pretty much everything he said, right?[/quote]

What would you expect him to do? Wasnt it just your new coach that said "where there is smoke there is fire" when speaking about the Pat's current issues?

Archived