Patriots Cheating?

FloridaBengal

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='545302' date='Sep 11 2007, 07:00 PM']i dont know if it was mentioned before but sportscenter just said goodell said he believed they were guilty of filming the d coordinators signals and would wait to hear the pats side before doling out a punishment that would probably include a loss of draft picks[/quote]

I wonder, do you think this could extend to intercepting radio signals from the offensive coordinators too?

Could this be why the Pats D is always so good at sniffing out the play? And why Belichick looks like a genius after looking very ordinary in Cleveland? And why people do well in NE but never anywhere else?

It's hard not to get paranoid about this.

[quote name='Actium' post='545321' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:12 PM']I wonder, do you think this could extend to intercepting radio signals from the offensive coordinators too?

Could this be why the Pats D is always so good at sniffing out the play? And why Belichick looks like a genius after looking very ordinary in Cleveland? And why people do well in NE but never anywhere else?

It's hard not to get paranoid about this.[/quote]
i dont know and im not sure if im being paranoid about this now but ive always had this sinking feeling in the back of my mind that there was more than meets the eye in new england

<insert optimus prime here>

This story is only going to get bigger and bigger in my opinion.

First, you are talking about the most dominating team in the sport.

2. There is the NY-Bos. element that the media absolutely loves. If you think the NY media is just going to let this story die quickly, then you are naive as to the ways of the NY press.

3. This could very well be the type of story where more and more evidence comes out. In an articles former Texans GM Charley Casserly is quoted as saying that they have more proof of this from a different game and one of the rumored teams in it was the [b]Bengals[/b].

4. There are now rumors that they had one of their D linemen wearing a microphone so that they could hear the OL and QB make their audibles and then at halftime would figure out what each audible meant so that the D knew what play was coming.

This story will not go away easily. I will go so far as to predict that this will be the dominant story in sports for the next few weeks. I also predict that the commish will come down very hard on this (and he should). I'm thinking something like a first and a third round pick.

Wow, now Belichick is being [b]called into the league office to meet with Goodell[/b]. During the week while he is trying to prepare his team for a big game against San Diego. As bengals fans we should all be well aware that getting called to the commissioner's office is a big deal.

They are going to lose some early picks, get fined and I also think Belichick will end up getting suspended for some games. And their Super Bowls are now going to be tainted in the eyes of many when more of the details come out. Adam Schefter is reporting that there are "multiple smoking guns" that the league has in evidence and that NFL legal, NFL security and others are all getting involved.

[quote name='happyrid' post='545353' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:01 PM']...4. There are now rumors that they had one of their D linemen wearing a microphone so that they could hear the OL and QB make their audibles and then at halftime would figure out what each audible meant so that the D knew what play was coming...[/quote]
Interesting. I bet the NFL has had an idea of this going around, thus the green sticker on the helmet with the headset.

Report: NFL weighing Patriots' punishment for spying
Report: NFL weighing Patriots' punishment for spying

September 11, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL reportedly is considering punishing the New England Patriots for spying on the New York Jets in their season opener.

ESPN.com, citing league sources, [b]reported Tuesday that commissioner Roger Goodell has determined the Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the Jets' coaches[/b]. But the report also said the Patriots have not yet presented their case to the league.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Web site's report said Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including docking the Patriots "[b]multiple draft p[/b]icks."

A league spokesman, however, said only that an investigation is under way. Both teams said no decision has been made.

NFL security confiscated a video camera and tape from a Patriots employee during New England's 38-14 victory Sunday. The employee was accused of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches as they signaled to players on the field.

[b]Last season, the Green Bay Packers had an issue with a man wearing a Patriots staff credential who was carrying a video camera on their sideline.[/b]

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said Monday in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

"We are looking into whether the Patriots violated this rule."

[b]There also are questions regarding the Patriots' use of radio frequencies during the game. [/b]

Patriots owner Robert Kraft was asked when he expected a verdict, but said those questions had to be directed toward Goodell.

"There is an investigation going on now, and perhaps an adjudication of it, and I think it would be inappropriate at this time to make any comment," Kraft told reporters at a charity appearance Tuesday. "When you're successful in anything, a lot of people like to try to take you down and do different things. We understand that.

"We worked very hard to try to put an organization together that we all could be proud of in New England, and we're very proud of the New England Patriots organization and the record that they've established over the last 13 seasons and one game."

Wow. That's truly messed up. I started to actually not hate the Patriots. I even thought that Belicheck MIGHT not be a horrible horrible person. Guess not. If they don't take this win from them and give it to the Jets, I'll be sorely disappointed with Goodell. If he fucks over players across the league for whatever mistakes and screw-ups they did with 8 game and full season penalties, then a team that is sullying the integrity of the greatest sport in the world should get an equally harsh punishment. Fuck the bullshit.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545515' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:16 PM']This is extremely interesting. I wonder of Michael Chertoff is a Patriots fan (or George W)?
Anyway, joking aside, this is a serious offense if true. And it would also explain a lot, as well.[/quote]

Tom Brady did appear in the President's box during the State of the Union address awhile ago.

Plus people always thought it a little odd that a team called the Patriots won right after 9-11.

(Of course no amount of fixing the games could allow Vinatieri to make those kicks)

Still I think it likely the Pats stole offensive plays from other teams as well.

I'm really glad they figured all this out before week 4. I'd be soooo pissed if we lost to the Pats on Monday night and found out a week later that they knew what we were calling when they were at the line of scrimmage. Also, what are the chances they were just filming the D coordinators? Wouldn't it be possible to have a camera on Brat in the box and some of the assistants on the sidelines? Oh, how the mighty will fall for such stupidity!!! I can't wait to see the D unload on that faggot Tom Brady.......

I hope this story keeps snowballing. Goodell needs to start asking questions of former Patriots that no longer have a reason to lie. I have heard the defense wearing microphones rumor from several sources now. I it a coincidence that the Patriots tend to play their best football late in games? How about the supposed genius assistants like Weiss and Crennel? Is it coincidence that they are now struggling to win games?

Archived