RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

LOL, obviously the Draft is over and now we are into the anything will do to keep my job mode.

A friend of mine built a crypto-currency mining rig, basically 4 GPU's zip-tied to a wire rack and a dedicated Linux-based OS on a MOBO the size of a key fob.  It generated enough heat to keep his small apartment warm all winter & even make a few bucks over the electricity it consumed. 

Anyway IDK why anyone would want to be paid in Bitcoin with the value bouncing around all over the place, unless they were seriously paranoid and/or trying to avoid taxes.

59 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

The fact Mixon isn't graded 80+ should demonstrate how much bullshit PFF's bullshit grading system is full of bullshit.  Like, +12.9 bullshits.

It's amazing how these know-nothings are able to pass themselves off as analysts just by using decimal points.

49 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The fact Mixon isn't graded 80+ should demonstrate how much bullshit PFF's bullshit grading system is full of bullshit.  Like, +12.9 bullshits.

It's amazing how these know-nothings are able to pass themselves off as analysts just by using decimal points.

I give this post an 88.7 rating.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The Bengals don’t play him enough. He almost hit 80 but he isn’t on the field nearly as much as guys like Gurley, Elliot and McCaffrey. PFF rates you on a per game basis, that is why Dalton was above 80.  Alot of QBs were above 80 since they play almost every snap. 

Second, PFF simply doesn’t rate RBs that high. Gurley didn’t break 80 either. The graphic above was just a poorly made bit of info. It would have been better to have top 10 PFF players at their position instead, Mixon was top 5. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Bengals don’t play him enough. He almost hit 80 but he isn’t on the field nearly as much as guys like Gurley, Elliot and McCaffrey. PFF rates you on a per game basis, that is why Dalton was above 80.  Alot of QBs were above 80 since they play almost every snap. 

Second, PFF simply doesn’t rate RBs that high. Gurley didn’t break 80 either. The graphic above was just a poorly made bit of info. It would have been better to have top 10 PFF players at their position instead, Mixon was top 5. 

Yeah I don't expect much from PFF but if they were trying to highlight our core players moving forward he should be there.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah I don't expect much from PFF but if they were trying to highlight our core players moving forward he should be there.

On the right side of the graphic it gave him honorable mention.  PFF isn’t bad if you understand what it actually indicates and how it gets there. Yeah, it certainly isn’t perfect but it gives credit to guys who are on the field most of the game.

Ex is Eifert scored a 72 last year which is good for TEs but we both know he didn’t play that many games. Once you hit IR the season scoring stops.   So basically he is very good when he plays but that isn’t often. 

The reason Gurley scores seemingly low is the Rams kept playing him the last few games sparingly when his knee was obviously an issue.  Dragged his season score down.  

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Mixon led the AFC in rushing, yet he's nowhere to be found on this list

Doesn’t catch enough passes (yet).  Of course Adam is Rank doesn't even delineate between a standard league and PPR.  Mixon was 10th in PPR format last year.   This guy basically took last years top 10, added Le'veon Bell and dropped #10 who was Mixon.   Guy did zero analysis what so ever other than moving David Johnson, a guy who is either hurt or has never returned to his 2016 form up a few places and dropping New England's James White because Bellicheat hates good running backs.   Seriously, this list is almost exactly how the 2018 final rankings ended up with Bell added in and of course adding Nick Chubb who is on the future 2019 Super Bowl champion Browns.  /massive sarc off

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/leaders/ppr-rb.php?year=2018&start=1&end=17

John Ross changing his number to 11?

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/24/john-ross-changing-jersey-number-11/

Ross started his career with the Bengals wearing No. 15, which has a special place in the hearts of many Cincinnati fans.

But some fans noticed the NFL shop now has Ross jerseys as No. 11 when sorted by new. The team’s roster as of this writing still has him as No. 15, at least.

It would be a fitting way for Ross to head into his third season and first under Taylor. He scored seven times last year as one of the league’s most lethal red zone weapons and there is hope the creativity of an offensive coach can unlock his potential all over the field. One advanced stat even suggests he’s headed for a huge breakout.

And as for Ross himself? He certainly isn’t denying a number change is on the way:

VK6-N-eA_normal.jpg

· May 23, 2019

so i gotta look stupid w this 15 jersey 😤 go dumb tho #11

Nah you got a original fam!! We still live!

See John Ross III's other Tweets Closed caption for the Jive impaired 

35 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

[Bengalswire]

so i gotta look stupid w this 15 jersey 

If Zac and staff can’t get Ross to produce any better, you’re going to look stupid with ANY number (except 89) on a Bengals ROSS jersey.

🦗

My Random Thought is I think the Bengals are going to be a Hell of a lot better than people, meaning sports media, are giving them credit for.  Good mix of quality veterans and some exciting rookies all of whom have potential.  And hopefully a new coaching staff that can make them achieve it for a change.  Of course, health is a big issue, as always, but for once I see going into this season as a glass half full rather than half empty with Marvin's krew.

Looking forward to it.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, High School Harry said:

My Random Thought is I think the Bengals are going to be a Hell of a lot better than people, meaning sports media, are giving them credit for.  Good mix of quality veterans and some exciting rookies all of whom have potential.  And hopefully a new coaching staff that can make them achieve it for a change.  Of course, health is a big issue, as always, but for once I see going into this season as a glass half full rather than half empty with Marvin's krew.

Looking forward to it.

It is definitely a wide open AFCN in my opinion.   If the o line improves and the defense just play average the team could win the division.  The elephant in the room will be the coaching and in particular in game adjustments and play calling. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

It is definitely a wide open AFCN in my opinion.   If the o line improves and the defense just play average the team could win the division.  The elephant in the room will be the coaching and in particular in game adjustments and play calling. 

Thank you for the reply.

I just signed back in and its great to be back and see everyone.

I think the Brows will go Brown.  Too many egos and head cases.  Everyone will have seen more film on Maker Bayfield and he's overdue to get his ass kicked and a trip to IR.  I think Beckham is due for a Come to Jesus meeting with reality, too.

Baltimore... meh.  As soon as they find out their quarterback sucks they are in the tank.

Pittsburg?  Aging and not improving.  Pubic Bush is not the answer and Jar Jar Binks Shrimper is an ass clown.

I feel great about our coaches, unproven playing with the big boys that they may be.  A real breath of fresh air from Marvin.

7 hours ago, oldschooler said:

MORE CRITICISM??? Like it's pretty much all I see now

Genuine Q: Why do the #Bengals not get more criticism for being an organization that proactively de-prioritizes winning?

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1133183693059698690

Like many of those who responded, why keep beating the dead horse.  We are fighting Detroit and Cleveland for the title of Minnesota Timberswolves of the NFL.  Can't say Clippers since it is in LA. 

Probably the best response:  "The beat writers are a disgrace, the radio talking heads have the passion of a 12th century arranged marriage. The fans suffer from Stockholm syndrome. The organization has a sense of entitlement to taxpayer funds that would make a defense contractor blush."

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

The organization has a sense of entitlement to taxpayer funds that would make a defense contractor blush."

This one always puzzles me in regards to the stadium deal.   This was on a ballot, everyone voted on it, it wasn't a contract signed in blood by the light of the moon.  Like the people in the county were asked directly if they wanted to do the thing and they said yes let's do the thing.  There was no trickery involved.

"Oh noes that cheap Mike Brown is taking the tax money we publicly and emphatically decided to give him! What an asshole!"

Time to quit blaming our buyer's remorse on the seller.  

Archived