RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

The Falcons shouldn't be on that list.  Took an exceptional choke job to stay on it.   Pre-merger NFL titles in  a 12 team league are pretty lame (Browns, Cardinals and Lions). 

Just for fun, what city were the Cardinals in when they won their last of 2 NFL championsips in 1947 (10 team league)?   BTW, they beat the Boston Yanks that year 27-7 during the regular season.  Come on, most of you didn't know there was a Boston Yanks team and no they did not become the New England Patriots. 

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

The guy is totally wrong as to the Texas Rangers inheriting the streak since 1961. 

The Washington Senators moved to Minneapolis in 1961, and became the Minnesota Twins. The Rangers were the second team resulting from a move by the next Washington Senators incarnation--in 1972. Two completely separate Senators franchises.   

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

The guy is totally wrong as to the Texas Rangers inheriting the streak since 1961. 

The Washington Senators moved to Minneapolis in 1961, and became the Minnesota Twins. The Rangers were the second team resulting from a move by the next Washington Senators incarnation--in 1972. Two completely separate Senators franchises.   

Nah its correct.  Original Washington Senators started in 1901 and moved to Minn after 1960 season. Regardless, the Twins last won a championship in 1991.

Second iteration of Washington Senators started in 1961 and they moved to Texas after the 1970 season.  Neither had won a WS although Texas has been to 2 WS in the last 10 years.

BTW, Expos/Washinton Nationals are probably 5th on that list since the Expos started in 1969.

OK, if we want to go further back in this silly montage:

The Sacramento Kings would have a really long streak: going back to 1951 when they were the Rochester Royals (later Cincinnati Royals too) 

But here's a hard to beat one--and they are at least still in the same city (yeah I know, it's without a title, but whatevs):

1.pne_126yrs.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w

Preston have been waiting the longest and their last title win came 128 years ago – Preston were the first ever Football League champions, winning it in 1889, but their last triumph came in 1890. When they won the inaugural season, however, they did so without losing a game and were the original Invincibles, while they also won the seasons FA Cup without conceding a goal.

32 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

OK, if we want to go further back in this silly montage:

The Sacramento Kings would have a really long streak: going back to 1951 when they were the Rochester Royals (later Cincinnati Royals too) 

But here's a hard to beat one--and they are at least still in the same city (yeah I know, it's without a title, but whatevs):

1.pne_126yrs.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w

Preston have been waiting the longest and their last title win came 128 years ago – Preston were the first ever Football League champions, winning it in 1889, but their last triumph came in 1890. When they won the inaugural season, however, they did so without losing a game and were the original Invincibles, while they also won the seasons FA Cup without conceding a goal.

But they still got a CHAMPIONS trophy!!

FL1366-1-611x1024.jpg

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Falcons shouldn't be on that list.  Took an exceptional choke job to stay on it.   Pre-merger NFL titles in  a 12 team league are pretty lame (Browns, Cardinals and Lions). 

Just for fun, what city were the Cardinals in when they won their last of 2 NFL championsips in 1947 (10 team league)?   BTW, they beat the Boston Yanks that year 27-7 during the regular season.  Come on, most of you didn't know there was a Boston Yanks team and no they did not become the New England Patriots. 

Chicago?

28 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Here's a random thought.  Err... question.

Isn't there any competition for Fat Randy at kicker?

Or are we waiting until someone is cut we think is better.

Enquiring minds want to know.  Mine, too.

I believe Ample Randall has photos of Troy&Katie at a furry convention

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Here's a random thought.  Err... question.

Isn't there any competition for Fat Randy at kicker?

Or are we waiting until someone is cut we think is better.

Enquiring minds want to know.  Mine, too.

Shut your whore mouth with all your expectations and such. You're lucky Mr Brown took pity on you and stumbled over his money on his way to the bank and accidentally drafted Jonah Williams. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

How's that interview process go over at the Enquirer?

"How do you feel about the Cincinnati Bengals?"

"Hate them.  They fucking suck.  Everything about them is shit and I resent even having to talk about them long enough to answer your question."

"Perfect! When can you start?"

On 6/14/2019 at 8:07 PM, T-Dub said:

I believe Ample Randall has photos of Troy&Katie at a furry convention

The Jake Elliot debacle still pisses me off. Hopefully boy wonder does something before the season starts. Fortunately, there are always plenty of FA prospects to easily plug in. Find one to stick this season or daft one next season TO START and DON'T FUCKING CUT HIM!

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

The Jake Elliot debacle still pisses me off. Hopefully boy wonder does something before the season starts. Fortunately, there are always plenty of FA prospects to easily plug in. Find one to stick this season or daft one next season TO START and DON'T FUCKING CUT HIM!

Elliot must have thought he hit the life lottery. The Bengals release him and he goes to Philly his freshman year and wins a ring. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Elliot must have thought he hit the life lottery. The Bengals release him and he goes to Philly his freshman year and wins a ring. 

Lucky him that the bengals were that stupid. How do you draft a kicker in the 5th(?) and not give him the job? Over Fat Randy, no less. What do you have to lose? If they kept Elliot and he tanked, you couldn't find another Bullock in FA? Instead, waste a valuable draft pick.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, saphead said:

Isaac Curtis with the 'double hand' over the shoulder ball spike. That's a little more rare than the single hand one. 

Agreed, was usually the one hand over the shoulder drop, Issac must have been feeling special that day. How good would he be in today's NFL?

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Lucky him that the bengals were that stupid. How do you draft a kicker in the 5th(?) and not give him the job? Over Fat Randy, no less. What do you have to lose? If they kept Elliot and he tanked, you couldn't find another Bullock in FA? Instead, waste a valuable draft pick.

That was definitely an odd move.  I would guess that's a result of having too many chefs in the kitchen on draft day.

33 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That was definitely an odd move.  I would guess that's a result of having too many chefs in the kitchen on draft day.

I have no problem with the pick. We needed a kicker to hopefully be the future, but we keep the revolving door for scrub kickers.

Archived