RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

9 hours ago, Hooky said:

I have no problem with the pick. We needed a kicker to hopefully be the future, but we keep the revolving door for scrub kickers.

I don't either; I had a problem with then cutting him for a guy that's maybe average at best.  Not a big deal really but a head-scratcher for sure.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't either; I had a problem with then cutting him for a guy that's maybe average at best.  Not a big deal really but a head-scratcher for sure.

At the end of the day, selecting a kicker during camp should relatively easy I would think.  Bullock must have simply done better during camp.   I would think you just line the guys up and kick a bunch of times from different spots and distances and keep score?  Am I missing something?

The only advantage Elliot has is a little bit stronger leg.  Bullock as a Bengals is more accurate on extra points by .024, On FG tries under 50 Bullock is .919, Elliot is .882.  The one advantage Elliot has is 50+ he is .636 as opposed to .500 for Bullock, and Elliot's long is 61 yards.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:35 AM, T-Dub said:

I don't either; I had a problem with then cutting him for a guy that's maybe average at best.

that's what Elliott is, average at best.

if he hadn't hit a 61 yard game winner once, people wouldn't even be giving him a second thought. 

My random thought is was the board down for awhile and just came back up or is it just my imagination.

Other random thoughts include:

Marvin sucks.

We will go at least 8-8 and hopefully a lot more,

make the playoffs and win a game to two once there.

Pittsburgh sucks, Raperburger is still a toad and Jar Jar Binks Shrimper

is a pedophile homosexual.

And John Ross still likes turtles.

Carry on.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:35 PM, Jason said:

The only advantage Elliot has is a little bit stronger leg.  Bullock as a Bengals is more accurate on extra points by .024, On FG tries under 50 Bullock is .919, Elliot is .882.  The one advantage Elliot has is 50+ he is .636 as opposed to .500 for Bullock, and Elliot's long is 61 yards.

It's a huge advantage. Elliot had almost twice as many attempts and a much higher percentage which means that he was trusted to kick longer field goals. And you also left off touchback percentage which Elliot's was way higher. Bullock is shit. Elliot is way more valuable. You can pick and choose stats all you want. We need a good kicker, not mediocre. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

It's a huge advantage. Elliot had almost twice as many attempts and a much higher percentage which means that he was trusted to kick longer field goals. And you also left off touchback percentage which Elliot's was way higher. Bullock is shit. Elliot is way more valuable. You can pick and choose stats all you want. We need a good kicker, not mediocre. 

Marvin seemed to prefer consistently mediocre to a potentially great rookie's growing pains.   Desperate and risk-adverse is a bad combination, that's how you end up running Ogbuehi out there for a 2nd season, or keeping a burnt-out HC well past their expiration date for that matter.   I don't think it was all Marvin.  

I'm sure we will all find out but I question going into training camp and preseason with only

one kicker.  That guy is going to be worn out before kick off on opening day.  Maybe just

a camp kicker or whatever rather than real competition if they are, indeed, sold on Randy.

Maybe waiting to see who is cut and bringing him (her?) in for competition.

Just me but only one kicker at this stage of the game seems odd.

But I ain't the coach.  Of GM.  Or Katie's secret snuggle bunny.

Well... maybe the latter but that's just between you, me and the lamp post.

wink wink, nudge nudge.

My random Bengals thought today...

Is DAMN this month stretch (7/27??) where nothing is going on is brutal! I suppose no news is good news during this time span but it'll be nice when there is actual team stuff going on again. I would have liked to know what happened to Jonah at minicamp tho

47 minutes ago, Griever said:

Is DAMN this month stretch (7/27??) where nothing is going on is brutal! I suppose no news is good news during this time span but it'll be nice when there is actual team stuff going on again. I would have liked to know what happenes to Jonah at minicamp tho

I'd guess if it was anything more than a sprain they would've had him in a boot or sling etc.  Given it was a minicamp I'd be inclined to sideline him for a papercut. If he's not practicing in TC then we should worry.

23 hours ago, Griever said:

Is DAMN this month stretch (7/27??) where nothing is going on is brutal! I suppose no news is good news during this time span but it'll be nice when there is actual team stuff going on again. I would have liked to know what happened to Jonah at minicamp tho

Thankfully we have Hobson to get our daily fix of Bengal related content...oh Geoff where we would be without you..

8 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Thankfully we Hobson to get our daily fix of Bengal related content...oh Goeff where we would be without you..

Lol I gotta admit, he is getting tougher and tougher to read. Sometimes he just takes forever to get his point across. Run on sentences galore and canned phrases that almost read like dad jokes. Plenty of fluff pieces ahead!

Archived