RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

102, yes.  112+,  IDK.   Tucson wasn't so bad, higher elevation & mountains surrounding the city where you could cool off some.  Phoenix is in a basin/valley that acts like a tandoori oven.  You are the naan bread.

I was in Las Vegas--the wonderful "in-between". Both naan bread and wind-blown. I was 20 minutes from higher elevation, and floor. Howard Hughes named the part of the valley I lived in after his mother-in-law (Summerlin). Just far enough away from the sordidness, whilst still in the area. 

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

I remember when we first got FIFA and my older son would have David Beckham on his team.  He was the slowest and possibly the worst player in the game.  I honestly think the people making the game hated him because he was, you know, David Beckham. Either that or the guys had a totally unhealthy lust for Posh Spice.  Obviously, someone at Madden must have lost his shirt betting the Wolfpack and taking the points in the Gator Bowl. (Texas A&M won 52-13).  BTW, I think Johah's rating will be adjusted to a  zero for the upcoming season.

Every person--child or adult--in this part of the world, went with Beckham because, you know, he was Beckham. Over-hyped sot that he was. Seems now--domestically anyway--Wayne Rooney has some sort of magnetic attraction. He had his moments years ago, but now he is an old/slow/over-hyped sot. Figure he will be followed over here by Paul Pogba eventually--another over-hyped sot.   

On 7/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, Le Tigre said:

Every person--child or adult--in this part of the world, went with Beckham because, you know, he was Beckham. Over-hyped sot that he was. Seems now--domestically anyway--Wayne Rooney has some sort of magnetic attraction. He had his moments years ago, but now he is an old/slow/over-hyped sot. Figure he will be followed over here by Paul Pogba eventually--another over-hyped sot.   

What part of the world would that be? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

About an hour east of where you are. But, also referring to the US in general with regards to those who follow the sport.

Beckham was en excellent player, perhaps one of the best servers of the ball in history but yeah the whole paparazzi fueled Beckham /Victoria Adams show was a bit much.  

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

so he'd fit right in...

If I have to watch another season of Glenn/Hart at OT I might turn into a soccer fan myself

Don't worry, Glenn/Hart is the best case. Glenn won't stay healthy for 16 games so we'll get to see Perkins or whomever at some point.

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I think the coolest thing Elvis ever did was have a heart attack trying to squeeze out a hard loaf.

Are you familiar with the legend of Rusty James? The best worst Elvis impersonator ever.

Archived