RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

On 7/19/2019 at 8:40 AM, T-Dub said:

Was definitely Finley that looked lost in OTA's.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/07/ryan-finley-struggles-continue-bengals-camp/

Granted it was just OTA's but how bad do you have to be to get singled out like that in walk-throughs?

I don't know what you're talking about.  In unrelated news I can't wait to see Eifert & Ross tear up the NFL this year.

I'm saying that even if Finley looks like hot garbage, the new coaching staff traded up to get him so there is a zero percent chance of him getting cut this preseason.  

35 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I'm saying that even if Finley looks like hot garbage, the new coaching staff traded up to get him so there is a zero percent chance of him getting cut this preseason.  

No question, roster management here loves the sunk cost fallacy.   Not saying they should cut him after one bad OTA session but if it comes down to risking him on the PS for the sake of a more capable back-up QB I hope they look at AD's injury history & make the smart decision instead of the strictly frugal one.

:lmao: 

No I mean it could happen tho

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Apparently, Nate Davis didn't get the memo that the turds are way better than the stealers now. 

LOL, yeah I saw that.  I mean I really hate the Stealers but I am at the point I will be pulling for them to sweep the Browns again after yet another Baker Mayfield suck fest article on ESPN.  

The Cardinals, Lions, Redskins and us will win more than 3 games this year.   The Broncos  will be tanking for a QB.  Not sure about the Dolphins.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, T-Dub said:

No question, roster management here loves the sunk cost fallacy.   Not saying they should cut him after one bad OTA session but if it comes down to risking him on the PS for the sake of a more capable back-up QB I hope they look at AD's injury history & make the smart decision instead of the strictly frugal one.

:lmao: 

No I mean it could happen tho

I think they would rather go into the season with Finley as the backup than risk him getting picked up by another team if they try and put him on the PS.

If the Bengals were serious about winning they would have a half way competent backup QB, going into the season with Jeff Driskel has the most experienced QB besides Dalton is laughable. 

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I think they would rather go into the season with Finley as the backup than risk him getting picked up by another team if they try and put him on the PS.

If the Bengals were serious about winning they would have a half way competent backup QB, going into the season with Jeff Driskel has the most experienced QB besides Dalton is laughable. 

If he's too shitty to make the roster otherwise who cares if some other team plucks him off the PS?  The NFL doesn't give the draft pick back if we play the shitty guy we wasted it on.  I think Brown would once again rather double down on a bad bet than admit to a mistake.  Being a Redeemer really takes a toll on the self-awareness.

15 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I seriously doubt Finley is a replacement for Dalton at any level.  If we had a very good oline like we did in 2015 you might win with mediocre backup.  I can't see Finley or Driskel having any success with this line unless Mixon can run for 200 a game. 

How about the time a blind side cheap shot after a play was over from Hines Ward  broke Joe's jaw and he was never the same after.

No flag.  Whistle had not blown but the play was over and, of course, they were the Squeelers.

Just one of the many reasons I hate those cheap shot bitches and Hines Ward.

So ironic how they whined and bitched their heads off about Burfict and Pac and taught shit like this.

:doh:

7 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about the time a blind side cheap shot after a play was over from Hines Ward  broke Joe's jaw and he was never the same after.

No flag.  Whistle had not blown but the play was over and, of course, they were the Squeelers.

Just one of the many reasons I hate those cheap shot bitches and Hines Ward.

So ironic how they whined and bitched their heads off about Burfict and Pac and taught shit like this.

That was Keith Rivers, wasn't it?

Check your memory. I saw him play in person. Smallish--but faster than blazes, and was always around the ball/ball carrier. He made a lot of crucial tackles in that '88 season--one against the Washington Franchise which IIRC was a game-changer. 

Anything but mediocre, and I haven't forgotten him.   

4 | Barcelona (Soccer)

• Value: $4.02 billion
  • 1-Year % Change: -1%
  • Owners: Club members
  • Operating Income: -$37 million

That's right--$37 million euros in the hole. They are attempting to do a massive wage dump--but the simple truth is: they are broke. And, unlike Man City, they don't have oil oligarch human rights abusing FFP-violating dictators to pour more filthy lucre into the abyss. 

30 | Pittsburgh Stealers (NFL)

• Value: $2.585 billion
  • 1-Year % Change: 5%
  • Owners: Daniel Rooney Trust, Art Rooney II
  • Operating Income: $85 million

Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

4 | Barcelona (Soccer)

• Value: $4.02 billion
  • 1-Year % Change: -1%
  • Owners: Club members
  • Operating Income: -$37 million

That's right--$37 million euros in the hole. They are attempting to do a massive wage dump--but the simple truth is: they are broke. And, unlike Man City, they don't have oil oligarch human rights abusing FFP-violating dictators to pour more filthy lucre into the abyss. 

When you have 5 of the top 20 players in the world on your team, it is pretty hard to turn a profit.  Your hatred of Man City is shared by many. 

Archived