RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

On 7/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Le Tigre said:

I just find it interesting that many of the "valuable" franchises in sport, are also no where close to operating income. Does this mean (wait for it) they are not that far off from the Bengals' financial modus?  

Actually, they are 180 degrees different. Barca over spends for great players and win trophies while losing money. The Bengals underspend on mediocre players, win nothing and turn a profit. 

They have been trying to peddle Coutinho for astronomical amounts: 107 million quid from Man Utd...Spurs just offered 81 million and they are not budging. Nice player when right--but wow. Thing of it is: they could get the top amount, and still need two more high transfer fees to get solvent. 

Be be happy the NFL doesn't have this ludicrous loot to toss freely about. FFP is a farce. 

On 7/26/2019 at 11:07 AM, Cricket said:

Thanks, oldschooler!  Your hard work makes this site the best place to get team-related information.

:badger:

Thank you! I enjoy it but your acknowledgment is appreciated!

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats funny...

Don't drag how you feel about me from the political forum to this forum.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Don't drag how you feel about me from the political forum to this forum.

Thanks. 

Well said and thanks for the updates although the newest one on AJ might needing surgery kinda sucked. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Well said and thanks for the updates although the newest one on AJ might needing surgery kinda sucked. 

Yeah, Old - thanks for getting AJ injured. Jerk!

17 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I was laughing about Ross just a few minutes ago.  Put him on the list with Akili Smith and David Verser.

Oh come on man, Ross has more TDs than #3 in the draft Akile Smith!!  There are busts and then there are EPIC franchise crushing busts. Even Ryan Leaf had twice as many TDs as aKILLme.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:08 PM, Hooky said:

I heard he did it trying to figure out what his jersey number is.

You are correct.  I heard if from a guy who knows the guy who cuts the practice field field turf that he kept looking down at his jersey thinking he was number 51, that is why they switched him to 11.  

As good a place as any to post this cheery little note...

https://sports.yahoo.com/who-are-the-nf-ls-most-tortured-fan-bases-153534347.html

53186030-b45f-11e9-bfee-7da7ae216213  

There’s a whole coterie of also-ran teams that we can’t really put on this list because, well, they haven’t really had much of a taste of sustained success — the Titans, the Cardinals, the Jaguars, and so on. The Bengals don’t get to hide in the weeds with that crew. Their last seven visits to the playoffs have been one-and-done. Their last victory in the postseason came against a team that no longer exists in the same town or by the same name, the Houston Oilers. Fans have tuned out — Cincinnati had the lowest average attendance last year of the 31 teams that don’t play in soccer stadiums — but they deserve better than this orange clown show.

Last year’s Most Tortured rank: 9

Yahoo Sports 2019 preview rank: 28

Archived