RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Looks as though you had a good keeper and solid back line. You sound like you were an attacker--wing? 

We do have some good players; an excellent goalkeeper and very solid defenders...for the old farts that we are. 

We played a 2-3-1 formation (starting from the back).  I was usually the "1" up top.  With no offsides in 7v7, I usually just ran around behind, and in and around their defenders getting them out of position and wearing them out if they tried to mark me...and getting into open spaces if they didn't try to mark me or when they wore down.  Our opponents were surprised on several occasions to find me behind them. 

Next up is the 8v8 Beer City Cup Tournament in Asheville, NC during the Labor Day weekend.

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Game winning drives is a meh stat. Since 2011 regular season only:

Dalton 24 GWD 68 wins

Brady 15 GWD  96 wins

Stafford 31 GWD 63 wins

Brees 25 GWD 76 wins

Wilson 23 GWD  75 wins in 1 less season (rookie 2012)

Rodgers 15 GWD 75 wins

30 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So Stafford sucks just like Dalton does?

Their numbers were fairly similar last year.  One time pro bowler.  Not much difference to be honest except he was the #1 pick coming out of Georgia so the media slobbered over him.  He has averaged more yards passing per game but Detroit never ran the ball much after Sanders, only Reggie Bush in 2013 rushed for  more than 1000 yards (1006)  while Stafford has been the starter.   They are regularly near the bottom of the league with rushing yards and attempts. We could probably swap players and neither team would notice much of a difference.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Their numbers were fairly similar last year.  One time pro bowler.  Not much difference to be honest except he was the #1 pick coming out of Georgia so the media slobbered over him.  He has averaged more yards passing per game but Detroit never ran the ball much after Sanders, only Reggie Bush in 2013 rushed for  more than 1000 yards (1006)  while Stafford has been the starter.   They are regularly near the bottom of the league with rushing yards and attempts. We could probably swap players and neither team would notice much of a difference.

Stafford did have a 5000 yard 40 TD season once when Megatron was still playing. Dalton has never come close to those numbers. 

18 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Stafford did have a 5000 yard 40 TD season once when Megatron was still playing. Dalton has never come close to those numbers. 

4200 and 33...that's not too damn shabby.

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Their top rusher had 390 yards that season.  I am sure Dalton could do the same with 650 attempts. 

Archived