RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

43 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

High School Harry's Random Thought of the Day

When the Browns come to town instead of the canned music how about

blaring "Send in the Clowns" over the PA when they take the field?

NO :ninja:

What do you think this is, Great American Ball Park?  The designated songs will be played at the designated times & the stadium will be at the traditional 75% of capacity..  Just like the team that plays in it.  The Brown Family thanks you for your support & invites you to enjoy any snacks found underneath your seat.

I want to see Dalton throw a few deep balls hitting receivers in stride instead of them having to slowing down for the ball...

Im watching Hart and Price closely..

Is Price healthy? Jeez.

.Malone and Morgan seperations...

Will linebackers cover their areas on passes???? Hummm..

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

High School Harry's Random Thought of the Day

When the Browns come to town instead of the canned music how about

blaring "Send in the Clowns" over the PA when they take the field?

NO :ninja:

Since Baker looks like a bearded hobo, I was thinking "Mr. Bojangles"?

On 8/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, claptonrocks said:

I want to see Dalton throw a few deep balls hitting receivers in stride instead of them having to slowing down for the ball...

Im watching Hart and Price closely..

Is Price healthy? Jeez.

.Malone and Morgan seperations...

Will linebackers cover their areas on passes???? Hummm..

This was prescient

6 hours ago, Cricket said:

If by “tone deaf” you mean “a douche bag”, no you weren’t.

I don't blame Doc at all.  Spurs are playing Liverpool in the morning at home and he won't get to go..., I would be pissed too.

That would be an awesome day to see both games err matches. 

10 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Guess that would be St. Louis "throwback"--which they are allowed to wear through this coming season? As opposed to the LA Rams "throwback":

zewshycoidhfqq6fkpgy.jpg

If there ever was a guy who lived up to his cool as hell name it would be Jack Youngblood!

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I always liked how they differentiated his and his brother Jim's jersey names. Couldn't use "J. Youngblood" so...

DNRQEZuU8AAukQy.jpg

How good were those Ram defenses in the 60s and 70s.  From 1962 to 1981, 20 years, their defense was ranked in the top 10 18 times. 12 times in the top 5. 

Sports

Jeff Driskel works at receiver in practice

The Saints’ success with Taysom Hill, using him as a Swiss Army knife, has prompted several other teams to look for a third-string quarterback who can do more than carry a clipboard on game day. The Bengals are experimenting with Jeff Driskel at receiver.

Driskel took snaps at receiver in Tuesday’s 11-on-11 work, Jay Morrison of TheAthletic.com reports.

Driskel previously practiced at the position in one practice in 2017.

“I’m still competing at quarterback,” Driskel said, via Morrison. “That’s what I want to be. That’s what I think I can be. But I just want to show that I can add value to this team in other ways and show that I want to contribute and can contribute.”

Driskel is competing with fourth-round choice Ryan Finley for the backup job behind Andy Dalton. With Finley slated to get second-team work Thursday night in Washington, Driskel approached special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons about working with Simmons’ unit.

Bengals head coach Zac Taylor asked Driskel about playing receiver Tuesday.

“Let me make this clear: He is not out of the quarterback competition by any stretch,” Taylor said. “He just feels like he can help us, and we feel like he can help us on special teams, and you saw him take a couple of reps at receiver. He’s a great athlete. He’s 232 pounds. He’s explosive. He has good hands. Those guys are hard to come by. We’ll keep giving him a look. But it doesn’t change. He goes to quarterback meetings. He goes to quarterback individual [drills]. He still takes his reps. That does not cut into that at all.”

As all players know, the more things you can do, the better chance you have to make the 53-player roster . . . and to play.  Next week Driskel plans to work at the Norwood White Castle.

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Awesome! Rams were my hometown team growing up until I first saw the Bengals with the striped helmets. Rams lost to Stealers in Super Bowl, Bengals lose twice to 49’ers, Bengals cursed begins soon after, Rams win Super Bowl once they leave LA 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Glad they’re playing in the old uni’s, my two favorite uniforms in the league 🤘🏼

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

That was my 2 boys right around 2007-2010.  Last game they went to with me was vs the Dolphins in 2010.   Nail in the coffin.  Oldest son is exclusively a Saints fan and the other is a bandwagon douchebag Patriots' fan because of Gronk.  Loves LeBron too.   Post Millenials follow players more than teams because of social media.

Archived