Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Lol I gotta admit, he is getting tougher and tougher to read. Sometimes he just takes forever to get his point across. Run on sentences galore and canned phrases that almost read like dad jokes. Plenty of fluff pieces ahead!

Yeah he's the king of dad jokes

 

I'm going to spend as much time with my wife as possible in the next 6 weeks so that I can ignore her every Sunday come mid August thru January.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

 

I am sure we are now at +1300.  For fucks sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With due reasoning, a rookie offensive tackle loss isn't going to move the season needle one way or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a blow to the aspirations for the new regime though. I understand next man up mentality but this is just ridiculous. I knew there was something up with him, UUGHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

With due reasoning, a rookie offensive tackle loss isn't going to move the season needle one way or the other. 

The Bengals were going to win the Super Bowl before this injury, everyone knew that....just ask Mixon and Boyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

With due reasoning, a rookie offensive tackle loss isn't going to move the season needle one way or the other. 

Bullshit. The season's over. Somebody start the 2020 Draft thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

With due reasoning, a rookie offensive tackle loss isn't going to move the season needle one way or the other. 

Yeah, it actually kinda does when there is no depth at O line and the end result is Bobby Hart will be starting for this club.   Add in Boling looks like he is not playing and this oline may be as bad as the 2017 line. The other elephant in the room is Cordy Glenn not being the must durable guy on the squad.  Williams was drafted to immediately fill a glaring hole playing one of the most important position on the field.  Drew Sample will be doing a lot of blocking this year.   

 

The best case scenario IMHO is the Bengals go 4-12 or 3-13 and pick first or second in the draft.  Worst case scenario is the club goes 6-10 or 7-9.   Start over with a new QB, say good bye and thank you to AJ Green and move on from this era.

 

 The team will not make the playoffs considering our defense is no better than it was last year and our o-line will most certainly be worse than last year.   Furthermore, if Williams has a full recovery, he will still be a rookie offensive tackle next season.  I just can't see an untested offensive coordinator generating enough points with this squad to carry a defensive unit very low on overall talent. 

 

What the team does in the next few weeks will be telling.  If they go out and actually spend money on the best available FA OT then at least you can say they are trying.  If they pick up some no name scrub then the decision is made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What free agent is available that would make a difference now? Team should have been active when free agency opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

What free agent is available that would make a difference now? Team should have been active when free agency opened.

Jermey Parnell OT Jags Way better than Hart.

 

Ryan Schrader OT Falcons Better than Hart.

 

Regardless, we don't even have a legit backup at OT now. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These FA linemen might be better than Hart or Glenn, but how much better? If the difference is 7-8 wins instead of 5-6 there's not much point. 

 

Tobin's line about how they couldn't upgrade the OL in free agency because "you can't just go to Walmart" is pretty damned funny now that we're shopping at Goodwill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

These FA linemen might be better than Hart or Glenn, but how much better? If the difference is 7-8 wins instead of 5-6 there's not much point. 

 

Tobin's line about how they couldn't upgrade the OL in free agency because "you can't just go to Walmart" is pretty damned funny now that we're shopping at Goodwill. 

 

If only.  They are going through the dumpsters behind Goodwill.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, it actually kinda does when there is no depth at O line and the end result is Bobby Hart will be starting for this club.   Add in Boling looks like he is not playing and this oline may be as bad as the 2017 line. The other elephant in the room is Cordy Glenn not being the must durable guy on the squad.  Williams was drafted to immediately fill a glaring hole playing one of the most important position on the field.  Drew Sample will be doing a lot of blocking this year.   

 

The best case scenario IMHO is the Bengals go 4-12 or 3-13 and pick first or second in the draft.  Worst case scenario is the club goes 6-10 or 7-9.   Start over with a new QB, say good bye and thank you to AJ Green and move on from this era.

 

 The team will not make the playoffs considering our defense is no better than it was last year and our o-line will most certainly be worse than last year.   Furthermore, if Williams has a full recovery, he will still be a rookie offensive tackle next season.  I just can't see an untested offensive coordinator generating enough points with this squad to carry a defensive unit very low on overall talent. 

 

What the team does in the next few weeks will be telling.  If they go out and actually spend money on the best available FA OT then at least you can say they are trying.  If they pick up some no name scrub then the decision is made. 

So, a few days ago...it was Boy Wonder Happy Time--with the "solid core" and real opportunity to make waves. Now, it's scrap the remainder of the "solid core", and entertain this fantasy that tanking is going to lead to some brand new kittens and unicorns era of immediate resurgence. 

 

All because of a loss of a rookie tackle--and one that wasn't even a Top 5 pick? That's what has changed everything? 

 

This is team will no doubt go 5-11... as I have consistently said. But the needle won't be moving that direction because Jonah Williams won't be playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So, a few days ago...it was Boy Wonder Happy Time--with the "solid core" and real opportunity to make waves. Now, it's scrap the remainder of the "solid core", and entertain this fantasy that tanking is going to lead to some brand new kittens and unicorns era of immediate resurgence. 

 

All because of a loss of a rookie tackle--and one that wasn't even a Top 5 pick? That's what has changed everything? 

 

This is team will no doubt go 5-11... as I have consistently said. But the needle won't be moving that direction because Jonah Williams won't be playing. 

LOL, this was never going to be a good season. Our defense is garbage and we did almost nothing to fix it. 

 

Williams was supposed to be the 2nd piece after Price of an oline rebuild. Now Boling looks done and Williams will be a red shirt rookie next year. 

 

We resigned marginal players because that is all we had.  We need to tank hard, get that franchise QB next year and rebuild.  Maybe trade AJ this year for a draft choice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SF2 said:

LOL, this was never going to be a good season. Our defense is garbage and we did almost nothing to fix it. 

 

Williams was supposed to be the 2nd piece after Price of an oline rebuild. Now Boling looks done and Williams will be a red shirt rookie next year. 

 

We resigned marginal players because that is all we had.  We need to tank hard, get that franchise QB next year and rebuild.  Maybe trade AJ this year for a draft choice. 

 

 

So we replace the QB and WR1 along with the rest of the OL and most of the defense.. How many comp picks is that going to take? May as well trade Geno & anyone else over 30 with that timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The journey isn't important--it's the only way, you understand? This is the Flight of the Phoenix. :YouDontSay-min:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2
14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So, a few days ago...it was Boy Wonder Happy Time--with the "solid core" and real opportunity to make waves. Now, it's scrap the remainder of the "solid core", and entertain this fantasy that tanking is going to lead to some brand new kittens and unicorns era of immediate resurgence. 

 

All because of a loss of a rookie tackle--and one that wasn't even a Top 5 pick? That's what has changed everything? 

 

This is team will no doubt go 5-11... as I have consistently said. But the needle won't be moving that direction because Jonah Williams won't be playing. 

 

well.. then you can be happy and make and have all the 'see I told you boy wonder couldn't win' comments.. we should have kept ole marv so we could have won 6 games... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

So we replace the QB and WR1 along with the rest of the OL and most of the defense.. How many comp picks is that going to take? May as well trade Geno & anyone else over 30 with that timeline.

Well, do you want to spend a boatload of money on Dalton or get somone like Tua?   Keeping Green would be nice but is it a smart move going forward?   We will find out his health soon enough.  As far as the oline is concerned I see Price and Williams as part of the future.  Hopefully Boling is alright.  Need some depth and a legitimate Right Tackle.  The offense isn't in nearly as bad of shape as the defense.

 

The defense has a couple of damn good players and a lot of marginal ones.   Regardless, the defensive roster needs to be dramatically improved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

 



Happy? If I gave a shit about confirming some "prediction" later on when it occurs, then you would be correct. Simple fact is: I don't. Talk to SF about this problem with predicting demise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Well, do you want to spend a boatload of money on Dalton or get somone like Tua?   

 

I question whether the FO is willing to accept the team is 2-3 years from seriously competing & embrace a rebuild.  It's much easier to kind of muddle along putting out fires one at a time & flirting with playoff contention.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-Dub said:

 

I question whether the FO is willing to accept the team is 2-3 years from seriously competing & embrace a rebuild.  It's much easier to kind of muddle along putting out fires one at a time & flirting with playoff contention.  

Yes it is.  It is called the Jeff Fisher syndrome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Happy? If I gave a shit about confirming some "prediction" later on when it occurs, then you would be correct. Simple fact is: I don't. Talk to SF about this problem with predicting demise.  

My prediction is simply based on the fact that the roster is going to be almost  the same as the one we had last year. A roster that was 5-6 BEFORE Dalton went down for the season.  Williams would have really helped the oline IMHO and the offense should have improved.  Your first round pick should almost always be a starter day 1 but for us it seems they become starters on day 366.   I still think this is a 6-10 or 7-9 team which isn't hateful for an almost new coaching staff but does that help us long term??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worse still is Price was horrible last year and all there is there is 'hope' that he is better. There is zero evidence to date he will be a good OL. If Boling is really done or he struggles due to this injury the OL could actually be worse than last year. 

 

And Tobin can whine all he wants, they simply failed to address the OL for years.No useful free agents and horrible drafting. It is the same with the LB position, they have backed themselves in a corner due to bad drafting, useless free agents and bad coaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Worse still is Price was horrible last year and all there is there is 'hope' that he is better. There is zero evidence to date he will be a good OL. If Boling is really done or he struggles due to this injury the OL could actually be worse than last year. 

 

And Tobin can whine all he wants, they simply failed to address the OL for years.No useful free agents and horrible drafting. It is the same with the LB position, they have backed themselves in a corner due to bad drafting, useless free agents and bad coaching. 

Cheer up.  We've still got Super Randy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Worse still is Price was horrible last year and all there is there is 'hope' that he is better. There is zero evidence to date he will be a good OL. If Boling is really done or he struggles due to this injury the OL could actually be worse than last year. 

 

And Tobin can whine all he wants, they simply failed to address the OL for years.No useful free agents and horrible drafting. It is the same with the LB position, they have backed themselves in a corner due to bad drafting, useless free agents and bad coaching. 

If there is anything over the years I have learned from your posts: nothing is ever good, let alone better-good (doubt "great"is in your vocabulary). So, judging by a sliding scale of "horrible" to "abysmal-pathetic"...Price actually grades out in real world terms to "average". Which, in actuality, he really was--and not uncommon for first-year players. "Zero evidence" would translate to "there actually is, I just choose to downplay it". Just move each pejorative up 1-2 notches for accuracy. 

 

The second paragraph is a word salad run-about of accusations either in 20-20 hindsight, or pin-the-tail-on-the -donkey artillery shots. 

 

There is cocurrence: the line will need adjustment and additional infusion of bodies not listed as guards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×