RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

As good a place as any to post this cheery little note...

https://sports.yahoo.com/who-are-the-nf-ls-most-tortured-fan-bases-153534347.html

53186030-b45f-11e9-bfee-7da7ae216213  

There’s a whole coterie of also-ran teams that we can’t really put on this list because, well, they haven’t really had much of a taste of sustained success — the Titans, the Cardinals, the Jaguars, and so on. The Bengals don’t get to hide in the weeds with that crew. Their last seven visits to the playoffs have been one-and-done. Their last victory in the postseason came against a team that no longer exists in the same town or by the same name, the Houston Oilers. Fans have tuned out — Cincinnati had the lowest average attendance last year of the 31 teams that don’t play in soccer stadiums — but they deserve better than this orange clown show.

Last year’s Most Tortured rank: 9

Yahoo Sports 2019 preview rank: 28

Fuck Yahoo we are better than 6th!!  What a stupid list, they have the Giants as the most tortured. They have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 12 years. 

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Friday Random Thought of the Day

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for August 02, 2019

Boo!  

I’ll be be heading to Chicago in a couple of hours to help our Cincinnati Half Century Club’s over-60 team defend its title in the 7v7 Days of Glory Soccer Tournament.

48 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Boo!  

I’ll be be heading to Chicago in a couple of hours to help our Cincinnati Half Century Club’s over-60 team defend its title in the 7v7 Days of Glory Soccer Tournament.

Good luck and have a great time.

In a few hours I am going car shopping with my son.  He and gf were having lunch in Northside when an immigrant of questionable citizenship hit his parked car and totaled it.  The driver had OD on heroine, passed out.  Took two hits of NARCAN two revive him.  Had five people and two children in the car.  Only one spoke English.  Supposedly had insurance with The General but who knows.

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Good luck and have a great time.

In a few hours I am going car shopping with my son.  He and gf were having lunch in Northside when an immigrant of questionable citizenship hit his parked car and totaled it.  The driver had OD on heroine, passed out.  Took two hits of NARCAN two revive him.  Had five people and two children in the car.  Only one spoke English.  Supposedly had insurance with The General but who knows.

Jesus, Harry - whatever happened to positive Friday thoughts? :D

On a Bengals related note - for years, I thought that Brian Pillman was a WR. Decided to google for some reason and found out he was DL and wore Geno's number. 

28 minutes ago, Cat said:

Jesus, Harry - whatever happened to positive Friday thoughts? :D

On a Bengals related note - for years, I thought that Brian Pillman was a WR. Decided to google for some reason and found out he was DL and wore Geno's number. 

Norwood High School's finest. (my alma mater)'

was a linebacker and head case even before he became

Fylyin' Brian in pro wrestling.  Early tag team called

The Hollywood Blonds with young Steve Austin long before

he became Stone Cold.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Boo!  

Double boo to Harry. 

Salute to you! Represent we sexagenarians to the utmost of your abilities! Doubt I could do two runs on the pitch before oxygen would be needed.   

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Boo!  

Thats awesome. Haven't played for a few years.  Really need to get back into it.  And everybody knows baseball is the true way to get to sleep quickly. 

On 8/2/2019 at 8:09 AM, Cricket said:

Boo!  

Off topic...

My over-60 team are now Repeat Champions, going undefeated with 4-1, 4-1, 4-3, and 6-1 score lines.  Our over-50 team also came home as tournament champs. 

23 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Off topic...

My over-60 team are now Repeat Champions, going undefeated with 4-1, 4-1, 4-3, and 6-1 score lines.  Our over-50 team also came home as tournament champs. 

Let me guess: you had at least a brace in one of these? 

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Cricket > Fat Randy

Sign him up! 😋

Nope, all of my goals were pretty short.  But our team did have a number of shots that would have been good for three points (way over the goal).

My prayers have finally been answered, we finally have a championship team in Cincy.   It may only be an over 60 club soccer team but gosh darn it that's good enough for me!!  Congrats Cricket. 

15 minutes ago, SF2 said:

My prayers have finally been answered, we finally have a championship team in Cincy.   I may only be an over 60 club soccer team but gosh darn it thats good enough for me!!  Congrats Cricket. 

We have to take our wins where we can around here  :bengalscheer:

Archived