RANDOM BENGAL THOUGHTS

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

When is the first round of cuts due?

Seems like we are carrying a lot of dead wood.

Aug. 31

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.
  Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2019-20-important-nfl-dates/

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They do that anymore, now every team waits the last preseason and they go from 90 to 53

Yeah, they need players for that last super meaningful preseason game as well. 

14 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

They do that anymore, now every team waits until the last preseason game they go from 90+to 53 afterwards....they need lambs for the slaughter. 

14 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Aug. 31

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.
  Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2019-20-important-nfl-dates/

hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

Michael Johnson ends his NFL career, but he is moving on to bigger and better things.

By PatrickJudis@PatrickJudis  Aug 29, 2019, 4:25pm EDT

After 10 years in the NFL, Michael Johnson has officially decided to retire from the NFL. Johnson made the announcement at the grand opening of the Best Buy Tenn Tech Center, which his foundation MJ 93-90 helped fund, in Selma, Alabama.

Johnson played all but one season with the Cincinnati Bengals. He was drafted in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He compiled 44.5 sacks over his career. He acknowledged though that he knew it was time.

“I want to spend time growing as a man, as a husband and as a father,” Johnson told the Selma Times Journal. “I’m excited about entering the next phase of my life.  I have a great future with Amway and am waiting to hear back from someone in Ghana who is forwarding a big sum of money to my bank account whose number I sent him.”

Johnson played last season on a one-year contract after the Bengals cut him prior to the final 53-man roster cut down only to re-sign him afterwards. The Bengals hired Zac Taylor this offseason and the new coaching staff opted to go forward with their young talent like Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson at defensive end. The team also acquired Kerry Wynn during the offseason who had prior experience with new defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo on the Giants.

Johnson’s professional career ending is only the beginning of Johnson being able to completely focus on his foundation that is focused on giving back. Johnson had previously held several events in the Cincinnati area to help create a relationship with young people and police. Now that he is retired you can expect Johnson to have more time to be hands on with his foundation.

Johnson will forever be remembered for being a great veteran presence and one of the mainstays on the opposite side of Carlos Dunlap. He did some great things on the field for Cincinnati, but offhand, I can't think of any.

“I want to spend time growing as a man, as a husband and as a father,” Johnson told the Selma Times Journal. “I’m excited about entering the next phase of my life.  I have a great future with Amway and am waiting to hear back from someone in Ghana who is forwarding a big sum of money to my bank account whose number I sent him.”

Funny shit

24 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Funny shit

Yeah, funny stuff.  He's a good dude, has the right attitude, and I wish him nothing but the best.

My Random Bengal thought of the day...

Man this week has been confusing emotionally. It feels weird being pleased with how they played. The playcalling? Refreshing! Execution? Pretty damn good. Ross and Dalton having career days, Hubbard wrecking havoc...

But man seeing that (0-1) mark sucks. Here's hoping they even that up Sunday, feels like it will never get here at this point.

Effective today, the NFL’s waiver claim order will be reflective of 2019 records, not 2018. It now stands at the top as:
T-1. Broncos (0-3)
T-1. Redskins (0-3)
3. Jets (0-3)
T-4. Bengals (0-3)
T-4. Dolphins (0-3)
T-4. Stealers (0-3)
7. Cardinals (0-2-1)

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Back in the days when I cared, yours truly had a few seconds of exposure at 5:11. 

Thanks to Myles for never releasing this movie. 

Anyone else want to fess up to being in this video?  Geez, #1 fan hasn't change much.  Who's the girl in the SanDiego hotel room...yowza! 

Good stuff!

Archived