Pathetic
Unacceptable
Hilarious
Comedic
Ridiculous
Horrible
etc, etc, etc[/quote]

Keep going....

Oh...and dont forget when you dismissed us in week 1 because..."It was only Cleveland".

That said....dont jump off the bridge just yet....it's a long season.

[quote name='oftt4' post='549857' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:07 PM']Keep going....

Oh...and dont forget when you dismissed us in week 1 because..."It was only Cleveland".

That said....dont jump off the bridge just yet....it's a long season.[/quote]
You haven't beat us yet, so you can't talk shit. I never dismissed the Steelers either, I just don't think they are as good as you guys think. And obviously the Bengals are nowhere near as good as I thought.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='549878' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:12 PM']You haven't beat us yet, so you can't talk shit. I never dismissed the Steelers either, I just don't think they are as good as you guys think. And obviously the Bengals are nowhere near as good as I thought.[/quote]

Not talking shit...just reminding you that you (maybe not you in particular) guys basically dismissed our week one performance because we played the Brownies. I wasnt entirely convinced myself, but the D played another great game against the Bills.

Anyhoo. Like I said. It's a long season.

Long season people, yeah you guys lost to Cleveland which would make me wanna puke but all told it's one loss... no one's goin undefeated this season (except for maybe the Steelers B) ) haha but seriuosly the more important question is how you rebound for this week.
That bein said what a nice defensive showing by both squads :pointlaff:
(alright i had to say somethin it is the trashtalkin forum)

looking at that score I kept thinking it was a misprint.

all I know is 1st place by ourselves feels nice.

I still think you all will have a good year and it will be between Steelers and Bengals when all is said and done.

we lost 51-0 one year to the Browns and made it to the second rnd of the playoffs and to within a bad shotgun snap of going to the AFC Championship so take that as you like....

Would like to see a matchup of Notre Dames offense vs. Bengals defense though :thumbsup:

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='550588' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:00 PM'][b]we lost 51-0 one year to the Browns and made it to the second rnd of the playoffs and to within a bad shotgun snap of going to the AFC Championship so take that as you like....
Would like to see a matchup of Notre Dames offense vs. Bengals defense though :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]

This is true...but let me relive another scenario...

We go 8-8 and miss the playoffs by one game. Looking back at the season, that swing game was to a team that we should have blown out of the water.

Yes, that was last year...we went 8-8....one of those losses was to Oakland.

Let me tell you this...there is almost no feeling worse than looking back at a season and knowing that a loss to one of the worst teams in the league is what kept you from the playoffs.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='550588' date='Sep 16 2007, 11:00 PM']looking at that score I kept thinking it was a misprint.

all I know is 1st place by ourselves feels nice.
[b]I still think you all will have a good year and it will be between Steelers and Bengals when all is said and done.
[/b]
we lost 51-0 one year to the Browns and made it to the second rnd of the playoffs and to within a bad shotgun snap of going to the AFC Championship so take that as you like....
Would like to see a matchup of Notre Dames offense vs. Bengals defense though :thumbsup:[/quote]

Thanks bam,thats nice to hear after the last loss ,especially from a non fan.

[quote name='oftt4' post='551146' date='Sep 18 2007, 07:46 AM']This is true...but let me relive another scenario...

We go 8-8 and miss the playoffs by one game. Looking back at the season, that swing game was to a team that we should have blown out of the water.

Yes, that was last year...we went 8-8....[b]one of those losses was to Oakland.
[/b]
Let me tell you this...there is almost no feeling worse than looking back at a season and knowing that a loss to one of the worst teams in the league is what kept you from the playoffs.[/quote]

That game did cross my mind and after it was over I was just thinking "god i hope this game doesn't come back to bite us in the ass at the end of the year" All I know is this team can't lose any more games to teams they are supposed to beat. They really will need to steal a game from someone they aren't supposed to beat to make up for this loss. Honestly the Bengals must go no worse than 1-1 before the bye week and it won't be easy with games at seattle and home vs. new england. 2-2 at the bye week is a lot better than digging out of a 1-3 hole.

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='551306' date='Sep 18 2007, 11:30 AM']That game did cross my mind and after it was over I was just thinking "god i hope this game doesn't come back to bite us in the ass at the end of the year" All I know is this team can't lose any more games to teams they are supposed to beat. They really will need to steal a game from someone they aren't supposed to beat to make up for this loss. Honestly the Bengals must go no worse than 1-1 before the bye week and it won't be easy with games at seattle and home vs. new england. 2-2 at the bye week is a lot better than digging out of a 1-3 hole.[/quote]

If you guys can contain Alexander, you should beat Seattle...I'm not sold on them. I dont see you guys beating New England.

But who knows?

[quote name='oftt4' post='551456' date='Sep 18 2007, 02:45 PM']If you guys can contain Alexander, you should beat Seattle...I'm not sold on them. I dont see you guys beating New England.

But who knows?[/quote]

x2

but Im not sure I see many teams beating NE.

[quote name='oftt4' post='551456' date='Sep 18 2007, 12:45 PM']If you guys can contain Alexander, you should beat Seattle...I'm not sold on them. I dont see you guys beating New England.

But who knows?[/quote]
I agree with that. I don't think Seattle is all that. Their wideouts aren't scary, their QB has been off since last year and Alexander is about it on their offense.
And there's simply no way that our defense was as bad as it looked against the Browns, or as good as it looked against the Rats.
Our offense should be able to score enough points to beat the Seahawks.
The Pats are scary good right now, in spite of everything.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='550588' date='Sep 17 2007, 12:00 PM']all I know is 1st place by ourselves feels nice.[/quote]

After only week 2 I wouldn't be taking the trailer off of the blocks for that road trip to Arizona just yet.
MULLY

[font="Arial"][size=2]To the Browns and Bengals, to the tune of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's "Ohio."

"Six touchdowns and Johnson's running
Leaping into the end zone
Take cover cause beer is coming
No 'D' in Ohio
Look at [url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5034/;_ylt=As.XoXwr1XjSEA4qDS0_ZBur0op4"]Jamal Lewis[/url]
Running for 216
Thought he was done long ago
See all those prone bodies
Lying there on the ground
Like Anderson was Marino"

[/size][/font]

[quote name='oftt4' post='554300' date='Sep 22 2007, 06:17 PM']C'mon. Smack talk about last year?

You should just hope that Cleveland game doesnt do to you what the Oakland game did to us.

And Oakland didnt drop 51 on us.[/quote]
What difference does it make? You lost a game to a team you shouldn't have, just like us against Cleveland, and it kept you out of the playoffs.
<<Caveat>> I don't think the CLE loss comes back to haunt us like the OAK loss did to you last year.

Archived