2002 Buckeyes

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='554510' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:01 AM']2002 was my first year at OSU when I was a freshman... I obviously loved that team.

With that being said, does anyone else feel this current team is VERY similar? I honestly feel like the two teams are very very close to being exact replicas and we could be in for another memorable season..[/quote]

I've been thinking that for a while now.

I haven't given it that much thought, but the announcers did mention yesterday that Boeckman reminds coaches of Krenzel in as how smart he is. IMO, Boeckman is much better athletically and talent wise.

I got excited when the announcers mentioned that we are only startin TWO seniors this year. That's awesome.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='554527' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:45 AM']I haven't given it that much thought, but the announcers did mention yesterday that Boeckman reminds coaches of Krenzel in as how smart he is. IMO, Boeckman is much better athletically and talent wise.
I got excited when the announcers mentioned that we are only startin TWO seniors this year. That's awesome.[/quote]

True, if all the juniors come back we should be a pre-season Top 2 or 3 next year.

But Gholston, Little Animal, Malcom Jenkins, and Alex Boone could all come out as Juniors.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='554510' date='Sep 23 2007, 10:01 AM']2002 was my first year at OSU when I was a freshman... I obviously loved that team.

With that being said, does anyone else feel this current team is VERY similar? I honestly feel like the two teams are very very close to being exact replicas and we could be in for another memorable season..[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing during last weeks game. We really dont have that hard of a schedule. I could definitly see us going undefeated this year.

Yea I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!!!

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='554510' date='Sep 23 2007, 03:01 PM']2002 was my first year at OSU when I was a freshman... I obviously loved that team.

:o

I have to admit, I've watched some of the games, but haven't gotten too excited yet, because the bigger games haven't come up yet. But if you guys are seeing that kind of talent/chemistry in this year's team, it's time for me to quit slacking and start making sure I see the rest of the games.

Not so fast. Wait until they start winning games by bad calls or just outright luck - then the comparison will be valid. ^_^

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='556395' date='Sep 24 2007, 01:57 AM']Not so fast. Wait until they start winning games by [b]bad calls[/b] or just outright luck - then the comparison will be valid. ^_^[/quote]

I assume you are referring to the supposed bad pass interference call?

Well, that was not a bad call.

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9444/passinterferenceongambllm6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jason' post='556506' date='Sep 24 2007, 09:13 AM']I assume you are referring to the supposed bad pass interference call?

Well, that was not a bad call.

[img]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9444/passinterferenceongambllm6.jpg[/img][/quote]

No - I was actually referring to the numerous calls in the regular season that led to them making it to the championship game (a terrible call in the back of the endzone against Penn State comes to mind immediately, along with shit in their favor nearly every game by the terrible Big 10 refs), as well as plainly lucky things such as the Bearcats placekicker slipping on a loose piece of Paul Brown's shitty turf, with that point coming back to haunt when the ball went through Chatman's hands at the end of the game.

I didn't make up the name "Luckeyes," you know.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='556592' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:13 AM']No - I was actually referring to the numerous calls in the regular season that led to them making it to the championship game (a terrible call in the back of the endzone against Penn State comes to mind immediately, along with shit in their favor nearly every game by the terrible Big 10 refs), as well as plainly lucky things such as the Bearcats placekicker slipping on a loose piece of Paul Brown's shitty turf, with that point coming back to haunt when the ball went through Chatman's hands at the end of the game.

I didn't make up the name "Luckeyes," you know.[/quote]

[img]http://abowlofstupid.com/wp-content/2007/04/hateraid.jpg[/img]

[img]http://png.freeweblayouts.net/glitter/d1/t15/dudegraphic106.gif[/img]

Archived