!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM- BENGALS @ SEACHICKENS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555810' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:21 AM']Anyone who doesn't think we would be undefeated going into the NE game if we had Henry, Jeanty, Brooks, [b]Irons, Perry[/b] and Kilmer healthy is crazy.[/quote]

This man speaks the truth. Jesus if we had Odell (I know I know), Pollock(ack?) and the aforementioned players we'd be rocking and fucking rolling. That's not even mentioning the players who are playing through the pain right now. Our O line is banged to fuck.

VB

[quote name='VonBlade' post='555885' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:38 PM']This man speaks the truth. Jesus if we had Odell (I know I know), Pollock(ack?) and the aforementioned players we'd be rocking and fucking rolling. That's not even mentioning the players who are playing through the pain right now. Our O line is banged to fuck.

VB[/quote]
yea well, if we were NEW ENGLAND fans life would be a bed a roses too. But we aint and we're 1-2 and Pissburg is 3-0.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555842' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:29 PM']WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Write it down.[/quote]

Wow...only the bengals can find different ways to lose each and every week.

1. Blown snap on XP
2. Missed 39 yard FG then give up easy TD in OT
3. Give up 51 pts. to the Browns
4. Take lead, Defense gives it right back (blown coverage) and then fumble the ensuing kickoff when Carson would have had 1:00 and 3 timeouts.

And these are only the most recent ones I can think of.

And NO we won't be in the playoffs, we are too fucking stupid, injured, look lost, dropping balls, and for that matter we got BAL and PIT ahead of us.

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='555862' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:33 AM']Write it down...this team hasn't played a complete game on both sides of the ball since last October!! O plays great D sucks...D makes a stand offense cant move the ball...SPecial Teams has sucked since Week One![/quote]

Well, I would argue differently, and you don't have to go any further than today's game to see it.

O and D both played well. No, the run game didn't do shit, but Carson had a good game (not great) against a good D in a road game in a tough stadium. The O held up their end.

The D held their own today, imo. At least until those last 2 plays. They made key stops, created turnovers, and kept us in the game. A huge step from last week, and a good sign from a squad of guys who are banged up, and new to the team.

Today's game is totally on the special teams, imo. Injuries play a huge role in that, as Tab Perry, Jeanty, Kilmer, Miller, and Brooks have key roles to play. With our team's track record in recent years on teams, I see no reason at all not to expect a big turnaround when we get some of those key guys back on the field. Shit, even Chris Perry used to return kicks, if my memory serves...
[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='555863' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:33 AM']Wow, I wish I had your confidence man.[/quote]

It's a long season. And there are plenty of reasons to expect improvement as the season progresses, not the least of which is the fact that our schedule gets easier as our players are expected to be getting healthier. Fielding a better team against weaker competition = a big batch of wins leading us into the playoffs with confidence.

[quote name='ncBengal' post='555901' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:42 AM']yea well, if we were NEW ENGLAND fans life would be a bed a roses too. But we aint and we're 1-2 and Pissburg is 3-0.[/quote]

Oh shut the fuck up. If we were New England fans life would suck because we'd be New England fans. I don't give two flying fucks what the Stealers are doing, all I care about are the Bengals.

New England fans indeed. FFS.

im sick of the if we had this player bull shit

get the fuck over it u assholes

we dont have pollack, odell, henry

we suck ass

thats the truth.

im gonna bet my fucking paycheck next week we lose 100-2

that way the bengals can atleast pay me back the $ they owe me for the pathetic excuse of a football team that they put on the field.

fuck

im gonna turn into a fucking colts fan.

my blood pressure cant take this shit.

i feel better.............

no really I dont........................ <_<

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555810' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:21 PM']Glad to know I'm not the only one who is actually watching the games. Maybe some of these boys can't see through their own tears, since they start crying after any play that doesn't go perfectly.

This team is so close to being 3-0, it's silly. And we've got a TON of players due to come back from injury or suspension shortly. Anyone who doesn't think we would be undefeated going into the NE game if we had Henry, Jeanty, Brooks, and Kilmer healthy is crazy.

The sky is not falling. Our season is not over. We will be in the playoffs.[/quote]

We sound like Roy Williams of the Lions last season.

:(

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555908' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:44 PM']Well, I would argue differently, and you don't have to go any further than today's game to see it.

O and D both played well. No, the run game didn't do shit, but Carson had a good game (not great) against a good D in a road game in a tough stadium. The O held up their end.

The D held their own today, imo. At least until those last 2 plays. They made key stops, created turnovers, and kept us in the game. A huge step from last week, and a good sign from a squad of guys who are banged up, and new to the team.

Today's game is totally on the special teams, imo. Injuries play a huge role in that, as Tab Perry, Jeanty, Kilmer, Miller, and Brooks have key roles to play. With our team's track record in recent years on teams, I see no reason at all not to expect a big turnaround when we get some of those key guys back on the field. Shit, even Chris Perry used to return kicks, if my memory serves...
It's a long season. And there are plenty of reasons to expect improvement as the season progresses, not the least of which is the fact that our schedule gets easier as our players are expected to be getting healthier. Fielding a better team against weaker competition = a big batch of wins leading us into the playoffs with confidence.[/quote]

and I would agree the opposite....

Today our D gets a TO and the Offense cant capitilize....Then we get the lead with less the four minutes and our D cant get a stop! We can't say with confidence this a playoff team until both sides can take advantage of turnovers and key plays in crunch time...

I will agree that Special Teams is vomit in a Bengals Jersey and cost us big time this season!

[quote name='rudi32' post='555912' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:44 PM']im sick of the if we had this player bull shit

get the fuck over it u assholes
we dont have pollack, odell, henry
we suck ass

thats the truth.

im gonna bet my fucking paycheck next week we lose 100-2

that way the bengals can atleast pay me back the $ they owe me for the pathetic excuse of a football team that they put on the field.
fuck
im gonna turn into a fucking colts fan.

my blood pressure cant take this shit.
i feel better.............
no really I dont........................ <_<[/quote]

This was a tough loss. But this was not a bad loss. Yes, all 3 phases of the game contributed to the loss (Teams more than the rest in this case). But Seattle is a VERY good home team. And the Refs did everything they could to screw us.

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='555928' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:50 AM']and I would agree the opposite....

Today our D gets a TO and the Offense cant capitilize....Then we get the lead with less the four minutes and our D cant get a stop! We can't say with confidence this a playoff team until both sides can take advantage of turnovers and key plays in crunch time...

I will agree that Special Teams is vomit in a Bengals Jersey and cost us big time this season![/quote]
Don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled with the play on O or D today. But if the special teams are playing to their usual level of excellence, this game is in the win column. But, the O and D held up their end of the bargain, imo.

[quote name='Jason' post='555940' date='Sep 24 2007, 12:54 AM'][b]This was a tough loss. But this was not a bad loss. [/b]Yes, all 3 phases of the game contributed to the loss (Teams more than the rest in this case). But Seattle is a VERY good home team. And the Refs did everything they could to screw us.[/quote]
I am happy to see you agree about this, cause damn you took last week's loss hard. (as did I, believe me)

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555927' date='Sep 23 2007, 06:49 PM']Sorry, I don't get the reference here. Since I've moved overseas, I really don't follow any other teams or watch any other games but the Bengals...[/quote]

They lost a game like 42-10. He said "it's stupid how close we came to putting up 56 points on the board" or something like that.

A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter how we got it. We look awful. I have shrinking confidence in Marvin figuring out a way to fix it.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555810' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:21 PM']Glad to know I'm not the only one who is actually watching the games. Maybe some of these boys can't see through their own tears, since they start crying after any play that doesn't go perfectly.

This team is so close to being 3-0, it's silly. And we've got a TON of players due to come back from injury or suspension shortly. Anyone who doesn't think we would be undefeated going into the NE game if we had Henry, Jeanty, Brooks, and Kilmer healthy is crazy.

The sky is not falling. Our season is not over. We will be in the playoffs.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='555842' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:29 PM']WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Write it down.[/quote]

:bowdown:

Archived