THE PATRIOTS WALK OVER BENGALS

twisted

this headline will be in the tuesday morning newspaper...we all no that the bengals have done pretty good the past few years just because mike brown had loosened the reigns, but you know what, he is still the owner and can fuck it up just as quickly...not only that, the bengals are not a play off caliber team...they suck now, they sucked then, and they always will suck....GO BROWNS..!!!!! ARF ARF

[quote name='twisted' post='559715' date='Sep 30 2007, 05:51 PM']this headline will be in the tuesday morning newspaper...we all [b]k[/b]no[b]w[/b] that the bengals have done pretty [s]good[/s] well the past few years [s]just[/s] simply because mike brown had loosened the reigns, but you know what, he is still the owner and can fuck it up just as quickly [b](as what?)[/b]...not only that, the bengals are not a [s]play off[/s] playoff caliber team...they suck now, they sucked then, and they always will suck....GO BROWNS..!!!!! ARF ARF[/quote]

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jrod9927/18353431141751d1ebb86a.jpg[/img]

[quote name='sneaky' post='560056' date='Oct 1 2007, 07:43 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]The funny thing is, the Patriots have to play the Browns the following week. So if the Pats walk on us,
they most definately will take a dump on the Browns.[/b][/color][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='sneaky' post='560056' date='Oct 1 2007, 07:43 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]The funny thing is, the Patriots have to play the Browns the following week. So if the Pats walk on us,
they most definately will take a dump on the Browns.[/b][/color][/quote]

Actually, as strange as it sounds...the Browns look better than the Bengals so far...

I expect that to change, but so far....the Brownies are in 2nd place in the North. (Jesus that sounds wierd)

[quote name='oftt4' post='560345' date='Oct 1 2007, 03:34 PM']Actually, as strange as it sounds...the Browns look better than the Bengals so far...

I expect that to change, but so far....the Brownies are in 2nd place in the North. (Jesus that sounds wierd)[/quote]

yeah, they do. Last night was embarrassing to say the least. This has to be the biggest low point in the ML era in Cincy by far. I can only hope that last night's tirade will inspire this team. The bye week couldn't come at a better time so hopefully we'll get some of our players back from injuries.

How bout the browns clobbering the Ravens over the weekend? I didn't see that one coming.

[quote name='Naptown Bengal' post='562016' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:29 AM']yeah, they do. Last night was embarrassing to say the least. This has to be the biggest low point in the ML era in Cincy by far. I can only hope that last night's tirade will inspire this team. The bye week couldn't come at a better time so hopefully we'll get some of our players back from injuries.

How bout the browns clobbering the Ravens over the weekend? I didn't see that one coming.[/quote]

I didnt either. The Browns are surprising people, me included, but they will fall back down to earth soon...like on Sunday.

[quote name='oftt4' post='563193' date='Oct 3 2007, 01:30 PM']I didnt either. The Browns are surprising people, me included, but they will fall back down to earth soon...like on Sunday.[/quote]
You hope, anyway.
They actually have some good players. I think our fanbase in particular got too comfortable throwing them into what was suppposed to be our former red-headed stepchild role, the bottom-feeders, etc.
Well, wake up AFC North, all of us are beatable!
Cincy=bad losses to SEA, CLE
Pitt=bad loss to AZ
Clowns=bad loss to Pitt (and someone else, can't remember)
BAL=bad losses to CIN and CLE...
This division is all it's cracked up to be!
Competitive!

Let's all talk around week 13-14 when all the North teams have played the the quality of teams the Bengals have. I'm not saying that the Bengals are definitively playoff bound but it is a marathon and not a sprint.

What is the cumulative records of each North teams' opponents? I'll bet money the Bengal's opponents records are cumulatively better, by far.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='563876' date='Oct 4 2007, 10:58 PM']Let's all talk around week 13-14 when all the North teams have played the the quality of teams the Bengals have. I'm not saying that the Bengals are definitively playoff bound but it is a marathon and not a sprint.

What is the cumulative records of each North teams' opponents? I'll bet money the Bengal's opponents records are cumulatively better, by far.[/quote]

You have played:
Baltimore 2-2
Cleveland 2-2
Seattle 3-1
New England 4-0

We have played:
Cleveland 2-2
Buffalo 1-3
San Fran 2-2
Arizona 2-2

The only oppponent we have both played is Cleveland, and we know how that turned out. We play Seattle Sunday, so that will be another point to compare.

Basically, we played a weak Buffalo team where you played a strong NE team, that is pretty much the only difference in our schedules so far.

[quote name='oftt4' post='564401' date='Oct 6 2007, 06:30 AM']You have played:
Baltimore 2-2
Cleveland 2-2
Seattle 3-1
New England 4-0

We have played:
Cleveland 2-2
Buffalo 1-3
San Fran 2-2
Arizona 2-2

The only oppponent we have both played is Cleveland, and we know how that turned out. We play Seattle Sunday, so that will be another point to compare.

Basically, we played a weak Buffalo team where you played a strong NE team, that is pretty much the only difference in our schedules so far.[/quote]
Are you guys bringing in your own officiating crew for the Seattle game?
:ninja:

[quote name='oftt4' post='564401' date='Oct 6 2007, 08:30 AM']You have played:
Baltimore 2-2
Cleveland 2-2
Seattle 3-1
New England 4-0

We have played:
Cleveland 2-2
Buffalo 1-3
San Fran 2-2
Arizona 2-2

Basically, we played a weak Buffalo team where you played a strong NE team, that is pretty much the only difference in our schedules so far.[/quote]

Almost true. The other difference being you played Charile frye, where we played Derrick Anderson.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='564503' date='Oct 6 2007, 05:09 PM']Almost true. The other difference being you played Charile frye, where we played Derrick Anderson.[/quote]

Revisionist history. We played Frye for about 1 quarter....and Derek Anderson didnt do any better (46% comp, INT, sack, etc). Nice try though.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564409' date='Oct 6 2007, 09:25 AM']Are you guys bringing in your own officiating crew for the Seattle game?
:ninja:[/quote]

I would have to say that 90% of the calls today went against us, and we still dropped a beating on the Seachickens.

[quote name='oftt4' post='564716' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:10 PM']I would have to say that 90% of the calls today went against us, and we still dropped a beating on the Seachickens.[/quote]

Not only that, but today's game is an example of how you win with multiple injuries.... a solid gameplan (especially defensively, as the Seahawks couldn't do anything) and depth as well

Cant comment on the game, didnt see it, had a paper to get done for school. I imagine your oline played alot better than they did against AZ.

Also there is a bit of a difference between multipule injuries and fielding 1 to 2 LBs because all the rest are injured.

Nice beatdown by the Steelers today. The Chargers have awakened, too. The Colts and the Pats just look like they are in their own league.
God the NFC sucks, although the Redskins look pretty good right now with that unbelievably good oline they have up there.
Packers seem like a house of cards to me right now, but i guess with Fah-vre you never know.
Meanwhile, down in the AFC N basement, the surroundings here are oddly familiar....

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='564827' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:57 PM']Also there is a bit of a difference between multipule injuries and fielding 1 to 2 LBs because all the rest are injured.[/quote]
No doubt. But there is something to be said when you win a game against a pretty good team, without either of your starting receivers, your best defensive player, and your top run stuffer.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564831' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:02 PM']Nice beatdown by the Steelers today. The Chargers have awakened, too. The Colts and the Pats just look like they are in their own league.
God the NFC sucks, although the Redskins look pretty good right now with that unbelievably good oline they have up there.
Packers seem like a house of cards to me right now, but i guess with Fah-vre you never know.
Meanwhile, down in the AFC N basement, the surroundings here are oddly familiar....[/quote]

The Colts and Pats are definately on their own level right now, but they can be beaten with a good game. The NFC blows, i agree. You guys will be ite Bung, plenty of season left to turn it around. Soon as you get some players back, I look for you to start moving up.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='564865' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:49 PM']No doubt. But there is something to be said when you win a game against a pretty good team, without either of your starting receivers, your best defensive player, and your top run stuffer.[/quote]

No doubt, and I didnt get to see it due to have to work on a paper, so I guess you missed my question, did the oline play better than they did against AZ, was Miller more involed in the passing game, or was it a "willie parker day"?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='564869' date='Oct 7 2007, 05:54 PM']No doubt, and I didnt get to see it due to have to work on a paper, so I guess you missed my question, did the oline play better than they did against AZ, was Miller more involed in the passing game, or was it a "willie parker day"?[/quote]
MIller played well. Something like 60 yds and a TD.
Davenport stole the other 2 TD's from Parker. If I owned Parker in a FF league, I'd be pissed. I think Parker had over 100yds though.
I know that the sportscasters were schlobbing on Ben's knob over 13 straight completions (2 shy of the franchise record!!)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='564827' date='Oct 7 2007, 06:57 PM']Cant comment on the game, didnt see it, had a paper to get done for school. I imagine your oline played alot better than they did against AZ.

Also there is a bit of a difference between multipule injuries and fielding 1 to 2 LBs because all the rest are injured.[/quote]

Oline played like dog shit. It may not show it in the stat line, but Ben basically won this game by himself. He kept a 10 minute (game clinching) drive going while dodging sacks, playing through several penalties, etc...without his top 2 receivers, and a running game that just didnt get going until the end of the game.

He played very well.

[quote name='oftt4' post='565136' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:52 AM']Oline played like dog shit. It may not show it in the stat line, but Ben basically won this game by himself. He kept a 10 minute (game clinching) drive going while dodging sacks, playing through several penalties, etc...without his top 2 receivers, and a running game that just didnt get going until the end of the game.

He played very well.[/quote]

Ill give him his credit, he is good at scrambling (so was Jake Plummer :P ). If he wasnt, you'd be in a world of hurt. With the way your oline has played this year, I can only imagine the nervousness you guys feel knowing that if just one player gets to Ben because he wasnt able to scramble that Batch who isnt as mobile would have to come in and play behind that same oline.

Bold (well more like easy) prediction ... your 1st round pick will be Oline, and ours will be a LB. :P

Archived