!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM BELICHEATS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD, TIME TO SHOW OUR METTLE !!!

[quote name='Jeb' post='561454' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:40 PM']Sure it does. Everything changes with new personnel. Please think about it.

Duke Nukem has to backup the LB's. Everything switches around.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I refuse to believe that the talent on this squad justifies the 30+ points on defense allowed every week.

Regaurdless of the injuries, there are too many high draft picks, too many steady FAs to give up that
many points on a consistant basis.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='561466' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:42 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Wait hold up. Time out for a second.

Lets not pretend the Bengals defense was good or even average when everyone was healthy.

Injuries hurt, no doubt but when you combine that with shitty schemes and gameplans.

The most telling soundbite of the evening was what J.Smith said....not a lot of faith in the coaching.[/b][/color][/quote]

I understand and can sympathize with what you are saying, ...any other night, ...not tonight! Playing with 2 "real" LB's is a big deal. Now is not the time to talk about Bres. Another time maybe but these guys did the best they could with what they had.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='561455' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:40 PM']I am NOT claiming a flawless performance by the D. But if you want to hang this on them before the O, I think you are misplacing your anger. Sorry.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I disagree my friend. Believe it or not there will be many times where the offense wont score 30 points a game.

There comes a time when a team has to win a 13-10 game. This will not happen for the Bengals anytime soon.[/b][/color]

[quote name='rudi32' post='561462' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:41 AM']well one good thing

I got a little mad, but I have put some perspective on the game.

gone are the days i get upset when we lose. yea, im disappointed, but i have developed a nice ...'oh well its just football '....mentality

So ...we go from here[/quote]

I won't go that far. I'm pissed. But for the record, not at you or any other posters. I expected to win this game.

[quote name='WorldClass' post='561468' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:43 AM']Any update on TJ limping off the field on that last Pats pick? That would just be the icing on the cake of this disaster. It's bad enough to lose, but to lose 2 more LBs, a lineman and our 1A receiver is a killer. Of course the MNF guys were going off on Brady's magazine covers. Hey, it pulls in the casual fan![/quote]

FUCK. Are you going to tell me TJ is hurt, too.

:russian:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='561501' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:48 PM']I won't go that far. I'm pissed. But for the record, not at you or any other posters. I expected to win this game.
FUCK. Are you going to tell me TJ is hurt, too.

:russian:[/quote]

So was Fanene.

[quote name='sneaky' post='561495' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:48 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I disagree my friend. Believe it or not there will be many times where the offense wont score 30 points a game.

There comes a time when a team has to win a 13-10 game. This will not happen for the Bengals anytime soon.[/b][/color][/quote]
You are smoking crack.

Our D, with only 2 LBs on the roster, both with less than 3 weeks experience, did a better job against the Patsies than any team has done all year. They fought hard as could possibly be expected, and Bres actually mixed up the playcalling a bit.

This game is not even remotely on the D.

The O fucked the goat. The oline sucked ass. And Chad fucked the goat too, on several key occasions.

This was not the A game we needed to win, that is for certain. But if you don't think the blame falls more onto the O, then I have to wonder what game you were watching.

I agree - this one is on the Offense. The Pats rushed only four the majority of the night, sagging their LBs into coverage underneath to cover TJ and slid the safety over to double Chad. Even with this, Palmer was rushed frequently all night. The running game (again) failed to open up any consistent holes. Yeah, Kenny had a couple nice runs, but nothing that I would call a consistent run game. As mentioned prior, drops by Chad and Chatman, missed blocks on the line, false starts (again), couple overthrows by Palmer. Not a good performance all around.

Our D has won our only game for us this year. Yeah, they lost the Cleveland one clearly too, but I would not say our offense is tremendously better than our D right now. They are both playing like 1 and 3 teams. Also, relying on the pass so often is going to get 84 and 85 killed. They are getting teed off on multiple times per game. I don't like those odds.

Good news is we have time to rest up and come back against some crap teams. Season is not over yet, but for those of you thinking Super Bowl - it aint happening with this team. We were completely outclassed tonight.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='561518' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:52 PM']You are smoking crack.

Our D, with only 2 LBs on the roster, both with less than 3 weeks experience, did a better job against the Patsies than any team has done all year. They fought hard as could possibly be expected, and Bres actually mixed up the playcalling a bit.

This game is not even remotely on the D.

The O fucked the goat. The oline sucked ass. And Chad fucked the goat too, on several key occasions.

This was not the A game we needed to win, that is for certain. But if you don't think the blame falls more onto the O, then I have to wonder what game you were watching.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I was watching the game where the Pats ran on will and threw at will and the Bengals were down 10 points and had to play catch up by the middle of the first quarter......which made them one dimensional.[/b][/color]

[quote name='WorldClass' post='561546' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:59 PM']Not a good performance all around.

Our D has won our only game for us this year. Yeah, they lost the Cleveland one clearly too, but I would not say our offense is tremendously better than our D right now. They are both playing like 1 and 3 teams.[/quote]

Truth here.

[color="#FF0000"][b]This is insanity.....

Its the offense' fault for not scoring 30 on the best defense in the league, but you cant blame
a defense that has given up 20, 51, 24 and now 34 in the first four weeks.[/b][/color]

:lol:

[quote name='sneaky' post='561549' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:59 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I was watching the game where the Pats ran on will and threw at will and the Bengals were down 10 points and had to play catch up by the middle of the first quarter......which made them one dimensional.[/b][/color][/quote]
Maybe I'm just nust, or delirious. It is 5am here. But I thought the D held their own for most of the game. The O underachieved and did shit to keep the score close.

Let's just hope some guys get healthy during the bye.

[quote name='sneaky' post='561561' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:02 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]This is insanity.....

Its the offense' fault for not scoring 30 on the best defense in the league, but you cant blame
a defense that has given up 20, 51, 24 and now 34 in the first four weeks.[/b][/color]

:lol:[/quote]

I agree our D can be kind of sorry, but the O has to stay on the field once in a while. Not score a quick TD or punt after 3 to 6 plays. New England had the ball for 37 1/2 minutes to our 22 1/2. Blame the D all you want, but if New England's D was on the field that much, they'd look like shit too.

The D had no chance really. But they did mess up. Madieu whiffed on at least 4 tackles. I stopped watching the PVR of the game again, cos I just got pissed. And there are some real issues with the scheme. going dime and nickel and keeping the DBs back, was just playing into the Pats' hands. no run blitzing? Sammy Morris with a head of steam is going to run over our DB's 9 times out of 10.

The O didn't play well either. Levi is no where near his best. we need a 3rd receiver so badly.

there are no moral victories from this game. we saw a more talented, better coached team put a spanking on us.

[quote name='sneaky' post='561561' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:02 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]This is insanity.....

:lol:[/quote]

Well, the D is bad regardless. They are just getting a mini-pass because they did overachieve, which is still pretty bad anyway. I think they just showed a little more heart all in all. Both sides of the ball sucked though.

And, the Pats D has gone against some shitty offenses, and ours played like one yet again.

I think its time we all drop the "Amazing Offense" moniker. At least until they start performing like one. Yeah, missing Henry/Perry/Irons sucks fucking balls, but with Carson, Chad, TJ, and somewhat competent complimentary players, our Offense should still be still top 10. Instead, they seem to accept that they are missing a few people, and lay down like sheep awaiting slaughter. From the coaches on down, this team needs to man the fuck up. Every single person.

sneaky - nobody is hanging this game on their fridge at home, thats for sure. But if I had to say who underachieved MORE this game, I would consider the following...

Injuries to the D - huge
Injuries to the O - a factor
0-7 on 3rd down - garbage, just garbage
8 penalties - 2 false starts, offensive holding, illegal formation - garbage by O
D did have the weak call late hit on Brady and the 12 men on the field - garbage again
WR Drops - 2 huge ones
Mistimed routes
Couple overthrows
Constant pressure on Palmer
Constant pressure on Brady - couldn't sack him, just Justin's fumble/batted pass

OK, I'm stopping now, this is depressing. I'll repeat what I said earlier, the O underachieved most, but all parts of our team played like a 1-3 squad tonight.

Whatever...

[quote name='ccartman2' post='561576' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:07 AM']I agree our D can be kind of sorry, but the O has to stay on the field once in a while. Not score a quick TD or punt after 3 to 6 plays. New England had the ball for 37 1/2 minutes to our 22 1/2. Blame the D all you want, but if New England's D was on the field that much, they'd look like shit too.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]But thats the problem my friend, the D can't get off the field.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='561595' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:12 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]But thats the problem my friend, the D can't get off the field.[/b][/color][/quote]

Well, maybe we can hang it on Brat, because the D played pretty well the first 2 series. As banged up as they are, they needed as much rest as possible. We tried to run and got 1 first down on the first three series. Hell, the O accounted for a grand total of 6 points, because the touchdown came off a turnover where the O only had to go 30 yards. The D kept them in the game. The O pissed it away with 1 minute left in the half.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='561638' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:27 AM']And the O couldn't stay on it. ;)[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]The O was down by 10 on their third possession.....and trailed by 14 most of the game. At that point
it would have been counter productive to go on long time consuming drives when down by double digits.

The O did not do a great job dont get me wrong, but everytime the O scored the D allowed the Pats
to answer it.[/b][/color]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='561564' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:03 PM']Maybe I'm just nust, or delirious. It is 5am here. But I thought the D held their own for most of the game. The O underachieved and did shit to keep the score close.

Let's just hope some guys get healthy during the bye.[/quote]

Yup. The offense could have made this a real game but sputtered at key moments.

Archived