If I find out who created this site, I`ll slap them to sleep and dare them to snore !

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562750' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:52 PM']The two above posts make a great case for selective breeding programs.[/quote]

OUT-Fucking-Standing!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jason' post='562786' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:35 PM']That's one more than this team has in 40 years.[/quote]

Thanks for the history lesson.

The Bengals have won as many as alot of teams.
And have been to more than some teams that
have a longer history.

Anyway, call me old fashioned, but I`d rather win
one with integrity, than to win one the way
Cowher and the Stealers did.

I don't like Bill Cowher much, I don't think many of us do, for good reason.
He is/was a great coach, though, I don't think you can argue against his record.
That said, I wouldn't want him here eveif Marvin gets canned (which is the real purpose of this whole thread and it's speculation), there's just too much bad blood there. The fans wouldn't accept him.

[quote name='Goodfella' post='562795' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:40 PM']Post that on a Browns, Bengals, or Ravens board and people will pat you on the ass all day long. Anywhere else on this planet and they'd think you were a crackpot.[/quote]

yet you can't disprove it?

Belicheck, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Mike Shanahan, Dick Vermeil, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren, and Tony Dungy are all coaches that have coached in the last 15 years that have had as much success as Cowher in their career, most have had much more.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562803' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:51 PM']yet you can't disprove it?
Belicheck, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, Mike Shanahan, Dick Vermeil, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren, and Tony Dungy are all coaches that have coached in the last 15 years that have had as much success as Cowher in their career, most have had much more.[/quote]

What about Jerry Glanville? I could see an Elvis-1 license plate riding around town. :lol:

[quote name='Captain Awesome' post='562777' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:26 PM']The only "chin" that I would welcome to Cincy would be Jay Leno.

Fair weather fans never cease to amaze me.[/quote]

How does that make you a fair weather fan if you think Cowher would be a good pickup for this team? that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm not ready to get rid of Marvin just yet, im just saying if they continue to play like this, i think Cowher would be a good replacement, and i've loved this team my whole life, it's just a difference of opinion, and has nothing to do with being a "fair weather" fan.

[quote name='mroby85' post='562810' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:57 PM']How does that make you a fair weather fan if you think Cowher would be a good pickup for this team? that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm not ready to get rid of Marvin just yet, im just saying if they continue to play like this, i think Cowher would be a good replacement, and i've loved this team my whole life, it's just a difference of opinion, and has nothing to do with being a "fair weather" fan.[/quote]

Because he isnt, it doesnt make you fairweather, but it does mean you dont know much about Cowher.

He's a run first type of coach, Ben complained about not being allowed to "open up" the offense. You think Cowher is gonna come here with a top 3 qb and top WRs and change is ways to be a pass team first? Not gonna happen, thats why its not a good fit.

[quote name='Goodfella' post='562790' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:37 PM']You're reaching ... on your tippie toes reaching with crazy talk like that. His record speaks for itself, to try and diminish it is futile.[/quote]

Reaching ?

Ummmm, he won Super Bowl in 15 years, and it was tainted.
Do you really want me to do a search and post all the articles
that published about the crappiest called game in the history
of history ?

Not to mention a lot of people question if they would have
even made it out of Cincinnati if it wasn`t for Kimo Von Kneecapper . . .

Cowher choked in every big game except a questionable one. Period.

[quote]You have a good point about what great coaches have done after leaving the organization where they made their name, but that wouldn't be a good enough reason to pass on Cowher were he really available to the Bengals.[/quote]

I can`t think of any reason.

I`m sure fans that don`t know shit from shinola can think up a few though . . .

[center][size=3][quote name='mroby85' post='562741' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:45 PM']i seriously would welcome cowher as the head coach[/quote]
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/BatCountry/gauge.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengals Fan #9' post='562743' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:47 PM']I would take Cower in a second![/quote]

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562766' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:19 PM']Cowher would shape this pansy ass team up fast[/quote]

[quote name='Goodfella' post='562769' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:21 PM']land one of the best head coaches of all-time[/quote][/size]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/BatCountry/seizure.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='562818' date='Oct 3 2007, 09:33 AM']Do you really want me to do a search and post all the articles
that published about the crappiest called game in the history
of history ?[/quote]

You could do that, but his record would still be outstanding and Cowher, Jen, and Fatfuck would all still have Super Bowl rings.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='562825' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:15 PM'][center][size=3]

[/size]

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/BatCountry/seizure.gif[/img][/center][/quote]

:wacko: That last one was painful. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Cowher finished with something like a .630 winning percentage. Where do you suppose that puts him in the last 15-years in terms of winning pct.? I'm guessing top 3. Something like 140 wins and 20 playoff games ... hmmm, I'm trying to see your POV here guys, but I gotta go with my instincts here - I think he might be a good head coach after all.

Definitely a good coach. 12 wining seasons out of 15...149-90-1 in his regular season record (12-9 in the playoffs) is nothing to be scoffed at. Two SB appearances and 1 win. If Marvin can pull that record off, we'd all take it. The Chin also did it with a team that consistently refused to blow the cap, let stars walk and drafted / coached young talent to take their places. So good coaching abilities there again.

I very much doubt he would come here out of respect to the Rooney's and let's be honest, after he pulled that "We-Dey" shit, there is a better chance of Dan Wilkinson coming back to be mayor of Cincy, then Cowher coaching this team.

but his coaching credentials are impressive. you can't dispute that.

If ever Marvin did leave. Once coach I would like to pursue would be Jeff Fisher. Again an unlikely scenario. He'd never leave the Titans, but he's done well. He always has his teams playing hard. Especially those years when the franchise had no fixed home, no home advantage, and he still had them 8-8 every year. Good at coaching young talent, and if anything his record was probably hurt by the drastic cap cutting and replacement with rookies they had to do after their old GM Jeff Diamond went ape shit.

But on their MNF appearance a few weeks ago, they had a crazy stat. Jeff Fisher is 40-2 when his team leads at halftime. That's damn impressive when you consider his years when the team was between Houston and Tennessee and all the years he's had really young squads. And shows his game management skills.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562843' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:38 AM']you guys didnt know cowher had magical powers that made plsyers not get injured or suspended? DUHHHHHH[/quote]

What was the excuse for the collapse at the end of last season with the playoffs on the line? Did you see Cowher use his magical powers to put Marvin's Mighty Men out of their misery at PBS last year? Pure magic ... a real magician. Granted Marvin had some magic of his own, making their playoff chances disappear 4-weeks in a row.

[quote name='Goodfella' post='562849' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:24 AM']What was the excuse for the collapse at the end of last season with the playoffs on the line? Did you see Cowher use his magical powers to put Marvin's Mighty Men out of their misery at PBS last year? Pure magic ... a real magician. Granted Marvin had some magic of his own, making their playoff chances disappear 4-weeks in a row.[/quote]

tory james?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562843' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:08 AM']you guys didnt know cowher had magical powers that made plsyers not get injured or suspended? DUHHHHHH[/quote]

Yup absolutely. In fact every other coach has this power. Cowher in 15 years never had any players injured. 1st rounder Troy Edwards bouncing out of the league because he was a headcase is just a conspiracy and 2nd round pick Alonzo Jackson being hurt and cut was also the work of the Debil.

Bro, I'm not calling for Marvin's head or anything. hell I'd give him at least this season and then the next. but this whole ML walks on water is just really confusing and really homeristic. We knew the risks when we drafted Thurman/Henry/Nicholson etc. We got burnt. Other teams don't take those chances and they don't get those arrests. And it's not like this is just this season. We've been bitching about it for years now. But the old yeah we got injuries, line is getting tired. People need to stay in their gaps, do your job. Well we had the offseason to do it, and we did nothing. The picks have been pretty low when we've taken defensive players, but they haven't been great either if you look at it. Askew. Ratliff. Thurman. Caleb Miller. Greg Brooks. Matt Toenina. Man I hate the Steelers but their record of developing good defensive players from late in the draft and as free agents wipes the floor with us.

I'm not giving up on the season at all. but to dismiss the talk of those who are pissed as it's all down to injuries/ suspensions is a real homer take on things.

Good thing is even if the season is a good one we should be in a great cap situation next season. if we can't make a serious push on D in the 6th year of a coach being here. Then something is seriously wrong.

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='562851' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:30 AM']Yup absolutely. In fact every other coach has this power. Cowher in 15 years never had any players injured. 1st rounder Troy Edwards bouncing out of the league because he was a headcase is just a conspiracy and 2nd round pick Alonzo Jackson being hurt and cut was also the work of the Debil.

Bro, I'm not calling for Marvin's head or anything. hell I'd give him at least this season and then the next. but this whole ML walks on water is just really confusing and really homeristic. We knew the risks when we drafted Thurman/Henry/Nicholson etc. We got burnt. Other teams don't take those chances and they don't get those arrests. And it's not like this is just this season. We've been bitching about it for years now. But the old yeah we got injuries, line is getting tired. People need to stay in their gaps, do your job. Well we had the offseason to do it, and we did nothing. The picks have been pretty low when we've taken defensive players, but they haven't been great either if you look at it. Askew. Ratliff. Thurman. Caleb Miller. Greg Brooks. Matt Toenina. Man I hate the Steelers but their record of developing good defensive players from late in the draft and as free agents wipes the floor with us.

I'm not giving up on the season at all. but to dismiss the talk of those who are pissed as it's all down to injuries/ suspensions is a real homer take on things.

Good thing is even if the season is a good one we should be in a great cap situation next season. if we can't make a serious push on D in the 6th year of a coach being here. Then something is seriously wrong.[/quote]

certainly everyone has injuries, but nothing like this. and madieu does well, carson does well, cahd tj, all picks, geathers, peko, more picks. whitworth, etc...

the point im making is, what would the chin do with 8th, 9th and 10th string LB's that marvin cant? spit on them? its a ridiculous point.

I cant believe people say lets get Cowher. Its bullshit that people will turn on Marvin this quickly. Most of the people who are saying fuck Marvin would have sucked his dick a few years ago. I dont understand the unloyalty. I mean it must be kind of hard to coach a team with so many injuries and suspensions, however I do not know because I have never coached a NFL team. But there seems to be a whole lot of fuckers on here who think they can. So to every whos says fuck Marvin i say FUCK YOU BITCH and I hope you get punched in the face when you say how great Marvin is when he wins a SB!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562811' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:00 PM']Because he isnt, it doesnt make you fairweather, but it does mean you dont know much about Cowher.

He's a run first type of coach, Ben complained about not being allowed to "open up" the offense. You think Cowher is gonna come here with a top 3 qb and top WRs and change is ways to be a pass team first? Not gonna happen, thats why its not a good fit.[/quote]

Marvin Lewis was also considered a defensive guru, and look what this team has turned into, just something to think about. In my opinion Ben didn't throw, because he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. he was just the benefactor of a system with a great running game, and a tough as nails defense.

[quote name='J. Lindsey' post='562863' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:49 AM']I cant believe people say lets get Cowher. Its bullshit that people will turn on Marvin this quickly. Most of the people who are saying fuck Marvin would have sucked his dick a few years ago. I dont understand the unloyalty. I mean it must be kind of hard to coach a team with so many injuries and suspensions, however I do not know because I have never coached a NFL team. But there seems to be a whole lot of fuckers on here who think they can. So to every whos says fuck Marvin i say FUCK YOU BITCH and I hope you get punched in the face when you say how great Marvin is when he wins a SB![/quote]

I'd just like to go on the record to say, i'm not bashing Marvin Lewis in anyway, and i don't want him to be fired, but he does need to get this turned around sooner rather than later. this team has too much talent to be 1-3 and lose like they did last night. All i'm saying is that if it comes down to it, and Marvin Lewis is fired, I think cowher would be a good fit for this team, more for his hard nosed disciplinary type attitude than anything.

[quote name='Storm' post='562765' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:18 PM']Hilarious that there is someone dumb enough to think Cowher would come and coach for this bush league front office[/quote]

Hilarious that anyone would think Cowher would have a better record than Marvin. If I remember correctly, before his Superbowl run the Stoolers were talking about dumping him. After he won the Superbowl, ...they did!

[quote name='Goodfella' post='562769' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:21 PM']Yes, it would be a nightmare to land one of the best head coaches of all-time. First off, we'd have to buy playoff tickets nearly every year, then there would be the costly Super Bowl trips.[/quote]

You take your chances as a dumpster diver. Most of the times you find a real stinker.

Coward would never coach in Cincinnati. But, let's make this a hypothetical situation just for shits 'n giggles. If he came to Cincinnati I'd be pissed beyond words. Not because of my loyalty to Marvin but because of my distaste for that cum gurgling fag. If he came and the Bengals won 10 SuperBowls in a row and were the team of the decade I'd be happier than a pig in shit that my team won but I'd still hate that fucking cocksucker all the way down to the core of my existence. I'd rather slip back into the dark ages than take that fucker on board. No thanks. I really disliked him because of his Stealers affiliation and then it turned to pure fucking disgust when I saw him doing that "Who-Dey? We-Dey" cheer in [b]our[/b] stadium's locker room. I was able to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the heat of the moment shit but when they did their parade up in Shitstainville and he did it again that was it. He can go fuck himself with that chin of his for all I care.
MULLY

[quote name='mroby85' post='562870' date='Oct 3 2007, 01:21 AM']I'd just like to go on the record to say, i'm not bashing Marvin Lewis in anyway, and i don't want him to be fired, but he does need to get this turned around sooner rather than later. this team has too much talent to be 1-3 and lose like they did last night. All i'm saying is that if it comes down to it, and Marvin Lewis is fired, I think cowher would be a good fit for this team, more for his hard nosed disciplinary type attitude than anything.[/quote]

Too much talent? At what offense. Yea we have a great offense, which isnt even close to 100% yet. The defense is completely fucked, especially at LB. All I am saying is that yes it would be nice to be 3-1 right now but we lost two close games, at Seattle we didnt give Carson a chance, and I believe he had a minute with three TO's. So yea it does suck to be 1-3 but you cant blame Marvin for injuries, suspensions (he is not a babysitter) and fumbles on KO, he puts it all together but at the end of the day players must perform. On that note his game plans have kept us in games, the PLAYERS just didnt do what needed to be done. On the side, our opponents have a combined record of 11-5 which is pretty damn good. I expect this bye week to help us regroup and get back into the swing of things, it can basically only improve from here.

Archived