If I find out who created this site, I`ll slap them to sleep and dare them to snore !

i agree with you to some extent, but a lot of the guys he's having trouble keeping on the field are guys that he drafted, such as chris henry, odell thurman, chris perry is a fragile piece of crap. I'm not saying those guys are his responsibility to babysit, but it was a known fact that they had problems well before they got to cincinnati, so if you're going to waste draft picks on that, you need to at least be prepared to deal with it if it doesn't work out. I still can't figure out why the heck we took frostee rucker.

[quote name='mroby85' post='562885' date='Oct 3 2007, 02:27 AM']i agree with you to some extent, but a lot of the guys he's having trouble keeping on the field are guys that he drafted, such as chris henry, odell thurman, chris perry is a fragile piece of crap. I'm not saying those guys are his responsibility to babysit, but it was a known fact that they had problems well before they got to cincinnati, so if you're going to waste draft picks on that, you need to at least be prepared to deal with it if it doesn't work out. I still can't figure out why the heck we took frostee rucker.[/quote]

I mean I know Henry had problems, but I didnt know Odell did. He didnt know pollack would break is neck because he was solid in college. Chris Perry was the shit at Michigan, so you cant blame him for that pick, he basically beat Ohio State that year alone. It's just bad luck, not bad draft picks. We would have a much better defense if we were healthy and had Pollack and Odell. Our defense is basically an untapped well. If one person would begin to dominate that shit would spread like a virus. We have the talent on defense to at least be competetive, just needs a leader.

[quote name='mroby85' post='562865' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:58 AM']Marvin Lewis was also considered a defensive guru, and look what this team has turned into, just something to think about. In my opinion Ben didn't throw, because he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. he was just the benefactor of a system with a great running game, and a tough as nails defense.[/quote]

That didnt address anything I said. I said Cowher wouldnt change his stripes, he would want to do things his way, which is run...run...run.

We have a top 3 QB, and very good WRs, and a running game that averaged I think 3.1 yards a carry last year. (not good)

And you want to bring in a guy that would change everything we do and are good at?

It makes no sence.

[quote name='sneaky' post='562784' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:32 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Cowher does not want to come here, there are no gay Bengals players......................
well.......John Thornton maybe............... :mellow: [/b][/color]
:ninja:[/quote]

That's really weird, a gay guy used to work with me, he saw me in my Bengals gear one day, and said "you know a lot of the bengals are gay" This Baffled me(I had never even spoke with the guy till then), he wouldn't tell me who they were, but said one is a defensive lineman, he said, in his words "He loves little white boys" my guess is Thorton...ew...

-E

Apparently Bill Cowher had his chance to work here BUT Mike Brown chose Shula Jr as our new head coach at the time...
I shit you not....I watched the program on NFL Network..."Top 10 WORST Teams in the NFL history"...our beloved Bengals
of the 90's came in at # 4 and they disclosed the information that the coaching job was between Cowher and Shula..... <_<

Not sure if it's totally true or a fact but I'm pretty sure that's what they said!

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='563029' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:44 AM']Cowher, along with any other proven winning head coach, would NEVER come here.

Marvin is about the best we could hope for. If he goes...expect Head Coach Bratkowski or other such nonsense.[/quote]

Que? Who wouldn't want a chance to work with Palmer, 85 and TJ. There would be no shortage of candidates.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562965' date='Oct 3 2007, 09:33 AM']That didnt address anything I said. I said Cowher wouldnt change his stripes, he would want to do things his way, which is run...run...run.

We have a top 3 QB, and very good WRs, and a running game that averaged I think 3.1 yards a carry last year. (not good)

And you want to bring in a guy that would change everything we do and are good at?

It makes no sence.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='J. Lindsey' post='562898' date='Oct 3 2007, 03:07 AM']I mean I know Henry had problems, but I didnt know Odell did. He didnt know pollack would break is neck because he was solid in college. Chris Perry was the shit at Michigan, so you cant blame him for that pick, he basically beat Ohio State that year alone. It's just bad luck, not bad draft picks. We would have a much better defense if we were healthy and had Pollack and Odell. Our defense is basically an untapped well. If one person would begin to dominate that shit would spread like a virus. We have the talent on defense to at least be competetive, just needs a leader.[/quote]

Odell did have problems in college, as did Frostee Rucker. I also was upset with the chris perry pick at the time, beacause steven jackson was still on the board, im not just saying that, it's the truth. Pollack is the pick i agree with you on that was solid, and just bad luck.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562965' date='Oct 3 2007, 09:33 AM']That didnt address anything I said. I said Cowher wouldnt change his stripes, he would want to do things his way, which is run...run...run.

It makes no sence.[/quote]

How do you know Cowher wasn't just playing to his strengths which happened to be the running game in pissburgh? Ben isn't all he's cracked up to be.

[quote name='mroby85' post='563142' date='Oct 3 2007, 01:13 PM']Odell did have problems in college, as did Frostee Rucker. I also was upset with the chris perry pick at the time, beacause steven jackson was still on the board, im not just saying that, it's the truth. Pollack is the pick i agree with you on that was solid, and just bad luck.[/quote]

frostee has done nothing wrong since being drafted. He got in trouble for having a fight with his girlfriend. Who hasn't done that? He was just dumb enough to throw her cellphone at her and break it, prompting her to press vandalism charges and battery charges. Its not like he was beating the shit out of her.

Odell and Henry both had some minor stuff that on their own, seemed correctable. Obviously they've both screwed up since then, which you can't completely predict. Henry was worth the gamble for a 3rd round pick.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='563144' date='Oct 3 2007, 02:19 PM']He got in trouble for having a fight with his girlfriend. Who hasn't done that? He was just dumb enough to throw her cellphone at her and break it, prompting her to press vandalism charges and battery charges.[/quote]

Re: Frostee

There was also the rape and indecent exposure charge when he at Colorado St. But that was pre-draft / pre-USC

i agree, henry has the potential to be great, my point is marvin lewis is the one who made these picks, so they shouldn't be used as excuses for him. Again i'm just kind of playing devils advocate here, because i like marvin lewis, and don't want to see him fired, but i see, and understand peoples concerns in the situation.

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='563146' date='Oct 3 2007, 01:23 PM']Re: Frostee

There was also the rape and indecent exposure charge when he at Colorado St. But that was pre-draft / pre-USC[/quote]

touche. forgot about that.

Still, he's done very little "gawd awful" since the colorado st. stuff. Stupid? Sure. Morally reprehensible? Not likely.

I'm sure many of us have gotten pissed and thrown something.

[quote name='mroby85' post='563143' date='Oct 3 2007, 02:15 PM']How do you know Cowher wasn't just playing to his strengths which happened to be the running game in pissburgh? Ben isn't all he's cracked up to be.[/quote]

Because he has had the opportunity to get other guys in his entire tenure there and didnt, its been the same model year in and year out, it worked for him there, it would be a disaster here.

[quote name='mroby85' post='563207' date='Oct 3 2007, 03:37 PM']and you honestly think that he's not smart enough to figure out that it wouldn't work here? give me a break.[/quote]

No I think he would come in and do what he knows, do what was successfull for him in Pitt, its what all coaches do.

break given

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='563246' date='Oct 3 2007, 06:12 PM']No I think he would come in and do what he knows, do what was successfull for him in Pitt, its what all coaches do.

break given[/quote]

Come on Jaime, you seriously think that if Cowher came here (which would piss me off) he would try to become a run happy offense with a QB like Palmer and weapons like Chad, TJ, CHenry? Give the man more credit than that.....I/you may not like him, but he's got half a brain.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='563252' date='Oct 3 2007, 04:52 PM']Come on Jaime, you seriously think that if Cowher came here (which would piss me off) he would try to become a run happy offense with a QB like Palmer and weapons like Chad, TJ, CHenry? Give the man more credit than that.....I/you may not like him, but he's got half a brain.[/quote]

I dont know about "run happy", but I do think the passing attempts would go down with the running attempts going up, yes.

[quote name='Storm' post='563394' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:15 PM']Anyone who would be happy to see Cowher come to Cincinnati is one of 2 things

1. Not a Bengal Fan

or

2. Became a Bengal Fan after 2005[/quote]

you just lost your credibility, because i fit neither one in that criteria.

[quote name='Storm' post='563394' date='Oct 3 2007, 11:15 PM']Anyone who would be happy to see Cowher come to Cincinnati is one of 2 things

1. Not a Bengal Fan

or

2. Became a Bengal Fan after 2005[/quote]

I agree with Storm. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

In all honesty, no matter what Marvin does this year he is safe. No matter what he does next year, he is safe. Everyone on the outside (non-Bengal followers) said Marvin is on the hot seat this year, from the outside looking in he should be. He has had his bad luck, but again this is the NFL and players are injured. This is where depth comes in (see the Patriots). He has taken a 2-14 team and turned it into an 8-8 team that has flashes of greatness. On the flip side, this team also has flashes of the AFC North Champion Cincinnati Bengals. We have been sitting the past 4 years saying this is our year only to watch our team fold at the end of the season. Should the blame not be put on the coach for weak finishes? I said last season that this would be the season to make or break him. So far, it isn't looking too good.

So my question to you guys, "What will it take for you to realize it is time to move on and find a coach to get us over the hump?"

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='563538' date='Oct 4 2007, 09:35 AM']So my question to you guys, "What will it take for you to realize it is time to move on and find a coach to get us over the hump?"[/quote]
we finish this year with a losing record and i say be "selfish" and fire his ass and bring in marty schottenheimer

of course, itll never happen and if it did he would naturally be hired by cleveland and win 3 titles in 4 years... but thats my thought on the subject, anyway.

Archived