Marion Jones - Or am I cynical?

[quote]"It's bittersweet," said Travis Tygart, chief executive officer of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. "Any time a potential American hero admits to cheating us sports fans, people who watch Olympic games, it's bittersweet."[/quote]

I was of the opinion, or at least I hold the belief, that they [b]all[/b] cheat. Every Tour de France rider, all the athletes in the Olympics, lots of NFL players, most big-hitting baseball guys, most wrestlers (do they count?).

I'd be more amazed to find out one of them wasn't on the juice.

Is that just my natural cynical Englishness or do you all feel the same that side of the pond.
VB

i tend to agree with you in terms of olympic sports, cycling, wrestling (obviously), and baseball, but i wouldnt be surprised to learn that very few nfl players use banned substances. theres just too many legal options available to take that risk when goodell is in charge and ruling with an iron fist.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='564481' date='Oct 6 2007, 02:43 PM']i tend to agree with you in terms of olympic sports, cycling, wrestling (obviously), and baseball, but i wouldnt be surprised to learn that very few nfl players use banned substances. theres just too many legal options available to take that risk when goodell is in charge and ruling with an iron fist.[/quote]

except that they can take HGH as much as they want with no possible chance of it ever being picked up in a drug test.

there's no doubt there's a lot of people on it. the regenerative effects alone would make it financially worth it to many athletes who [i]rely[/i] on their body to feed their families. also for the people who might naturally be too slim to be in the pros, why wouldn't he take it?

Archived