NEW AP TOP 25 - 10/7

[size=5][font="Arial Narrow"][b][u]AP Top 25 [/u][/size]

[color="#000000"][size=4] 1. [img]http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/99.gif[/img] LSU 6-0

2. [img]http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/25.gif[/img] California 5-0

[color="#FF0000"] 3. [img]http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/194.gif[/img] Ohio State 6-0[/color]

4. [img]http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/103.gif[/img] Boston College 6-0

[color="#006400"] 5. [img]http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/sml/trans/58.gif[/img] South Florida 5-0 [/size][/color]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3] 6. Oklahoma 5-1

7. South Carolina 5-1

8. West Virginia 5-1

9. Oregon 4-1

10. USC 4-1

11. Missouri 5-0

12. Virginia Tech 5-1

13. Florida 4-2

14. Arizona State 6-0

[color="#FF0000"]15. Cincinnati 6-0 [/color]

16. Hawaii 6-0

[color="#0000FF"]17. Kentucky 5-1[/color]

18. Illinois 5-1

19. Wisconsin 5-1

20. Kansas 5-0

21. Florida State 4-1

22. Auburn 4-2

23. Texas 4-2

24. Georgia 4-2

25. Tennessee 3-2 [/b][/font][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564824' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:48 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]- Florida is ranked too high

- UC is ranked too low

- S. Car whose only lost was to LSU should be ahead of Okl who lost to Colorado [/b][/size][/font][/quote]
UC has beaten exactly ONE decent team...Rutgers. They are perfect where they are. Once they beat the likes of WVU, then they climb higher.
UK is also ranked too high, I don't think they are as good as Auburn, who is ranked below them.
USF is ranked too high too. They should be around tenth.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564825' date='Oct 7 2007, 04:53 PM']what a joke.[/quote]
It's almost halfway through the season, and having ranked teams from the SEC that have more than one loss is a joke?
The SEC is on of the best conferences in all of NCAA football. All but a couple teams are very good.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564833' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:08 PM']It's almost halfway through the season, and having ranked teams from the SEC that have more than one loss is a joke?
The SEC is on of the best conferences in all of NCAA football. All but a couple teams are very good.[/quote]
quit being a SEC fag. if u have 2 losses, u do not deserve to be in the polls right now, period. i dont give a shit where u play in.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564834' date='Oct 7 2007, 05:10 PM']quit being a SEC fag. if u have 2 losses, u do not deserve to be in the polls right now, period. i dont give a shit where u play in.[/quote]
Well, apparently the polls care about strength of schedule and not blind homerism to an undefeated team that hasn't played anybody.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564836' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:19 PM']Well, apparently the polls care about strength of schedule and not blind homerism to an undefeated team that hasn't played anybody.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I somewhat agree but Cincinnati will be tested win they go against USF and West Virginia and the Louisville game is very dangerous because UL was a top ten team when the season began.

Louisville's defense has failed them thus far but not their offense, UC's defense will be tested this Saturday.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564832' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:05 PM']USF is ranked too high too. They should be around tenth.[/quote]

[color="#006400"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]

They have beat 2 teams that were in the top 20 when they beat them ...

@ Auburn when the tigers were # 17 (Fla just lost to them @ home) ... and W. Va when the Mountainqueers were # 5 ... [/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564895' date='Oct 7 2007, 09:05 PM'][color="#006400"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]
They have beat 2 teams that were in the top 20 when they beat them ...
@ Auburn when the tigers were # 17 (Fla just lost to them @ home) ... and W. Va when the Mountainqueers were # 5 ... [/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote]
and auburn is in the SEC and the SEC is the only thing that matters!!111

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564895' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:05 PM'][color="#006400"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]They have beat 2 teams that were in the top 20 when they beat them ... @ Auburn when the tigers were # 17 (Fla just lost to them @ home) ... and W. Va when the Mountainqueers were # 5 ... [/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote] :doh: I forgot about their win over Auburn. I thought their only claim to fame was the WVU upset (which is looking less and less like an upset).I guess it would help my case if I knew what the fuck I was talking about![quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564899' date='Oct 7 2007, 07:18 PM']and auburn is in the SEC and the SEC is the only thing that matters!!111[/quote]Nobody ever said that, Tits McGee.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564921' date='Oct 7 2007, 09:27 PM']:doh: I forgot about their win over Auburn. I thought their only claim to fame was the WVU upset (which is looking less and less like an upset).I guess it would help my case if I knew what the fuck I was talking about!Nobody ever said that, [b]Tits McGee.[/b][/quote]

rofl. im sorry Amen, it is all my fault people say you have man boobs, i do appologize. i said it out of anger.

ANYWAY...this statement will probably result in hate PM's, but i cannot hold my tongue. I think the Big 10 is a much easier conference than the Big 12 this year. (flinches)
As for the poll, Oklahoma should be Top 5, and no im not just saying that. Sure we lost to a team who wasn't ranked, but it was a by a damn feild goal at the end. Plus look at our first 4 games we had the most points scored in the nation. LSU will drop next week they cant hold onto the number one spot for long, USF will drop also, their 15 minutes of fame is over. boston college, is getting lucky. OSU is fine where they are. Florida is ranked to low. Texas needs to drop off the rankings.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='564943' date='Oct 7 2007, 09:25 PM']rofl. im sorry Amen, it is all my fault people say you have man boobs, i do appologize. i said it out of anger.

ANYWAY...this statement will probably result in hate PM's, but i cannot hold my tongue. I think the Big 10 is a much easier conference than the Big 12 this year. (flinches)
As for the poll, Oklahoma should be Top 5, and no im not just saying that. Sure we lost to a team who wasn't ranked, but it was a by a damn feild goal at the end. Plus look at our first 4 games we had the most points scored in the nation. LSU will drop next week they cant hold onto the number one spot for long, USF will drop also, their 15 minutes of fame is over. boston college, is getting lucky. OSU is fine where they are. Florida is ranked to low. Texas needs to drop off the rankings.[/quote]
I think LSU hangs on and wins the title, especially now that USC got stung with an upset.

[quote name='sneaky' post='564961' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:16 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]BJ, how many damn teams are you rooting for?

I thought Florida State was your team? Then it was Nebraska.....now its South Florida.

Pick one team......dammit.[/b][/color][/quote]
hes rooting for whomever finishes ahead of the buckeyes

[quote name='sneaky' post='564961' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:16 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]BJ, how many damn teams are you rooting for?

I thought Florida State was your team? Then it was Nebraska.....now its South Florida.

Pick one team......dammit.[/b][/color][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I don't really have a College team ...

For me the Bengals are the only "true" sport team I love.

As for College I have several teams I root for - all for a myriad of causes and some years I will add a Cinderella pick or root for a team because of a specific player [color="#696969"][i]ie (I loved Vince Young thus rooted for Texas when he was there ... now they can go to hell)[/i][/color]

[color="#696969"][i](The Big 3 which are constant) [/i][/color]

[color="#8B0000"]Fla State[/color] - Best friend got his bachelors there, been to some games, liked them as a teen, I live in Florida, Peter Warrick was favorite college player, personally met and hung out with Bobby Bowden on a beach in the Bahamas.

[color="#8B0000"]South Carolina[/color] - Lived there for a few years as a little kid, liked Lou Holtz thus began rooting for them when he was there, been to a few of their bowl games.

[color="#FF0000"]Nebraska[/color] - Lived there for a few years growing up during the glory days, been to some games, Loved Tom Osbourne (one of the best coaches ever), Still think Tommie Frazier was the best college QB ever.

[color="#696969"][i]The Cinderella and new addition ... [/i][/color]

[color="#006400"]USF[/color] - recent convert as my sister has began going there for nursing school, went to 2 years of highscool in Tampa, best friend got his masters from there, know several friends who went there, I live in South Florida, made my news debut 2 weeks ago at their game, love their cinderella story. [/b][/size][/font]

[color="#A0522D"][i]* When you live in 20 + places growing up as a military brat ... you develop many loyalties. [/i][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564966' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:25 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I don't really have a College team ...

As for College I have several teams I root for - all for a myriad of causes and some years I will add a Cinderella pick or root for a team because of a specific player [color="#696969"][i]ie (I loved Vince Young thus rooted for Texas when he was there ... now they can go to hell)[/i][/color]
[color="#8B0000"]Fla State[/color] - Best friend got his bachelors there, been to some games, liked them as a teen, I live in Florida, Peter Warrick was favorite college player.

[color="#8B0000"]South Carolina[/color] - Lived there for a few years as a little kid, liked Lou Holtz thus began rooting for them when he was there, been to a few of their bowl games.

[color="#FF0000"]Nebraska[/color] - Lived there for a few years growing up during the glory days, been to some games, Loved Tom Osbourne (one of the best coaches ever), Still think Tommie Frazier was the best college QB ever.

[color="#006400"]USF[/color] - recent convert as my sister has began going there for nursing school, went to 2 years of highscool in Tampa, best friend got his masters from there, know several friends who went there, I live in South Florida, made my news debut 2 weeks ago at their game, love their cinderella story. [/b][/size][/font]
[color="#A0522D"][i]* When you live in 20 + places growing up as a military brat ... you develop many loyalties. [/i][/color][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Buckeye hatin' bandwagon jumper.[/b][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='564966' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:25 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I don't really have a College team ...

[color="#8B0000"]Fla State[/color] - Best friend got his bachelors there, been to some games, liked them as a teen, I live in Florida, Peter Warrick was favorite college player, personally met and hung out with Bobby Bowden on a beach in the Bahamas.

[color="#A0522D"][i]* When you live in 20 + places growing up as a military brat ... you develop many loyalties. [/i][/color][/quote]

What institution are you personally affiliated with? FIU, perhaps? I don't know of any universities located in the everglades... :P

Archived