UC OR OSU

Who's your team?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. UC or OSU

• OSU
    • UC

Here are your choices:

THE Ohio State Buckeyes: 117 years of elite football, 7 national championships, 7 Heisman trophies, Countless Big ten titles, Nations best band, Beautiful Ohio Stadium 105k seats, Script Ohio, Woody, Brutus, "The Sweatervest" #3 and rising after losing so many to the NFL.

or

The UC Bearcats: One good half of one season. #15

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='565629' date='Oct 9 2007, 05:47 AM']Congratulations for finding a way to divide a group of Bengal fans. Go you.

I vote neither. I root for both, and [b]against neither, ever[/b]. :P[/quote]

So who do you root for when they play each other?

[quote name='Jason' post='565639' date='Oct 9 2007, 11:53 AM']So who do you root for when they play each other?[/quote]
Honestly, both. When they played in 02 (the Chatman drop game) I was happy for each team when they made a good play.

To pick one, I was more hopeful for an OSU victory, because they always have national title aspirations, and I hate to ever see them lose, but it would have been a terrific victory for UC had Chatman just caught the damn ball. As pissed as I would have been for OSU, I would have been [i]almost [/i]as happy for UC.

[color="#FF0000"][b]Ok, lets keep this shit real.

Everyone knows that Ohio State has been a national powerhouse in college football for the last 50 years. If
you were born and grew up in Ohio, and you love college football, more than likely Ohio State was your team
of choice......like mine.

At the same time I am also a UC fan because they are the local team and most importantly because
I went to school there.

Before this season started I doubt Nippert stadium was ever sold out....and it only holds 35,000. For
years, UC's football program has been neglected by fans, alumni, and the media. Now that UC has
cracked the top 20, everybody around Cincy is on the Bearcat bandwagon.......and they should be.

UC deserves all the attention it gets and I am glad they are finally getting some love. However, I
wonder if all these new so called fans of the Bearcats will still be on the bandwagon a couple of
years from now.

As an Ohio State fan also, I fail to see why any Buckeye fan would want to hate on UC what so ever.
UC poses no threat to Ohio State on the field or even as far as recruiting is concerned. All these Buckeye
fans hating on UC must be extremely insecure or truly an asshole or maybe even both.

Why cant Buckeye fans view the Bearcats as their virgin kid brother who is finally getting a chance at some
national putang? Ohio State is like me, sneaky.....a pimp, whereas Cincinnati has always been like CJ4MVP85,
a pimpled face virgin.

So don't hate, congratulate.

Do you bitchez understand now? -_-
[/b][/color]

Pardon me if I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I'm from Cincinnati and had no affiliation at all with Columbus or Ohio State, thus I am a Cincinnati fan of any sport regardless if they go 0-12 or 12-0.

Big fucking deal about Ohio State, we all know they have had a good team for decades. And they will probably be on the top forever. As for now, I'm going to enjoy the attention UC is FINALLY getting. Tired of the Ohio State bullshit. OSU homers, UC is not even close to being as good as Ohio State and I'm still going to follow them. Just because a team is good doesn't require me to root for them. You probably like the Patriots too. UC is #15 and undefeated, OSU is #3 and undefeated yet you still feel threatened somehow by UC? GET OVER IT!

[quote name='natifanatic' post='567116' date='Oct 11 2007, 12:53 PM']Pardon me if I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I'm from Cincinnati and had no affiliation at all with Columbus or Ohio State, thus I am a Cincinnati fan of any sport regardless if they go 0-12 or 12-0.

Big fucking deal about Ohio State, we all know they have had a good team for decades. And they will probably be on the top forever. As for now, I'm going to enjoy the attention UC is FINALLY getting. Tired of the Ohio State bullshit. OSU homers, UC is not even close to being as good as Ohio State and I'm still going to follow them. Just because a team is good doesn't require me to root for them. You probably like the Patriots too. UC is #15 and undefeated, OSU is #3 and undefeated yet you still feel threatened somehow by UC? GET OVER IT![/quote]

Which OSU fans on this board are critical of UC for there success?

Which OSU fans on this board have said they feel threatened by it?

I am an OSU fan from the age of 13. I am also a UC graduate. I root for UC (except when they play OSU) and am happy for their success. I hope it continues.

[quote name='Jason' post='567147' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:34 PM']Which OSU fans on this board are critical of UC for there success?

I am an OSU fan from the age of 13. I am also a UC graduate. I root for UC (except when they play OSU) and am happy for their success. I hope it continues.[/quote]
are you fucking blind? at least 40% of the OSU supporters on this board are the EXACT reason many people hate OSU. the majority of OSU fans i have met (face to face) are complete fucking assholes and the only differences between them and stealers fans is the lack of incest and different colors.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='567202' date='Oct 11 2007, 02:42 PM']are you fucking blind? at least 40% of the OSU supporters on this board are the EXACT reason many people hate OSU. the majority of OSU fans i have met (face to face) are complete fucking assholes and the only differences between them and stealers fans is the lack of incest and different colors.[/quote]

the funny thing is, you're (and a few others on this board) creating the exact same stereotype for UC fans.

[quote name='Jason' post='567147' date='Oct 11 2007, 10:34 AM']Which OSU fans on this board are critical of UC for there success?

I am an OSU fan from the age of 13. I am also a UC graduate. I root for UC (except when they play OSU) and am happy for their success. I hope it continues.[/quote]

I respect you Jason, and have no ill comments toward you, I was mainly talking to the thread starter who needs to put all OSU's accolades, just so maybe he can sway some votes. <_<

And as for your first 2 questions, just read some of the OSU fans comments in the thread "Notre Dame quarterback transfers to UC." Your comments were pretty on the money, but some other OSU homers seemed to take offense that the guy is transferring to Cincinnati and not the heralded Ohio State.

[quote name='whodey319' post='567171' date='Oct 11 2007, 01:59 PM']i went to both schools so i root for both[/quote]

Ditto. But if UC plays OSU, I have found myself pullling for UC (e.g 2002 at PBS).
I went to my local watering hole on Saturday so I could watch both games in HD big screens. I would say the crowd was about 50/50 in terms of fan split. But by the second half most, if not all the OSU fans were cheering for UC. It was kinda cool. I hope it stays that way for both fan bases. No need to draw the line in the sand unless they are competing against each other.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='567219' date='Oct 11 2007, 08:13 PM']the funny thing is, you're (and a few others on this board) creating the exact same stereotype for UC fans.[/quote]
Yup. An asshole is an asshole, no matter who he roots for. ;)

And gee Thurman, you figure 40% of OSU fans aren't happy for UC. Wow. Isn't that stunning? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jason' post='567248' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:46 PM']Question for UC fans.

Why does it bother you if a fan of OSU doesn't support UC's success? They aren't UC fans. I personally don't care if someone who is a fan of another school roots against OSU.[/quote]

As a fan of both schools, since I started at tOSU (2 years) and completed my matriculation at tUC, I root for both schools. But it does not bother me in the least that some OSU fans choose not to support UC. As I said in my post above, I did think it was cool that the OSU fans (all decked out in their gear) turned to the UC game (after the Purdue game was a yawner) and supported the Bearcats.

I think most fans support both. I do not think this board is representative, IMHO.

[quote name='Jason' post='567248' date='Oct 11 2007, 05:16 PM']Question for UC fans.

Why does it bother you if a fan of OSU doesn't support UC's success? They aren't UC fans. I personally don't care if someone who is a fan of another school roots against OSU.[/quote]

Why the hell would it bother me as a UC fan or anyone else for that matter if OSU fan doesn't support UC's success?

I kinda like OSU also......I rooted for them all throughout my childhood since their games were always on tv as opposed to the UC games. And it's true that some OSU fans are dickheads but that's true for any school really.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='567219' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:13 PM']the funny thing is, you're (and a few others on this board) creating the exact same stereotype for UC fans.[/quote]
i tend to come across that way on the board, yes, but at least im consistent.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='567235' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:37 PM'][b]Yup. An asshole is an asshole, no matter who he roots for. [/b] ;)

And gee Thurman, you figure 40% of OSU fans aren't happy for UC. Wow. Isn't that stunning? :rolleyes:[/quote]
i tend to come across that way on the board, yes, but at least im consistent.

they dont have to be happy for UC, but they dont have to be a bunch of queer fucks like they are being. does it scare them that UC gets talk?

[quote name='Jason' post='567248' date='Oct 11 2007, 03:46 PM']Question for UC fans.

it doenst bother UC fans. it bothers UC fans when OSU fans go out of their way to rip UC. wow OSU is better than UC, well no fucking shit. it is also OSUs # 1 priority and it has NOTHING to do with anything recent, theyve been good.

why do OSU fans feel the need to attack UC for being an up and coming program. its like OSU is scared that UC might surpass them or steal their recruits.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='567301' date='Oct 11 2007, 10:19 PM']i tend to come across that way on the board, yes, but at least im consistent.
[b]i tend to come across that way on the board, yes, but at least im consistent.
they dont have to be happy for UC, but they dont have to be a bunch of queer fucks like they are being. does it scare them that UC gets talk?[/b]
it doenst bother UC fans. it bothers UC fans when OSU fans go out of their way to rip UC. wow OSU is better than UC, well no fucking shit. it is also OSUs # 1 priority and it has NOTHING to do with anything recent, theyve been good.

why do OSU fans feel the need to attack UC for being an up and coming program. its like OSU is scared that UC might surpass them or steal their recruits.[/quote]
Agreed. You do consistently come off as an ass :D

As for the rest of your statement, not all OSU fans are at all like you have decided to stereotype us all. Some of us OSU fans have been disagreeing with the UC haters. They are assholes, too. Perhaps your distant cousins? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

:ninja:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='567318' date='Oct 11 2007, 05:37 PM']Agreed. You do consistently come off as an ass :D

As for the rest of your statement, not all OSU fans are at all like you have decided to stereotype us all. Some of us OSU fans have been disagreeing with the UC haters. They are assholes, too. Perhaps your distant cousins? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

:ninja:[/quote]
if i had a family member that was an OSU fan, they would not be breathing anymore.

weird thing is im not usually an ace face to face, but on this board i am an ass. on other boards im not. whoops.

Archived