NFL SUSPENDS JOSPEH!

per Bengals.com

1 game and two game checks for crap last year.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

4:25 p.m.
The Bengals have been notified by the NFL that cornerback Johnathan Joseph has been suspended without pay for one game and it will be this Sunday at Kansas City.

A Bengals' press release issued Tuesday said the suspension is for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy. Joseph will also be fined an additional game check for the week following when they play the Jets.

Joseph's penalty relates to his arrest in Kentucky last January for possession of marijuana. After accepting a diversionary arrangement, he has since complied fully with all league and law-enforcement obligations in regard to resolving the matter, and his case has now been dismissed by Kentucky authorities, the release said.

Joseph may not attend practices this week, but will be allowed to attend meetings and to work out individually at team facilities. He will be able to rejoin all team activities Monday.

Nice...

I can just see it in the NFL Offices,

Goodell: Hmmm....the bengals are getting some injured players back next week. What can i do to fuck them over?
Goodell's Gay Assistant: Slurp***Slurp**Slurp*** Remember when i sold Joseph that bag of weed last year?
Goodell: Why Are you talking? **slrup**slurp*slurp**8 hey! i have an idea, remember whenyou sold jospeh that bag of weed last year?

5 minutes later....phone rings in marvin lewis's office.
Lewis: bengals, Marvin Lewis Speaking.
Goodell: This is Czar Goodell.
Lewis:..... ummm What can i do for you sir?
Goodell: How is the team looking?
Lewis: Well we have a few guys coming back from injuries and are feeling good about next weeks game. Joseph is looking really good in practice.
Goodell: What wears orange and black and is not playing next week?
Lewis: Excuse me?
Goodell: Joseph is suspended bitches!!!!! Suck a dick! *click*

[quote name='Ben' post='566034' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:36 PM']Nice...

I can just see it in the NFL Offices,

Goodell: Hmmm....the bengals are getting some injured players back next week. What can i do to fuck them over?
Goodell's Gay Assistant: Slurp***Slurp**Slurp*** Remember when i sold Joseph that bag of weed last year?
Goodell: Why Are you talking? **slrup**slurp*slurp**8 hey! i have an idea, remember whenyou sold jospeh that bag of league last year?

5 minutes later....phone rings in marvin lewis's office.
Lewis: bengals, Marvin Lewis Speaking.
Goodell: This is Czar Goodell.
Lewis:..... ummm What can i do for you sir?
Goodell: How is the team looking?
Lewis: Well we have a few guys coming back from injuries and are feeling good about next weeks game. Joseph is looking really good in practice.
Goodell: What wears orange and black and is not playing next week?
Lewis: Excuse me?
Goodell: Joseph is suspended bitches!!!!! Suck a dick! *click*[/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='566033' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:36 PM']Joseph gets 1 game and 2 weeks pay for pot,
Jared Allen gets 2 games for 2 DUI`s.
That`s fair . . .[/quote]

No shit! Let's have guy who decides he is going to threaten hundreds if not thousands of drivers when he is driving under the influence on 2 occassions (likely more) vs. a guy who had weed in a backpack and by the way was not charged with driving under the influence (which includes drugs other than alchohol).

Yep!!! Makes perfect sense to me. << sarcasm >>

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='566039' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:39 PM']wait, isn't this his first offense? They can't suspend him for that.
This is some shit.[/quote]

G :blink: dell can do anything he wants to do.

Only the government has the power to take him on now. I suggest JJ should file a claim with the EEOC to get his money back.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='566051' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:52 PM']my guess would be that Madieu will be the nickel and Ndukwe would start at FS.[/quote]

Rather than starting Ndukwe, wouldn't we still start Madieu and bring in Ndukwe on passing downs to play FS when Madieu plays nickelback?

I fully support Goodell in his efforts to try and reduce the "drugs and thugs" element inside the NFL. This is not Goodell's fault. Marvin and the FO knowingly drafted players with "poor to no" character. This is but another sad situation that reflects on Marvin, the FO, the Bengals, and our city, not Goodell.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='566058' date='Oct 9 2007, 05:00 PM']I fully support Goodell in his efforts to try and reduce the "drugs and thugs" element inside the NFL. This is not Goodell's fault. Marvin and the FO knowingly drafted players with "poor to no" character. This is but another sad situation that reflects on Marvin, the FO, the Bengals, and our city, not Goodell.[/quote]

That's it! I know you are a scum-sucking Stooler now!! :1018: :flip:

[quote name='ItsTime' post='566058' date='Oct 9 2007, 06:30 PM']I fully support Goodell in his efforts to try and reduce the "drugs and thugs" element inside the NFL. This is not Goodell's fault. Marvin and the FO knowingly drafted players with "poor to no" character. This is but another sad situation that reflects on Marvin, the FO, the Bengals, and our city, not Goodell.[/quote]

Ban this guy NOW!!!! What the hell are you talking about? Joseph had NO problems in college and had some herb with him and got busted........ONCE. Goodell is a piece of crap and I have now decided to stop watching the NFL except for Bengals games. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time though.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='566058' date='Oct 9 2007, 05:00 PM']I fully support Goodell in his efforts to try and reduce the "drugs and thugs" element inside the NFL. This is not Goodell's fault. Marvin and the FO knowingly drafted players with "poor to no" character. This is but another sad situation that reflects on Marvin, the FO, the Bengals, and our city, not Goodell.[/quote]

:0stfu:

I might agree, but it obviously isn't enforced uniformly enough to establish any meaningful standard of behavior. The way he has applied his policy, it looks less like a system governed by rules and a rational process, and more like a little man who was given power and dishes out punishments wherever he pleases, beyond reproach of course.

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='566055' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:58 PM']Rather than starting Ndukwe, wouldn't we still start Madieu and bring in Ndukwe on passing downs to play FS when Madieu plays nickelback?[/quote]

that's what I meant, sorry. In my head I was thinking we'd play a lot of 3-wide anyway.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='566058' date='Oct 9 2007, 04:00 PM']I fully support Goodell in his efforts to try and reduce the "drugs and thugs" element inside the NFL. This is not Goodell's fault. Marvin and the FO knowingly drafted players with "poor to no" character. This is but another sad situation that reflects on Marvin, the FO, the Bengals, and our city, not Goodell.[/quote]

Idiot--Josephs had NO character flags coming out of college so how could Marvin have know he would get caught with a small amount of pot? Take your sanctimonious attitude somewhere else.

These are YOUNG MEN, not friggin CHOIR BOYS. I'll bet at least 50% of the NFL players smoke pot (especially during the off season). Fuck GODell--he obviously has it in for the Bengals.

I believe you missed the point. I will not argue that the league needs to reduce the drugs and thugs. But do you seriously believe that 2 dui's is less of an offense than a weed possession charge, where Joseph the driver was not even convicted of dui? At least, IMHO, this is about fairness. To me a weed possession does not even equal a dui. Then throw in 2 dui's which means there is a habitual problem and a serious risk to society.

Archived