[quote name='Bengals 4 Life' post='567767' date='Oct 12 2007, 05:16 PM']Can anyone give me a quick dirty update on who we think is in/out on Sunday? Brooks or any other LB back yet?[/quote]

Brooks ruled himself out Wednesday during an interview he gave. Neither him or Caleb worked all week and look to both be out. Landon should be back.

The Friday injury report lists:

-- Linebackers Ahmad Brooks (groin) and Caleb Miller (back) as doubtful; they did not practice today.

-- Defensive ends Jonathan Fanene (knee) and Frostee Rucker (hand) as questionable. Fanene did not practice today; Rucker was limited.

-- Safety Dexter Jackson (illness), Rudi Johnson (hamstring) and center Alex Stepanovich (knee) are probable and all three practiced fully.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='567856' date='Oct 12 2007, 09:07 PM']Disappointed in Brooks not playing but then again I dont know how bad his injury is..
Why play one game if its harboring on reinjury? Let him heal up and be ready for the Stools.
Thats when we'll need him the most...[/quote]

Yeah I think well be ok without him for this game, but I hope he can be back next week to get some time to adjust before the stools.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='567784' date='Oct 12 2007, 06:00 PM']The Friday injury report lists:

-- Linebackers Ahmad Brooks [b](balls) [/b]and Caleb Miller (back) as doubtful; they did not practice today.

-- Defensive ends Jonathan Fanene (knee) and Frostee Rucker (hand) as questionable. Fanene did not practice today; Rucker was limited.

-- Safety Dexter Jackson (illness), Rudi Johnson (hamstring) and center Alex Stepanovich (knee) are probable and all three practiced fully.[/quote]

there...fixed it.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='567936' date='Oct 13 2007, 10:42 AM']there...fixed it.[/quote]

As much as I'm annoyed by the Brooks injury stuff, Rucker is probably still more deserving of the "balls" insult. That guy sure seems to have been suffering diaper rash for years now.

[quote name='mongo' post='567932' date='Oct 13 2007, 09:33 AM']So we have Landon, Dhani, Schlegel, and that Mays kid at linebacker? Maybe Geathers and Busing filling in if things get rough? Do I have the reports in order, or is there more going on?[/quote]

I think they plan on rotating Geathers and Busing in,
to try and keep the few healthy LB`s fresh.

BengalButch said he heard Brad Johansen say Geathers will play outside
linebacker this Sunday & Robinson will play DE.

I read that Busing could also play some LB this week.
So yeah, you have the reports in order.

Wow. Landon, Jones, Shmengey, Mayes-Hayes, Geathers, and Busing. That is one motley crew at LB. And not the kind that gets the best pussy, drugs/booze, and Behind the Music episode either. It is a relief to see Landon back and bringing an iota of stability to the corps this week, though.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='567784' date='Oct 12 2007, 11:00 PM']The Friday injury report lists:
DE - Rucker was limited.[/quote]

Rucker [b]is[/b] limited surely?

And fuck all you who moan about Brooks not being ready. If he's not ready, he's not. It's not like he's Chris Perry with a permanently strained vagina, or Willie who broke his foot lifting his wallet or even Odell who's not playing because he's an idiot.

Jesus.
VB

[quote name='jojorules' post='567965' date='Oct 13 2007, 01:04 PM']Wow. Landon, Jones, Shmengey, Mayes-Hayes, Geathers, and Busing. That is one motley crew at LB. And not the kind that gets the best pussy, drugs/booze, and Behind the Music episode either.[/quote]

:049:

[quote name='VonBlade' post='567985' date='Oct 13 2007, 02:07 PM']Rucker [b]is[/b] limited surely?

And fuck all you who moan about Brooks not being ready. If he's not ready, he's not. It's not like he's Chris Perry with a permanently strained vagina, or Willie who broke his foot lifting his wallet or even Odell who's not playing because [b]he got fucked over for admitting to a problem and fixing it.[/b]

Jesus.
VB[/quote]

****groans, then sighs***** [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img]

That is a fucked up crew, but looking from a half-ful view, we could finally get players in the right spots to stop people. I mean, if the guys on the team are just trying to learn their assignments, there's less chance for freelancing and overrunning, right.???

RIGHT?????

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/40.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

It looks like it's gonna be a long Sunday. And for a groin injury, I've pulled mine to the extent that I couldn't walk without wincing, so I kinda have a feeling what Ahmad is going through. I just couldn't imagine running, hitting, and any other football moves with a sore as hell groin. However, I think he needs to man up as the leader of the defense and get out there and lead the troops.

Archived