WHO SHOULD BE #1 IN THE NATION ?

39 members have voted

1. 1. WHO SHOULD BE #1 IN THE NATION ?

• OSU Buckeyes
    • BC Eagles
    • USF Bulls

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569981' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:06 PM']Since both OSU and USF will suffer a loss before it's all over...
Once Florida is beaten next Saturday....
It will be....
[size=7]KENTUCKY BABY!!!!!!![/size][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Funny, because Kige Ramsey said the very same thing in his latest video.
[/b][/color]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='569976' date='Oct 14 2007, 09:01 PM']a completely unbiased opinion im sure.
usf hasnt proven to be better than osu, i coudl care less either way, until there is a playoff system rankings mean nothing. until the last 2-3 weeks at the earliest.[/quote]
The stats are what they are. Youve played nobody. Do you think OSU would have gone undefeated against Auburn on the road and hosting West Virginia? Maybe they would have, but they havent played anyone close to the level of those 2 teams right now, so who knows how they will be when they have to stop playing cupcakes.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='569981' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:06 PM']Since both OSU and USF will suffer a loss before it's all over...
Once Florida is beaten next Saturday....
It will be....

[size=7]KENTUCKY BABY!!!!!!![/size][/quote]

Please Bung, do tell, who will beat OSU this year?
They have a good O and a fucking lights out D, that's a combination that wins championships.
Who, in your opinion, can put up enough points to beat em?

And who's the dumbass that said OSU diddn't play anyone last year? I'm pretty sure they were the first team to ever play three teams ranked #2. They won two of them (Texas and Bitchigan) and then got that ass handed to them by the third (Florida)

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='568271' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:26 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]They've beaten a team that is currently in the top 10 (WV 7)

What is tha hardest game the Fuckeyes have played thus far ? [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

Can't blame the Buckeyes that the preseason poll makers fucked up so bad that TWELVE top 10 teams have already lost this season...

Obviously preseason rankings dont mean much and it basically ruins college football... I still believe teams should be unranked until at least the 8th game of the year

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='568997' date='Oct 14 2007, 02:36 PM']you cant judge talent until they play someone good. troy smith didnt look so good last year when osu finally played a good team.[/quote]

Oh that's right... OSU didn't play THREE number 2 teams last year.... damn forgot about that.

You're a fucking idiot... I'm not saying Smith is going to be a great QB, but of the most likely 10 to 20 rookie QBs drafted, how many are playing this year?

I can think of one playing... Edwards or whatever his name is at Buffalo ... Does that mean Quinn sucks too? And Russel?

God ... you say some of the dumbest shit on this board...

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='571161' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:25 AM']I Pick "[u][b]D[/b][/u]" ([i]Other[/i])...
I would like to add in..

[b]OKLAHOMA.[/b][/quote]

You can't add in teams that have lost, and especially teams that have lost to Colorado.

As for the #1, it's hard to say. OSU looks to be the better team but they haven't beat anyone worth noting. Purdue is not worth noting. South Florida's beaten a good Auburn team and an explosive WV team. On merit, I'd say South Florida but on everything else, I'd say OSU. I still think that LSU or Florida would beat either one of these teams at a neutral site though.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='571161' date='Oct 15 2007, 11:55 PM']I Pick "[u][b]D[/b][/u]" ([i]Other[/i])...
I would like to add in..

[b]OKLAHOMA.[/b][/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Sorry ... no 'losers' in this poll

better luck next year :D

[/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='571367' date='Oct 16 2007, 01:42 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
Sorry ... no 'losers' in this poll
better luck next year :D
[/b][/size][/font][/quote]

USF ain't runnin the table, hate to say it <_<

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='571276' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:11 AM']Can't blame the Buckeyes that the preseason poll makers fucked up so bad that TWELVE top 10 teams have already lost this season...

Obviously preseason rankings dont mean much and it basically ruins college football... I still believe teams should be unranked until at least the 8th game of the year
Oh that's right... OSU didn't play THREE number 2 teams last year.... damn forgot about that.

You're a fucking idiot... I'm not saying Smith is going to be a great QB, but of the most likely 10 to 20 rookie QBs drafted, how many are playing this year?

I can think of one playing... Edwards or whatever his name is at Buffalo ... Does that mean Quinn sucks too? And Russel?

God ... you say some of the dumbest shit on this board...[/quote]
quinn does suck and so does russell.

I said USF because who the hell has OSU played?? Purdue and who else?

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
Kent State

Are you kidding me? I guess it is back to one of those - it's better to be undefeated playing Little Sisters of the Poor than actually playing college football teams and taking a loss... I love college football but no playoff hurts. It'd allow colleges to play the top-end teams and even losing a game wouldn't knock them out of the hunt as it does now.

I love how all of these people are blaming OSU for thier schedule... Do i need to remind each of you that OSU has played Texas the last two years, and will play USC the next two years?

It was a wierd off year for the bucks schedule wise but just because thier conference sucks and the teams they've played didn't pan out like predicted, they shouldn't be number 1? They have single handily destroyed each opponent so far...

Keep blowing USF for thier "schedule" but lets not forget that 4 of thier 6 wins came against non conference ELON by 15(who?), UNC (???), at FAU and C Florida... Whereas OSU has played at Washington, and home vs Kent State for thier out of conference...

Sooo USF has played 2 actual colleges this season in conference but OSU is the ones being blamed?

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='571857' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:50 AM']I said USF because who the hell has OSU played?? Purdue and who else?Youngstown State AkronWashingtonNorthwesternMinnesotaPurdueKent StateAre you kidding me? I guess it is back to one of those - it's better to be undefeated playing Little Sisters of the Poor than actually playing college football teams and taking a loss... I love college football but no playoff hurts. It'd allow colleges to play the top-end teams and even losing a game wouldn't knock them out of the hunt as it does now.[/quote]

I know USFs nonschedule of Elon, UNC, FAU, and C Florida is one to call home about...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='572116' date='Oct 17 2007, 04:32 PM']I love how all of these people are blaming OSU for thier schedule... Do i need to remind each of you that OSU has played Texas the last two years, and will play USC the next two years?

It was a wierd off year for the bucks schedule wise but just because thier conference sucks and the teams they've played didn't pan out like predicted, they shouldn't be number 1? They have single handily destroyed each opponent so far...

Keep blowing USF for thier "schedule" but lets not forget that 4 of thier 6 wins came against non conference ELON by 15(who?), UNC (???), at FAU and C Florida... Whereas OSU has played at Washington, and home vs Kent State for thier out of conference...

Sooo USF has played 2 actual colleges this season in conference but OSU is the ones being blamed?

I know USFs nonschedule of Elon, UNC, FAU, and C Florida is one to call home about...[/quote]

don't forget to mention that they have home and homes coming up with Oklahoma and Virginia Tech as well.

Schedules are made upwards of 5 years in advance, if not more. At the time, Washington looked to be a big series.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='572211' date='Oct 18 2007, 02:20 AM']don't forget to mention that they have home and homes coming up with Oklahoma and Virginia Tech as well.
Schedules are made upwards of 5 years in advance, if not more. [b]At the time, Washington looked to be a big series[/b].[/quote]
Yup. The first half of this series was the season opener in 03 after OSU won the national title. I took my Mrs to that game and had front row seats B)

We spent the night heckling Reggie Williams on the UW bench.

[quote name='Jason' post='572294' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:58 AM'][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z14/hitman7000/IMG_0125.jpg[/img]

We're on our way to Ann Arbor![/quote]

Thanks for my new destop wallpaper! :headbang:

[center][quote name='Jason' post='572294' date='Oct 18 2007, 06:58 AM'][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z14/hitman7000/IMG_0125.jpg[/img][/quote]

[img]http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/_home_made_rocket_4.jpg[/img]

[color="#006400"][size=5][i]"I'll fix this .... go Bulls baby"[/i][/size][/color][/center]

[center][font="Arial Narrow"][size=4][b]Strength of Schedule ...

[color="#006400"]USF[/color] = 12th ... (beat 2 top 20 teams)

[color="#FF0000"]Ohio State[/color] = 72nd ... (beat 0 top 20 teams)

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img][/b][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='572735' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:39 PM'][center][font="Arial Narrow"][size=4][b]Strength of Schedule ...
[color="#006400"]USF[/color] = 12th ... (beat 2 top 20 teams)

[color="#FF0000"]Ohio State[/color] = 72nd ... (beat 0 top 20 teams)
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img][/b][/size][/font][/center][/quote]

Still 5 or 6 games left. We'll see.

Archived