HAS THE SKY ALREADY FALLEN ???

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is the season already over ?

• Yes
    • No
    • hanging by a thread
    • no way .. plenty of games to go
  2. 2. Will the Bengals make the playoffs this year ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Chuck be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should Bratkowski be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Should Levi be cut ?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Should Marvin be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Which is worst ?

• The teams Offense
    • The teams Defense
    • The teams Special teams
  8. 8. Should Carson be benched for Jeff Rowe ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Should Chad be benched for Chatman ?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Do you think you're good enough to play LB for the Bengals ?

• Yes
    • No
  11. 11. Are we the worst team in the NFL ?

• Yes
    • No
    • top 5 worst
    • top 10 worst
  12. 12. Biggest hurdle to success ?

• injuries
    • refs
    • coaching
    • players
    • selfishness

It fell in two weeks ago when we quit playing. We wont make the playoffs (cue Jim Mora). Injuries are the worst factor. Sack everyone but Marvin, Carson and Chad. D is the suckiest thing.

Although I almost wanted to vote for the O-line. No way you can vote for the O with Carson and TJiaMFS.

I know Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, I hope we dont go on any kind of winning streak and end up drafting top 5. We have far too many needs and need impact players on D badly, every year we watch as stud DTs keep getting taken that we have no chance at, well tank the season now because we have no shot, and get us a damned DT that can get some freaking penatration, and a LB with the 2nd pick.

[color="#4169E1"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Maybe Dillon is sabotaging the season behind the scenes ? <_< [/b][/size][/font][/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

[quote]Since August, 2002, Marvin Lewis has also been affectionately referred to as "Black Jesus" by Bengals players and fans. "No sacrilege intended, but he is resurrecting this franchise," said former cornerback Artrell Hawkins in 2003. This name has garnered some national recognition and ESPN The Magazine in a January, 2005 article by writer Tom Friend even referred to him, not by his given name, but as "Black Jesus". [b][u]In that same article, former Bengals running back Corey Dillon said, "You've got your Black Jesus, I'm your Judas, why hold me hostage? Set me free."[/u][/quote][/b]

[url="http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Marvin_Lewis"]http://www.armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Marvin_Lewis[/url]

[quote name='dimster' post='569619' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:45 PM']based on voting, i can see that u all not bengals loyal fan, as u all give up already, omg, whats wrong with u all[/quote]english por favor?[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569624' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:47 PM']One of the questions should be: Who on this board will say we should sign our own, and build through the draft instead of sign ANY quality free agents?[/quote]I can think of a couple without hesitation.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569617' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:45 PM']I know Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, I hope we dont go on any kind of winning streak and end up drafting top 5. We have far too many needs and need impact players on D badly, every year we watch as stud DTs keep getting taken that we have no chance at, well tank the season now because we have no shot, and get us a damned DT that can get some freaking penatration, and a LB with the 2nd pick.[/quote]Jamie put the bottle down, it is not your friend.. :D

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569617' date='Oct 14 2007, 03:45 PM']I know Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, I hope we dont go on any kind of winning streak and end up drafting top 5. We have far too many needs and need impact players on D badly, every year we watch as stud DTs keep getting taken that we have no chance at, well tank the season now because we have no shot, and get us a damned DT that can get some freaking penatration, and a LB with the 2nd pick.[/quote]
Absolutely amazing coming from you, Jamie. I don't agree with you, but I certainly won't flame you for the fact that your thought process is logical as far as the needs thing goes. And could this team possibly draft some heart and brains while they're at it.

I'm not completely giving up on the season, but I have the fork out getting ready to see if this team is done. I'll be interested to see how they handle the Justin situation next spring. They would be nuts to franchise him again, and assuming they don't, will they actually invest some of that 8 mil into a worthwhile FA?

Either way, on to the Jets. :closedeyes:

Not only has the sky fallen. But the world itself has ended. I say we finish 6-10. With a useless 2 game winning streak to finish the season and draft around number 5.

Also Levi and Willie and Rudi have got to go. Kenny, Chris, and Kenny Irons the guys I want.

Let the defensive free agents go. Ironically Deltha has been the only guy to look consistently good on defense. I would keep him over Dexter, Madieu. Replace them with Chinny, Marvin, Ethan. Develop Leon and John Jo more and Blu Adams.

Defensive line wise, keep Peko and Michael Myers and Geathers and fuck everyone else unless Frostee turns out to be worth keeping.

And for the love of god sign good free agents. Like 2 would be great.

Im sorry guys but we continue to have a line that can't get to the QB, and gets ZERO penatration. Yeah we had 5 sacks, but their oline is horrible. Every year we continue to see good DTs in the draft that could help but were drafting to low to have any chance at them. FA? Hanyesworth is the only one worth it from a playing standpoint but we have zero chance at him, and with this commish would probabally get fined for taking him. The D is going to continue to suck untill we get some linemen that can get to the QB, and we have no chance at one unless we draft high.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569629' date='Oct 14 2007, 01:49 PM']english por favor?I can think of a couple without hesitation.[/quote]

it is in english. but i know my sentence structure is lousy. basically it is because i am deaf, and my first language is not english, it is american sign language, it have different sentence structure than english writing. it is common knowledge that deaf is bad in writing.

We are 2 games behind CLeveland and in last place

Everyone from the front office staff including Martha the receptionist to the ball boy should be fired, no team in the history of sports makes as many mistakes as this whole organization, every decision these clowns make turns out to be the wrong one, no way that its just a coincidence, you have to work pretty damn hard to be this bad

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569617' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:45 PM']I know Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, I hope we dont go on any kind of winning streak and end up drafting top 5. We have far too many needs and need impact players on D badly, every year we watch as stud DTs keep getting taken that we have no chance at, well tank the season now because we have no shot, and get us a damned DT that can get some freaking penatration, and a LB with the 2nd pick.[/quote]

I haven't reached that point yet. If we can get Jeanty, Miller, and Brooks back on defense, that should at least help turn things around. Dhani and Schlegal have been playing well and will bring added depth once the starters are back. The defense absolutely has to start stopping teams though. They can't get off the field on 3rd down to save their lives. Its rough when you have players like Adams, Indy Jones, and other scrubs on the field at the same time.

On offense, the o-line has to get their shit fixed. If it takes keeping in the TE's more, do it. Also, the playcalling still needs improving. At one point the defense gave up a TD and we came out and ran the ball 3 times, and then punted. We also need to be willing to pass the ball on 2nd/3rd and 1.

[quote name='Storm' post='569655' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:58 PM']We are 2 games behind CLeveland and in last place
Everyone from the front office staff including Martha the receptionist to the ball boy should be fired, no team in the history of sports makes as many mistakes as this whole organization, every decision these clowns make turns out to be the wrong one, no way that its just a coincidence, you have to work pretty damn hard to be this bad[/quote]
Yep

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569651' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:58 PM']Im sorry guys but we continue to have a line that can't get to the QB, and gets ZERO penatration. Yeah we had 5 sacks, but their oline is horrible. Every year we continue to see good DTs in the draft that could help but were drafting to low to have any chance at them. FA? Hanyesworth is the only one worth it from a playing standpoint but we have zero chance at him, and with this commish would probabally get fined for taking him. The D is going to continue to suck untill we get some linemen that can get to the QB, and we have no chance at one unless we draft high.[/quote]

Are you trying to say we should sign our own and build through the draft? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569651' date='Oct 14 2007, 04:58 PM']Im sorry guys but we continue to have a line that can't get to the QB, and gets ZERO penatration. Yeah we had 5 sacks, but their oline is horrible. Every year we continue to see good DTs in the draft that could help but were drafting to low to have any chance at them. FA? Hanyesworth is the only one worth it from a playing standpoint but we have zero chance at him, and with this commish would probabally get fined for taking him. The D is going to continue to suck untill we get some linemen that can get to the QB, and we have no chance at one unless we draft high.[/quote]

Looking back over the past 5-7 years. About 75% of DTs taken high in the draft have been complete and utter failures. I mean, very big busts. There are very very few who have panned out. I recall a year or two where there was a shitload of DTs taken high, and most all of them aren't even on teams now.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569661' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:01 PM']Are you trying to say we should sign our own and build through the draft? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img][/quote]

Your a fucking idiot.

Do you not read anything I post?

I dont have issue with FA, I have issue with taking 30+ year old players in FA that will break down.

I'd love Lance Briggs, he isnt 30+.
I would have loved Pat Williams, he isnt 30+ (but he didnt even give us a chance did he?)

I wouldnt mind hanyensworth, but he is a troubled player that we will not take a chance on.

So guess what that means? WE HAVE TO BUILD THOUGH THE DRAFT, WE HAVE NO CHOICE WHEN YOUNG IMPACT PLAYERS WOLNT COME HERE.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='569664' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:01 PM']Looking back over the past 5-7 years. About 75% of DTs taken high in the draft have been complete and utter failures. I mean, very big busts. There are very very few who have panned out. I recall a year or two where there was a shitload of DTs taken high, and most all of them aren't even on teams now.[/quote]Ask the Browns, and tehn the Broncos.I'm going to take my Do Your Job Bengals shirt out back and burn it, because it is worthless.[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569661' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:01 PM']Are you trying to say we should sign our own and build through the draft? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img][/quote]:rofl:I didn't even have to name any names!!!!

Archived