[quote name='bengals8580' post='570523' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:57 PM']Whenever I mention Marvin Lewis, certain ppl go nuts and defend him like no other.

I just want to know why. Please give me an explanation as to why he is untouchable.[/quote]

he's not untouchable, but when you come around starting threads stating "we should tank the season" you can't expect to get much respect or be taken seriously.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570523' date='Oct 15 2007, 12:57 PM']Whenever I mention Marvin Lewis, certain ppl go nuts and defend him like no other.

I just want to know why. Please give me an explanation as to why he is untouchable.[/quote]

he is a good well respected coach.

only fools ignore facts of situations and call for heads.

"hey marvin i know you have injuries and suspensions out the ass, but thats not important, the important thing is you didnt take hunters and insurance salesmen and make them pro bowl calibur LB's with your magic wond, so your fired"

outstanding plan.

and to pre-emp the charector draft picks. under tags, thurman henry and jojo total miss 2-4 games, the nazi rules and suspensions came after the picks, and the picks ahve been solid sense. jojo the only post goodall offender, and a single game missed.

It's probably similar to why some people go nuts and attack him like no other.

He may be well respected but he still has 0 playoff wins. And thurman and henry both had red flags in college. Jojo's suspension was probably bs but he didnt have any previous problems. Plus henry and odell had been busted numerous times, thats cause there is no discipline on this team.

Because in order to have hope in the season people need to believe he is a Superman. The world needs a hero.

He saved the team from the doldrums of the NFL, sort of. Now it looks like we are on the way back down. Hopefully it's just a brief hill in the roller coaster ride

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570546' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:15 PM']He may be well respected but he still has 0 playoff wins. And thurman and henry both had red flags in college. Jojo's suspension was probably bs but he didnt have any previous problems. Plus henry and odell had been busted numerous times, thats cause there is no discipline on this team.[/quote]

coaches can't hold player's hands 24/7. The discipline or lack of discipline on this team has nothing to do with what players choose to do in their own time.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570546' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:15 PM']He may be well respected but he still has 0 playoff wins. And thurman and henry both had red flags in college. Jojo's suspension was probably bs but he didnt have any previous problems. Plus henry and odell had been busted numerous times, thats cause there is no discipline on this team.[/quote]

thurman has one criminal violation, aside from that he missed some tests..

many many other teams ahve similar issues, hell with al lour arrests the chargers had MORE.

i guess theres no discipline in nashville either. none in chicago, none in pitstburgh, or every other team with a player issue.

give it a rest, youve been bitching on empty for nearly 24 hours.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='570553' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:20 PM']thurman has one criminal violation, aside from that he missed some tests..
many many other teams ahve similar issues, hell with al lour arrests the chargers had MORE.

i guess theres no discipline in nashville either. none in chicago, none in pitstburgh, or every other team with a player issue.
give it a rest, youve been bitching on empty for nearly 24 hours.[/quote]

How many of those teams have repeat offenders? Tank got released, and pac man is as much of a joke as henry. The 1st time henry got busted he shouldve been done. If not the 1st time, for sure the 2nd time. After Odell missed his tests, he shouldve been done as well.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570559' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:23 PM']How many of those teams have repeat offenders? Tank got released, and pac man is as much of a joke as henry. The 1st time henry got busted he shouldve been done. If not the 1st time, for sure the 2nd time. [b]After Odell missed his tests, he shouldve been done as well.[/b][/quote]

:lol: you're going to kick someone out of the league for missing two appointments?????? :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='570563' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:27 PM']:lol: you're going to kick someone out of the league for missing two appointments?????? :lol:[/quote]

the bengals shouldve gotten rid of him...they were kind of important. if to keep ur job u had to be somewhere at a certain time and u missed it, im pretty sure u would get fired. no different in the nfl

Dude, name one other person with the nads to even get us back in the playoffs. he's brought 10.000.000 things to this team than he has taken away. So lets hear it who do you think could carry his jock??? bottom line is, he is a perfect fit for the city and the team, and is not by any means the reason we're losing. At the moment he is in a difficult situation but mark my words when we get to the big game he'll be standing on the sideline in his signature stance coaching us to victory. IMO even if he has a few bad seasons he's still the best man for the job as long as he stays as commited as he is now, and the day he signed.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570767' date='Oct 15 2007, 08:07 PM']the bengals shouldve gotten rid of him...they were kind of important. if to keep ur job u had to be somewhere at a certain time and u missed it, im pretty sure u would get fired. no different in the nfl[/quote]
actually it is quite differant in the NFL these players don't live paycheck to paycheck like most ppl do. yea while I was working under a boss and missed 2 appointment there is a chance i would get canned. The NFL players on the other hand actually work under [b]contract[/b][u][/u] and are gauranteed money and teams make huge investments in them.

Damn, did I really have to explain that???

[quote name='bengals8580' post='570559' date='Oct 15 2007, 01:23 PM']How many of those teams have repeat offenders? Tank got released, and pac man is as much of a joke as henry. The 1st time henry got busted he shouldve been done. If not the 1st time, for sure the 2nd time. After Odell missed his tests, he shouldve been done as well.[/quote]

Sometimes you just keep a player that you know has the makings of a superstar..
He made some stupid decisions and he's paid for it.
When asked about Slim, TJ said "He really is a good dude..He'll be allright"
He seems to have cleaned his act up and now he gets the chance to prove to everyone why
they chose to stand by him.
Will you cheer for him if he catches a long one and ties or wins a game for them?
I suspect you will and will be thinking Im glad they kept Slim Shady....
I know I sure as fuck will .

Archived