85 dissin Marvin ?

Just wondered what some Bengal fans thought of Chad pushin Marvin Lewis away on the sideline. Saw this on the highlights and I would be pissed if I was a Cincy fan. What do you all think?? Are you all gettin tired of his antics yet?? Has anyone changed their opinion of CJ?? Or was it just a heat-of-the-moment thing?

I don't care if it was a heat of the moment thing. A successful coach is supposed to be a father figure to his players, and you don't do your Daddy like that.
It was disrespectful and uncalled for. I know Chad is frustrated with the losing and his perceived lack of involvement in the offense, but he needs to realize that not only is he a part of the problem, but he can be part of the solution as well.
Team up, Chad. It's the only way.

The only thing I have to go on is what I think other coaches would do - Belicheat, Dungy, etc. The guys that have been successful for several years. I'd have sent his ass to the showers right then. If you want to make an excuse to the media (injury, etc. whatever) that is fine to save face for him but he'd understand and realize that the buck stops with me and it is my way or the highway. The team would see that and gain respect for you because if it. Nobody is above the team, etc. They'd understand that the team is not a democracy - it is a dictatorship... and I'm the Dic. ;)

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='571839' date='Oct 17 2007, 09:38 AM']The only thing I have to go on is what I think other coaches would do - Belicheat, Dungy, etc. The guys that have been successful for several years. I'd have sent his ass to the showers right then. If you want to make an excuse to the media (injury, etc. whatever) that is fine to save face for him but he'd understand and realize that the buck stops with me and it is my way or the highway. The team would see that and gain respect for you because if it. Nobody is above the team, etc. They'd understand that the team is not a democracy - it is a dictatorship... and I'm the Dic. ;)[/quote]

I think it was a good chance for Marvin to take control of the team, as I feel he has lost a little bit.... sittin one of your star players on his ass would be a real eye-opener for the rest of the team. Even as a fan of the Steelers, I like Chad Johnson, but I think he lets his passion get the best of him a lotta times. It seems when thing are goin good, that passion comes out great, with his end zone dances etc, but when they are bad he is more of a cancer to your team, ala shouting match with Marvin in 2005 playoffs, and this... not that it was that big of a deal, but it does catch your eye when a player responds to the head coach in that manner.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='572102' date='Oct 17 2007, 04:09 PM']I think it was a good chance for Marvin to take control of the team, as I feel he has lost a little bit.... sittin one of your star players on his ass would be a real eye-opener for the rest of the team. Even as a fan of the Steelers, I like Chad Johnson, but I think he lets his passion get the best of him a lotta times. It seems when thing are goin good, that passion comes out great, with his end zone dances etc, but when they are bad he is more of a cancer to your team, ala shouting match with Marvin in 2005 playoffs, and this... not that it was that big of a deal, but it does catch your eye when a player responds to the head coach in that manner.[/quote]

I love Chad, i love his passion, his antics and his hard work. However from the things Ive heard from our insiders here, I'd bench him for at least 1 quarter to send a message as well. However this isnt going to happen just yet, with Henry out TJ being the only WR worth a damn when we need to win badly would be insane. If that happens again, and Henry is back and in game shape, I'd do it.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='571677' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:41 PM']I don't care if it was a heat of the moment thing. A successful coach is supposed to be a father figure to his players, and you don't do your Daddy like that.
It was disrespectful and uncalled for. I know Chad is frustrated with the losing and his perceived lack of involvement in the offense, but he needs to realize that not only is he a part of the problem, but he can be part of the solution as well.
Team up, Chad. It's the only way.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='frankie martin' post='572102' date='Oct 17 2007, 04:09 PM']I think it was a good chance for Marvin to take control of the team, as I feel he has lost a little bit.... sittin one of your star players on his ass would be a real eye-opener for the rest of the team. Even as a fan of the Steelers, I like Chad Johnson, but I think he lets his passion get the best of him a lotta times. It seems when thing are goin good, that passion comes out great, with his end zone dances etc, but when they are bad he is more of a cancer to your team, ala shouting match with Marvin in 2005 playoffs, and this... not that it was that big of a deal, but it does catch your eye when a player responds to the head coach in that manner.[/quote]
I was talking to one of my brothers-in-law yesterday and he said the same thing. He firmly believes that Marvin has lost this team. I guess at this point we don't know for sure but we will over the next three weeks...

He should have gotten into his ass though. Just my opinion. All the other stuff, whatever - but when your head coach, boss, dad, etc. try to grab your arm (basically get your attention) to speak with you, you give them your undivided attention. You don't pull away or blow them off - what would your boss do if you did that to him?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='571663' date='Oct 16 2007, 10:15 PM']it was more of a heat of the moment thing nothing more.[/quote]

At what point are some of you homers going to quit playing the "heat of the moment" card and realize that CJ is about CJ .... Because he has a fun, flamboyant personality, his antics are excused by many ..... he's like a toxic poison to your team in disguise.

[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/BlitzSteel/Bengalgirl.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Missing Link' post='577793' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:48 PM']At what point are some of you homers going to quit playing the "heat of the moment" card and realize that CJ is about CJ .... Because he has a fun, flamboyant personality, his antics are excused by many ..... he's like a toxic poison to your team in disguise.[/quote]

Says the outsider that is a fan of another team and has no idea what he is talking about.

[quote name='Missing Link' post='577793' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:48 PM']At what point are some of you homers going to quit playing the "heat of the moment" card and realize that CJ is about CJ .... Because he has a fun, flamboyant personality, his antics are excused by many ..... he's like a toxic poison to your team in disguise.

Are you next going to tell us you wouldn't want him on the Steelers?

[quote name='Missing Link' post='577793' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:48 PM']At what point are some of you homers going to quit playing the "heat of the moment" card and realize that CJ is about CJ .... Because he has a fun, flamboyant personality, his antics are excused by many ..... he's like a toxic poison to your team in disguise.

Are you next going to tell us you wouldn't want him on the Steelers?[/quote]

It's not a matter of "want" .... I could "want" all day long for things. It's a matter of selecting individuals that fit the personality of your team. CJ would NEVER be on the Steelers and it's not because he's not talented ..... only a fool would say that he's not. CJ would never be a Steeler because his character does not fit the foundation of what the pissburgh Steelers organization is all about or the type of players they want on their 53 man roster.

[quote name='Missing Link' post='578386' date='Oct 25 2007, 09:13 PM']It's not a matter of "want" .... I could "want" all day long for things. It's a matter of selecting individuals that fit the personality of your team. CJ would NEVER be on the Steelers and it's not because he's not talented ..... only a fool would say that he's not. CJ would never be a Steeler because his character does not fit the foundation of what the pissburgh Steelers organization is all about or the type of players they want on their 53 man roster.[/quote]

Yeah they dont want guys who talk alot. **cough** Joey Porter **cough**

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='578387' date='Oct 25 2007, 09:16 PM']Yeah they dont want guys who talk alot. **cough** Joey Porter **cough**[/quote]

Talking isn't what I'm referring to. It's the egocentric self-promoting sideline circus act that CJ puts on over and above what's in the best interest of his team.

... but I didn't have to tell you that .... you already knew.

I can't say that Missing Link is entirely off base here...Chad is certainly a distraction to a degree, and wouldn't fit in an organization like what the Steelers have unless he was willing to change his act. Randy Moss and the Patriots come to mind...and Corey Dillon and the Patriots...
Not that Chad is the cause of our ills right now, he isn't, but Marvin needs to reign him in some and for some reason isn't willing to do so (maybe it's because all our other available WR's suck ass or are injured and/or suspended in the face of us needing wins....just a guess).

[quote name='Bunghole' post='578449' date='Oct 25 2007, 10:53 PM']I can't say that Missing Link is entirely off base here...Chad is certainly a distraction to a degree, and wouldn't fit in an organization like what the Steelers have unless he was willing to change his act. Randy Moss and the Patriots come to mind...and Corey Dillon and the Patriots...
Not that Chad is the cause of our ills right now, he isn't, but Marvin needs to reign him in some and for some reason isn't willing to do so (maybe it's because all our other available WR's suck ass or are injured and/or suspended in the face of us needing wins....just a guess).[/quote]

Spot on post.

There's been times I've watched Chad's antics on TV and you could just see the embarassment on some of his teammates' faces. For once, I'd like to see a big dude like Justin Smith come up to Chad in the middle of one of his egocentric Kodak media moments and say, "Dude, you either knock the shit off right now ... or I'm going to bitch slap you right here, right now ... on live TV"

Could you even imagine that happening?

Archived