Rutgers will beat USF tonight...

[quote name='mtrbur' post='572944' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:38 PM']He stuck his hands in his back and created separation... :shrug:[/quote]

Whatever. He barely touched the guy, and the Defender
looked like he was lost on the field anyway. He wasn`t
even looking to make a play on the ball.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='572950' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:39 PM']Whatever. He barely touched the guy, and the Defender
even looking to make a play on the ball.[/quote]

was clearly a penalty... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='572950' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:39 PM']Whatever. He barely touched the guy, and the Defender

It was almost as lame a call as the OPI against Heap.

:ninja:

[quote name='oldschooler' post='572950' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:39 PM']Whatever. He barely touched the guy, and the Defender

Old I agree that the defender never had a play on the ball, his own momentum was going to carry him beyond the reach of the ball. But the WR should have just made a play on the ball instead of extending both arms then coming back toward the ball. By no means can I call it a bad officiating call. Just bad execution by the WR. He did not need to extend his arms and create the perception of separation.

[quote name='mtrbur' post='572952' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:41 PM']was clearly a penalty... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img][/quote]

Yeah, in your biased opinion in was. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Like I said, I didn`t have a horse in the race though.
I didn`t care who won. I was just wanting to see
a good game. Which it was. But that was a ticky tack call.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='572956' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:46 AM']Old I agree that the defender never had a play on the ball, his own momentum was going to carry him beyond the reach of the ball. But the WR should have just made a play on the ball instead of extending both arms then coming back toward the ball. By no means can I call it a bad officiating call. Just bad execution by the WR. He did not need to extend his arms and create the perception of separation.[/quote]
this sums it up for me...

[quote name='Actium' post='572954' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:44 PM']It was almost as lame a call as the OPI against Heap.
:ninja:[/quote]

Not even close !

The OPI call on Heap was lamer !

:ninja:

[quote name='Phatcat' post='572956' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:46 PM']Old I agree that the defender never had a play on the ball, his own momentum was going to carry him beyond the reach of the ball. But the WR should have just made a play on the ball instead of extending both arms then coming back toward the ball. By no means can I call it a bad officiating call. Just bad execution by the WR. He did not need to extend his arms and create the perception of separation.[/quote]

Oh I agree. But it was still ticky tack. Because it
really didn`t make him be able to make the play.
He would have made it either way.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='572963' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:50 PM'][b]I guess taking away 10 points from USF is to be expected ...
Refs must have placed some bank in Vegas -_- [/b][/quote]

Admittedly, I only saw the last 10 minutes (game clock) of the 4th quarter. But of the play in question, I can see both sides.

Should be a good game in 2 weeks with UC. Are you going to make the trip?

[quote name='Phatcat' post='572969' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:58 PM']Admittedly, I only saw the last 10 minutes (game clock) of the 4th quarter. But of the play in question, I can see both sides.

Should be a good game in 2 weeks with UC. Are you going to make the trip?[/quote]

[b]refs also took away a TD on the blocked FG ... which was crap.

I was planning on heading to the game ... now I'll have to see [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='572974' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:04 AM'][b]refs also took away a TD on the blocked FG ... which was crap.
I was planning on heading to the game ... now I'll have to see [/b][/quote]
ok i wanted USF to win, but that was DEFINITELY an illegal forward pass. he fuckin launched it forward knowing he was going donw.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='572688' date='Oct 18 2007, 05:54 PM'][b]quoted for when reality takes place. [/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] On to the next bandwagon BJ?

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='572974' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:04 AM'][b][color="#FF0000"]refs also took away a TD on the blocked FG ... which was crap.[/color]
I was planning on heading to the game ... now I'll have to see [/b][/quote]

No, it was the right call. The second "fumble" was very intentional. And I was an unbiased observer last night.

I am disappointed in a way that USF lost, because had they gone undefeated, I don't think that the BCS could justify not giving them a spot in the NC game, especially since I don't think there'd be any other undefeated teams. If they had made it there, it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the BCS people that the current system is foolish. Now that they lost, they can put them down to the mid teens or whatever, and at the end of the year, it'll be two traditional schools and they can say "Well, the system worked".

Oh well. :mellow:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='573156' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:48 AM']I am disappointed in a way that USF lost, because had they gone undefeated, I don't think that the BCS could justify not giving them a spot in the NC game, especially since I don't think there'd be any other undefeated teams. If they had made it there, it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the BCS people that the current system is foolish. Now that they lost, they can put them down to the mid teens or whatever, and at the end of the year, it'll be two traditional schools and they can say "Well, the system worked".

Oh well. :mellow:[/quote]
they are in a BCS conference, if they were undefeated they pretty much get an automatic bid in the national championship. theres no conspiracy theory about it or anything

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='573278' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:46 PM']That's my point. USF in the NC game would be the BCS' worst nightmare. And it might have made them come to their senses that the system needs a huge overhaul.[/quote]
no its not. if USF was in a non BCS conference that would be their nightmare. They did let boise state play in a bcs game last year.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='573071' date='Oct 19 2007, 10:04 AM']theres room on UK's bandwagon still....[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]good thing I also root for South Carolina ....

who'd they beat again ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/b][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived