If I see one more Bengal smiling while we are losing

Nothing raises my level of pisstivity more than seeing some Bengals laughing on the sidelines or chatting with the other team coaches during the game. Granted, I know the NFL is a small fraternity, but come on, they need to have the decency to wait until the game is over. To me it gives the perception that they don't really care. During the game, Dexter Jackson was skinning and grinning with Mike Tomlin. WTF :angry: ? Last year at the Indy game, Deltha was on the sidelines laughing and giggling like a 12 year old girl text messaging. This shit needs to stop yesterday.

if i have a total shit day at work.. i giggle like a school girl and BS in downtime too..

i dont get why this not only bothers you, but matters at all..

no one on that field is playing for anything other than a paycheck, no ones playing for school spirit, and its not homecoming weekend. its the 9-5.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='581574' date='Oct 29 2007, 11:29 PM']quote name='Jamie_B' date='Oct 29 2007, 11:00 PM' post='581561']
Your going to do what?

:angry: .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//14.gif[/img] .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] ....[/quote]

thats about all we can do -_-

Brett Favre just threw an 82yrd TD pass in overtime....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a hell of a throw hitting the receiver right on the numbers....
this will go down as one of his greatest games.....
great pass from favre..jennings never broke stride...
damn that was something..

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='581604' date='Oct 30 2007, 12:31 AM']Funny thing..
John Lynch came out with injury and the Broncos had 10 or 12 men on the field 3 times resulting in penalties... Lynch is the designated counter I suppose....
wonder who it is on the bengals? I allwasys thought it was the MLB but maybe not.[/quote]
well they just moved DJ WIlliams to MLB right? im sure they gave it to a vet that was in his natural position.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='581618' date='Oct 30 2007, 01:00 AM']Half of them don't give a fuck.

Smith is at the top of that list.[/quote]

I honestly dont think he can do anymore than he does.

Purely for the fact that this is a HUGE year for him contractually speaking, and he isnt any better than he ever has been. I seriously think his plateau is what we have seen out of him.

He would have been a great second round pick with his numbers, but he will forever be a bust at #4 overall as a DE.

I would venture to say that DLine is the hardest group to pick out the winners ahead of time, as it seems many dont live up to potential, and many others exceed it who were lower round picks/FAs.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='581541' date='Oct 29 2007, 10:29 PM']if i have a total shit day at work.. i giggle like a school girl and BS in downtime too..

no one on that field is playing for anything other than a paycheck, no ones playing for school spirit, and its not homecoming weekend. its the 9-5.[/quote]

I just don't believe that. Playing for paychecks is what the Carl Pickens' of the world did. Marvin was supposed to put a little pride, passion, and fire into the team. I think he did that the first few years (except with Dillon). I do not believe the Patriots are playing for paychecks. I also don't believe the Steelers are playing for paychecks.

And while I appreciate your comparison to your real life, it's tough to draw real world comparisons to pro football. You aren't making millions, people aren't paying a lot of money for season tickets to watch you perform... The list is long, and gets pointless. Fans have a personal, and financial investment in the Bengals. It stings when the success of the team doesn't appear to matter as much to the guys getting lots of money as it does to the people paying it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I have a hard time believing you would spend your time at work giggling like a school girl when everything around you is a total mess. If you did, I think you could understand why customers, or employers, might get a little annoyed.

[quote name='mongo' post='581660' date='Oct 30 2007, 07:00 AM']I just don't believe that. Playing for paychecks is what the Carl Pickens' of the world did. Marvin was supposed to put a little pride, passion, and fire into the team. I think he did that the first few years (except with Dillon). I do not believe the Patriots are playing for paychecks. I also don't believe the Steelers are playing for paychecks.

And while I appreciate your comparison to your real life, it's tough to draw real world comparisons to pro football. You aren't making millions, people aren't paying a lot of money for season tickets to watch you perform... The list is long, and gets pointless. Fans have a personal, and financial investment in the Bengals. It stings when the success of the team doesn't appear to matter as much to the guys getting lots of money as it does to the people paying it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I have a hard time believing you would spend your time at work giggling like a school girl when everything around you is a total mess. If you did, I think you could understand why customers, or employers, might get a little annoyed.[/quote]
I'm with you. It does piss me off when I see that. I think "What the hell are you laughing about, player X, we're getting killed out there!!!"
But, what are ya gonna do....run out onto the field and smack them upside the helmet?
:lol:

[quote name='mongo' post='581660' date='Oct 30 2007, 09:00 AM']I don't know what you do for a living, but I have a hard time believing you would spend your time at work giggling like a school girl when everything around you is a total mess. If you did, I think you could understand why customers, or employers, might get a little annoyed.[/quote]
If I have a bad day at the office and my boss gets mad because I smile and joke around at lunch, I'd be just as pissed right back at him for telling me how to spend my free time.
People even smile at funerals...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='581541' date='Oct 29 2007, 10:29 PM']if i have a total shit day at work.. i giggle like a school girl and BS in downtime too..

no one on that field is playing for anything other than a paycheck, no ones playing for school spirit, and its not homecoming weekend. its the 9-5.[/quote]
Go, you are so right. When we realize that this shit means more to us than the players, we will then begin to
understand that winning and losing isn't what consumes most players..

Archived