Chad Injury

[quote name='Jeb' post='586675' date='Nov 5 2007, 01:53 PM']It sounds like Lapham is right about this. Its a common injury to the disks. Plus we already know he has cervical bone spurs that need surgery. He's been dropping easy catches. Even wide open. Its likely he has some numbness to his hands and he should have had the surgery back when it happened. I wouldn't admit numbness to my coaches if I had it. Plus, the team needed him. Now Henry can take over and Chad can get the surgery and get healthy again.

My ex wife was a nurse. She thought I was faking a lower back injury (with nerve damage in my leg). So, she said she wanted to test me to see how bad it was. I stuck my foot over the bed and she probed me with a needle. No response but she kept at it. The next morning, I had blood all over the sheets of the bed from her needle probe the night before. The bottom of my foot had all these scabs from the different holes. I didn't feel a thing.[/quote]

* in irrational make no sense tone*

IR HIS ASS HE OBVIOUSLY ISNT COMING BACK!!!!111111

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='586687' date='Nov 5 2007, 02:08 PM']I'm glad we agree on the second, but I still think its completely ridiculous to maintain he faked the injury and it was merely his "ego" that was "broken" in ShitStorm's words. I really am ashamed of a lot of people in this town who are trying to say he was sandbagging.[/quote]

i supose my stance is, that he was hurt, but fine, and let it go to that as a result of frustration and shit play...chad cant handle being disliked, at all, and it shows, after this game, he was going to be otrched from all angles, and he found a safety net...

\there is a reason his current injury was even revealed, tj played with a bad spine and rudi a back back all year last year.. not a work as you dont want to be head hunted on those injuries..

I don't by this "faking or just mailed it in idea". As I said in another thread I watched the first half again and Chad took 3 shots to the head. The first one was his first pass completion, it was more over the middle and Chad jumped up jawing. The second was a quick slant, and fuck I can't remember the third one, I think it was a short curl route and the linebacker hit as he was being heldup/tackled by two other defenders. All were very hard hits of either helmet on helmet or shoulder to Chads helmet. And that doesn't include the out pattern where he sacrificed his head to keep his toes in and the play he went out on a stretcher in the 2nd half.

Chad took some serious abuse and with the cervical bone spurs, I be he was sore. And when you are fatigued that is when damage can be done.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='586703' date='Nov 5 2007, 02:30 PM']\there is a reason his current injury was even revealed, tj played with a bad spine and rudi a back back all year last year.. not a work as you dont want to be head hunted on those injuries..[/quote]

I suspect you are right. He will be on IR very soon and he knows it so he doesn't mind telling the world about his problems now.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='586711' date='Nov 5 2007, 02:35 PM']I don't by this "faking or just mailed it in idea". As I said in another thread I watched the first half again and Chad took 3 shots to the head. The first one was his first pass completion, it was more over the middle and Chad jumped up jawing. The second was a quick slant, and fuck I can't remember the third one, I think it was a short curl route and the linebacker hit as he was being heldup/tackled by two other defenders. All were very hard hits of either helmet on helmet or shoulder to Chads helmet. And that doesn't include the out pattern where he sacrificed his head to keep his toes in and the play he went out on a stretcher in the 2nd half.

Chad took some serious abuse and with the cervical bone spurs, I be he was sore. And when you are fatigued that is when damage can be done.[/quote]

He also got banged up last week when he landed face first on the ground without his helmet on.

(rough translation of about %50 or more of the posts after a loss)

Let's trade Chad, then fire Marvin Lewis, too. Then all we have to do is make Doug Johnson the starting QB, and the Bengals will go back to being the laughingstock of the NFL and I won't have to be tortured by the idea of success by others when I am such a total and complete loser. You see, the truth is, I just basically suck at life, so it really pisses me off when I see other people succeed. I only became a Bengal fan because they were yet another example of losing in my life. Now that they have potential I feel threatened because someday they might actually achieve something.. This can't be allowed to happen. The Bengals losing provides the validation I need to keep convincing myself that my shitty attitude is a result of bad circumstances, rather than the cause of them. Please, let the Bengals go back to being 2-14, because otherwise I might turn the vitriol and criticism I reserve for them on myself, and realize what a miserable god damn turd of a person I really am.I am going to have to start rooting for the Dolphins if Marvin isn't gone after this season.

(end translation)

[quote name='T-Dub' post='586868' date='Nov 5 2007, 07:06 PM'](rough translation of about %50 or more of the posts after a loss)

Let's trade Chad, then fire Marvin Lewis, too. Then all we have to do is make Doug Johnson the starting QB, and the Bengals will go back to being the laughingstock of the NFL and I won't have to be tortured by the idea of success by others when I am such a total and complete loser. You see, the truth is, I just basically suck at life, so it really pisses me off when I see other people succeed. I only became a Bengal fan because they were yet another example of losing in my life. Now that they have potential I feel threatened because someday they might actually achieve something.. This can't be allowed to happen. The Bengals losing provides the validation I need to keep convincing myself that my shitty attitude is a result of bad circumstances, rather than the cause of them. Please, let the Bengals go back to being 2-14, because otherwise I might turn the vitriol and criticism I reserve for them on myself, and realize what a miserable god damn turd of a person I really am.I am going to have to start rooting for the Dolphins if Marvin isn't gone after this season.

(end translation)[/quote]

What a dumb post.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='586916' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:21 PM']What a dumb post.[/quote]

yet, not far off. As Lance said today, "I don't know about you, but this (making fun of the Bengals for being 2-6) is much more fun than being 9-0." And no, he wasn't laughing when he said it.

He also agreed with a caller that said to bring Tory James back.

All that in the 30 seconds I listened to.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='585879' date='Nov 4 2007, 05:45 PM']honestly, i dont think hes that hurt....I hope he isnt but when it happened, i didnt think he would need to be carried off the field.[/quote]

Weird...I thought the same thing when David Pollack's career ended*.

*Until I see otherwise.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='587148' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:03 PM']yet, not far off. As Lance said today, "I don't know about you, but this (making fun of the Bengals for being 2-6) is much more fun than being 9-0." And no, he wasn't laughing when he said it.

He also agreed with a caller that said to bring Tory James back.

All that in the 30 seconds I listened to.[/quote]

You know I really cant say Im supprised. The man would be a tool, if he wasnt such a moron.

Archived