Please Pray For Me.

Please pray my town and I.
Three of my friends have passed away in the past month.
One got shot robbing a house, because the guy who owned the house owed my friend money for drugs, and he told him to go to the house to take stuff to compensate for the money then came to the house and shot my friend.
One died of a drug overdose.
The last was burned to death working on his car.
Life is getting a little stressful to handle right now.
Keep me & these families in your prayers.

[quote name='whodey319' post='588909' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:20 AM']its horrible anytime you lose a friend, [color="#FF0000"]you need to find some friends not in the drug business though.[/color]

my roommate in college got shot and killed in a drug deal gone bad.[/quote]

:contract:

I'm not trying to be an asshole like some people on here..

I will pray for you to realize one of the few things you have control over in your life is the people you surround yourself with.. Choose the right people, and you may fluorish.. Choose the wrong ones, and you have what you are posting about here.

Change your environment as best you can.. By changing the people you depend on, and those who inspire you, and you can turn this horrible tragedy into a lessen you will benefit from for the rest of your life.

The choice is yours... It won't be easy. In fact it may be the hardest thing you have ever done.. But nothing worth doing is ever easy.

[quote name='Lucid' post='589470' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:29 PM']I'm not trying to be an asshole like some people on here..

I will pray for you to realize one of the few things you have control over in your life is the people you surround yourself with.. Choose the right people, and you may fluorish.. Choose the wrong ones, and you have what you are posting about here.

Change your environment as best you can.. By changing the people you depend on, and those who inspire you, and you can turn this horrible tragedy into a lessen you will benefit from for the rest of your life.

The choice is yours... It won't be easy. In fact it may be the hardest thing you have ever done.. But nothing worth doing is ever easy.[/quote]

Word.

Wow, nice how someone asks for nice thoughts and then gets lectured over the internet. :rolleyes:

GL OG I know how it is to lose close friends when they're young, you never quite get over it but I know I learned alot about being thankful. Crazy to see how quickly life can be snatched away from someone. I also know what its like to have friends with drug problems. Ignore the old farts here, don't turn your back on them.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='589484' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:43 PM']Wow, nice how someone asks for nice thoughts and then gets lectured over the internet. :rolleyes:

GL OG I know how it is to lose close friends when they're young, you never quite get over it but I know I learned alot about being thankful. Crazy to see how quickly life can be snatched away from someone.[/quote]

You're right.. Providing helpful advice is stupid.. I should have offered empty condolences and happy thoughts...

[quote name='Lucid' post='589487' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:47 PM']You're right.. Providing helpful advice is stupid.. I should have offered empty condolences and happy thoughts...[/quote]

well to be fair, you had one of the nicer responses

i was referring more to " learn how to get real friends. wow."

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='589512' date='Nov 8 2007, 06:12 PM']well to be fair, you had one of the nicer responses

i was referring more to " learn how to get real friends. wow."[/quote]
you would understand when she IMs me daily for advice and blows it all off and this stupid fucking shit continues to be a part of her life. at some point her brain needs to kick in.

Wow, i how would you feel if that was your child?
No matter what they have done or not they are still your child and you will love them unconditionally.
Think about their families.
Im not sure i have ever met so many unsympathetic people.
As a result, I dont think i'll be posting here anymore.

OG I think most see from your post you are sweet young lady and like to have fun. I don't have kids so I am not an expert but if my kid was running around with someone with issues I would be worried stiff. We just don't want to see you get hurt. Sorry about your friends though. -_-

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='589564' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:20 PM']Wow, i how would you feel if that was your child?
No matter what they have done or not they are still your child and you will love them unconditionally.
Think about their families.
Im not sure i have ever met so many unsympathetic people.
As a result, I dont think i'll be posting here anymore.[/quote]

OG, its fine to have sympathy that is very admireable, what most are saying is that surrounding yourself with these people will only lead you down bad roads.

I realize some of this your going to have to stubbornly figure out on your own, but I do wish you would try to take the advice of those who are older and have been there or seen it. Its not a lecture from an "old fart", its about saving you heartache at best and your life at worst.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='589575' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:41 PM']it doesnt come off as advice it comes off as cold-heartedness.[/quote]

OG I ran around some people very much like those you described and if I kept it up....I might not be here today. Nothing wrong with caring for these friends. You asked us to pray for you. I took it as asking for help and maybe some advice. ;)

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='589575' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:41 PM']it doesnt come off as advice it comes off as cold-heartedness.[/quote]

its not meant that way. Look Ive seen people who thought they could help just get involved in it themselves. Life is heard enough without a strong support group around you, when you surround yourself with those who arent strong enough to stay out of these things you just end up in the same place they are.

Archived