34 Attempts

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='591593' date='Nov 11 2007, 11:51 PM']32 worst defence in the league, but hey good job with that.[/quote]
So what?? 32nd defense or not they are second place in the division you can't deny it Jamie that win was HUGE for us... it gives us a 3-game lead on the Browns (we get the tiebreaker). The division should be ours but still a lot of football to be played. I'm glad your boys helped us out by pretty much knockin' Baltimore out of the division hunt. ;) :P Just wish I could see us play a full game.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='591682' date='Nov 12 2007, 01:36 AM']Who said Derek Anderson is the "for real" qb. I think hes a huge fluke.[/quote]

No doubt, they just drafted Quinn and he ties up quite a bit of cap space for them.. I'm interested to see what happens there. Personaly, I love it that they screwed themselves

[quote name='big_dish' date='Nov 12 2007, 01:50 AM']If even a blind squirrel can find a nut, then a chubby wigger can attempt 34 passes sometimes as well.[/quote]

And make huge plays to win the game for us, not to mention having a better year than your qb (since my boy Jamie wants to talk stats.) ^_^

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='591593' date='Nov 11 2007, 10:51 PM']32 worst defence in the league, but hey good job with that.[/quote]

Thats all you've got?

Was it a huge comeback win or wasnt it?

Did his D/ST win the game or did he?

Did he not put up 5 TD's last week against the same defense that your boy could not score 1 against this week?

2nd highest passer rating in the league, 2nd most passing TD's in the league, 3rd highest YPA in the league...and he is a game manager...sure.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='591682' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:36 AM']Who said Derek Anderson is the "for real" qb. I think hes a huge fluke.[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=38614"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=38614[/url]

Well, a few of you guys did actually....here are a few snippets...

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='590549' date='Nov 11 2007, 01:41 PM']yup

[url="http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=americanfootball"]http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitio...mericanfootball[/url]

The Bengals game is too!!! :D :D :D

Anderson looks a lot like Palmer out there to be honest[/quote]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='590575' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:12 PM']Derek Anderson is making his way into top 5 QB territory, no joke...[/quote]

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='590576' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:13 PM']Good challenge by Crennel..
had to run out to the 30yrd line for officials to recognize the fact he threw the flag.
hummmmmmmmmm???
Browns will need all the points they can get early ...
Steelers will come back on the Brown defense ..hopefully the Browns can hold on.
Derek Anderson is the real deal... what to do with Quinn now???[/quote]

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='590577' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:14 PM']What's funny is that now that Anderson is "for real" they still traded away next year's first round pick for Lady Quinn who may never start.[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='591847' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:00 AM']If your playing against the 32 ranked D and do that, then good for you. So I guess if that makes him "OMG GOOD" does that mean our D is "OMG GOOD" because we kept the ravens to 7?

Exactly.[/quote]

This is about what I expected. Just keep spouting the same nonsense despite everything. That "32nd ranked" defense was apparently good enough to beat the Bengals. How did Palmer's comeback attempt end in that game?

Ben threw 5 TD's and had a perfect passer rating against the 5th ranked Ravens defense. Spin that one. And before you start with the "he only threw 16 times" garbage, ask yourself this....if in 16 passes you already have 209 yards, 5 TD's, and a 31 point lead, is there any concievable reason to keep throwing the ball?

[quote name='Actium' post='591853' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:13 AM']Ben looked very impressive and wouldn't let the team give up. Good for him.

No ninja.[/quote]

The Steelers tried like hell to lose that game, and Ben wouldnt let them.

[quote name='oftt4' post='591866' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:26 AM']This is about what I expected. Just keep spouting the same nonsense despite everything. That "32nd ranked" defense was apparently good enough to beat the Bengals. How did Palmer's comeback attempt end in that game?

Ben threw 5 TD's and had a perfect passer rating against the 5th ranked Ravens defense. Spin that one. And before you start with the "he only threw 16 times" garbage, ask yourself this....if in 16 passes you already have 209 yards, 5 TD's, and a 31 point lead, is there any concievable reason to keep throwing the ball?

The Steelers tried like hell to lose that game, and Ben wouldnt let them.[/quote]

And what happens when two bad D's go against each other? A shootout you say? It was a shootout too wasnt it? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='591875' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:34 AM']And what happens when two bad D's go against each other? A shootout you say? It was a shootout too wasnt it? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

It was a game ending interception too wasnt it? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='oftt4' post='591876' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:35 AM']It was a game ending interception too wasnt it? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

Yep, when you have such a bad D as we do you put too much on the O and mistakes are bound to happen.

Ben iz da greatest QB eva bcuz he threw 5 touchdowns against the ravens!1111

since Carson didn't he is the worst eva!111PWNEDPWNEDPWNED

Im sure Carson is getting paid more money for a reason...but what do i no?

[quote name='JC' post='591887' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:02 PM']Ben iz da greatest QB eva bcuz he threw 5 touchdowns against the ravens!1111

since Carson didn't he is the worst eva!111PWNEDPWNEDPWNED

[b]Im sure Carson is getting paid more money for a reason...but what do i no?[/b][/quote]

Fantastic argument, you must be a professor. Vick made more than Palmer last year...I guess he was the 2nd best QB in the league.

Could it possible be because Ben is still on his rookie contract? Nah, that couldnt be it.

And I never said Carson was the worst, or that Ben is the best "eva". I am simply continuing to defend my opinion(successfully I might add) that it is ridiculous to say that Ben "isnt in the same league as Palmer"

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='591882' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:46 AM']Yep, when you have such a bad D as we do you put too much on the O and mistakes are bound to happen.[/quote]

And being down 15 points, isnt putting any pressure on the O?

When the offense finally goes ahead, letting the opponent IMMEDIATELY go back in front with a return TD, isnt putting any pressure on the O?

The fact is that Palmer and the Bengals were scoring at will on the Browns...until it mattered.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='591904' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:40 PM']When I said "for real" I was being sarcastic. He's pretty overrated right now.[/quote]

My apologies.

I wouldnt say he is overrated...well, yeah I guess he is considering all of the attention he is getting...but he is pretty good. Just not the second coming like some pundits say.

[quote name='oftt4' post='591891' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:12 PM']Could it possible be because Ben is still on his rookie contract? Nah, that couldnt be it.[/quote]
So...umm since he is better then Carson..why haven't they extended him? The worst owner in sports..the one that doesn't open his wallet for anyone gave carson his money.

If Ben is better then Carson...why hasn't he got paid like it?

[quote]And I never said Carson was the worst, or that Ben is the best "eva". I am simply continuing to defend my opinion(successfully I might add) that it is ridiculous to say that Ben "isnt in the same league as Palmer"[/quote]

Okay...well you go ahead and go around the NFL and ask a handful of defensive players throughout the league and let me know your results!

[quote name='oftt4' post='591905' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:45 PM']My apologies.

I wouldnt say he is overrated...well, yeah I guess he is considering all of the attention he is getting...but he is pretty good. Just not the second coming like some pundits say.[/quote]
I think the biggest factor in his emergence is the fact that the Browns offensive line has been dominating. He has like all day to throw.

They have given up only 13 sacks all year long, and what's amazing is you guys I think had 6 in the first game. You can see what a difference pressure on him makes, his QB rating in that game was 65.

[quote name='oftt4' post='591891' date='Nov 12 2007, 01:12 PM']And I never said Carson was the worst, or that Ben is the best "eva". I am simply continuing to defend my opinion(successfully I might add) that it is ridiculous to say that Ben "isnt in the same league as Palmer"[/quote]
This is a lost cause Oftt... although I think Carson is the better quarterback, Ben is playing better than him this year. You aren't going to get them to admit it and that's fine... they can have the better quarterback, but they know who the better [b]team[/b] is, and that's good enough for me :D

[quote name='JC' post='591907' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:49 PM']So...umm since he is better then Carson..why haven't they extended him? The worst owner in sports..the one that doesn't open his wallet for anyone gave carson his money.

If Ben is better then Carson...why hasn't he got paid like it?[/quote]

The Steelers wait until the player has AT THE MOST 1 year left on their contacts before they renegotiate. They are getting Ben for a steal right now, why would they want to triple his cap hit if they dont need to? It is called smart business.

If Carson is a good as Vick, why didnt he get paid as much? See how stupid that sounds?

Ben will get his money this offseason, dont worry.

I just realized that you guys are down to "Well Carson makes more money" as an argument. That is frickin hilarious! Wow...I am guessing you are about one Roethlisberger pro bowl away from jumping off a bridge.

[quote name='JC' post='591907' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:49 PM']Okay...well you go ahead and go around the NFL and ask a handful of defensive players throughout the league and let me know your results![/quote]

Why dont you go ahead and do that for me. Let me know what you find out.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='591910' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:53 PM']This is a lost cause Oftt... although I think Carson is the better quarterback, Ben is playing better than him this year. You aren't going to get them to admit it and that's fine... they can have the better quarterback, but they know who the better [b]team[/b] is, and that's good enough for me :D[/quote]

I agree, with a caveat. Palmer is a better passer....Ben is a better QB.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='591909' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:51 PM']I think the biggest factor in his emergence is the fact that the Browns offensive line has been dominating. He has like all day to throw.

They have given up only 13 sacks all year long, and what's amazing is you guys I think had 6 in the first game. You can see what a difference pressure on him makes, his QB rating in that game was 65.[/quote]

I agree. Given time, most QBs can pick apart a secondary....he looked pretty bad in the second half when our D woke up.

Archived