Any chance for the buckeyes?

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='598073' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:15 PM']Won't really matter...I see Missouri winning tonight but losing to Oklahoma..Puts West Virginia vs Ohio State in the National Championship game.[/quote]

thats the way I see it too, though I'd laugh if WVU goes down and it ends up being Ohio State vs. Georgia.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='598083' date='Nov 24 2007, 01:51 PM']thats the way I see it too, though I'd laugh if WVU goes down and it ends up being Ohio State vs. Georgia.[/quote]

Yeah I don't know if that would happen.. If LSU wins the SEC title game and Georgia does not even play in the title game, how do you let Georgia play for a national championship?

[quote name='rizzy' post='598107' date='Nov 24 2007, 02:52 PM']Yeah I don't know if that would happen.. If LSU wins the SEC title game and Georgia does not even play in the title game, how do you let Georgia play for a national championship?[/quote]

probably not, but if west virginia loses today and Georgia wins, Georgia is likely sitting at #3 in the BCS come monday morning.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='598195' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:48 PM']So do I want Kansas or Missouri to win?[/quote]

as an OSU fan (I'm pretty sure you are), I'm rooting for a convincing Mizzou win so that everyone has at least 1 losss, and so that there is no way Kansas stays ahead of OSU due to a close loss to a top 5 team. Then I'm rooting for Oklahoma to crush Mizzou next week or for WVU to choke.

[quote name='rizzy' post='598107' date='Nov 24 2007, 02:52 PM']Yeah I don't know if that would happen.. If LSU wins the SEC title game and Georgia does not even play in the title game, how do you let Georgia play for a national championship?[/quote]
Kansas would be in a similar situation..Only 1 loss to a top 5 team but not playing in the championship game..

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='598227' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:59 PM']Kansas would be in a similar situation..Only 1 loss to a top 5 team but not playing in the championship game..[/quote]
Georgia has two losses...

And, as goofy as it'd be, if WV and Mizzou were to both lose this weekend then you'd have an OSU v. Georgia NC game. With Georgia not even playing for their conference championship... how screwed up is that.

Having said that - Florida is the best team in the SEC right now. Too bad they lost 3 close SEC games and can't play for anything. Can't you tell how bad I'm hurting from that - I'm crying in my beer right now... :ninja:

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='599699' date='Nov 26 2007, 01:13 PM']Georgia has two losses...

And, as goofy as it'd be, if WV and Mizzou were to both lose this weekend then you'd have an OSU v. Georgia NC game. With Georgia not even playing for their conference championship... how screwed up is that.

Having said that - Florida is the best team in the SEC right now. Too bad they lost 3 close SEC games and can't play for anything. Can't you tell how bad I'm hurting from that - I'm crying in my beer right now... :ninja:[/quote]

How you think your boys will do against LSU this weekend?

[quote name='sigshoota' post='599852' date='Nov 26 2007, 05:34 PM']How you think your boys will do against LSU this weekend?[/quote]
Depends entirely on which LSU shows up. The one that still wants to represent and win their way into a BCS game and finish in the top 5 - they'll win by 17 or more.

Or, the LSU that was #1 and 2 wins away from the NC game that is now out of it and has "nothing" to play for since the NC game which was there one week ago is now gone - we'll win. But will be a tight game.

My gut tells me they'll be down and dejected since the NC game is no longer an opportunity after they saw themselves in it I think we have a real opportunity to win the game. Hey - the same Arkansas team that went to Baton Rouge and scored 50 and beat LSU came to Rocky Top 3 weeks ago and got beat 34-13 and McFadden had like 120 total yards, but only 30 at the half (the others were garbage yards after the outcome was decided).

We'll see - Tennessee is happy with the opportunity to win the SEC. LSU is dejected as they expected this opportunity and just lost the bigger National Championship opportunity.

I have no team in this hunt, but I see WVU taking it to the house no matter whom they play. They won't lose to Pitt, so they're in the NC game. The question is still: who will be the opponent?
Missouri hasn't been there before (I think) so I am rooting for them and I think they can beat Oklahoma.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='591739' date='Nov 12 2007, 05:23 AM'][b]Not after they lose to Michigan ^_^ [/b][/quote]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='591795' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:15 AM']They're finished for the NC game. They just need to go up to Ann Arbor this weekend and take care of business and get to the Rose Bowl... Essentially, this game is for the Big Ten title, correct? Since Michigan has only one conference loss (Wisconsin)...

That'll be a feat in and of itself.

Oklahoma will have its hands full with Missouri in the Big 12 champ game after Mizzou dispatches Kansas. But, obviously, one of those teams is going to stay put at 3 so if either of the top 2 were to faulter that 3rd slot is just going to slide up as it isn't like they're having to play garbage teams the rest of the way. They definitely won't get jumped over because of poor competition at this point.

You're NC game will likely be LSU v Oregon. LSU has Ole Miss @ Oxford which, either way, is a gimme. Then Arkansas, but they get them at Baton Rouge so they'll handle Arkansas just fine. Load up to stop McFadden and Jones and make Dick and their receivers beat you. Just like the Vols did Saturday. McFadden picked up about 100 garbage yards late in the 3rd and 4th quarters after UT was up by 24-27 points. They were conceding the run and allowing 4-5 yards a carry as long as they kept them inbounds and not giving the big play.

And, then LSU will play either Tennessee or Georgia in Atlanta and they'll beat either of those teams, unless we just pull something out our ass and win a crazy one...[/quote]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='595994' date='Nov 18 2007, 10:56 PM']:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the big ten is FUCKING garbage this year. fucking homer douchebags.[/quote]

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='596023' date='Nov 18 2007, 11:11 PM']Suuuuure they are..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] Naturally, the big 10 is the best conference in the world! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

You guys were saying??/

Oh yeah, OSU is in the national championship!!!!! You all can thank me for starting this thread.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='602386' date='Dec 2 2007, 04:02 AM']You guys were saying??/

Oh yeah, OSU is in the national championship!!!!! You all can thank me for starting this thread.[/quote]
mizzou lost, i dont give a shit about that. but wvu because of a mother fucking dislocated thumb. what a gay way for that to happen.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602389' date='Dec 2 2007, 04:19 AM']mizzou lost, i dont give a shit about that. but wvu because of a mother fucking dislocated thumb. what a gay way for that to happen.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Archived