Its Michigan Week

Ben

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='594371' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:03 PM']where did tressel used to coach ? he's a good fucking coach. never heard of him till he came to Ohio State.[/quote]

He won 4 Division I-AA championships at Youngstown State. He was also a coach at OSU under Earl Bruce.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='594371' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:03 PM']where did tressel used to coach ? he's a good fucking coach. never heard of him till he came to Ohio State.[/quote]

Youngstown St.

He won 3 D 1AA champs and played in another.
He was 135-57-2 overall there.

Jason did he win 4?

[quote name='sigshoota' post='594376' date='Nov 17 2007, 04:07 PM']Youngstown St.

He won 3 D 1AA champs and played in another.
He was 135-57-2 overall there.

[b]Jason did he win 4?[/b][/quote]

I am [s]99.99999999999999999999999[/s]100% sure it was 4.

Confirmed at his Wikipedia page.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='594368' date='Nov 17 2007, 09:01 PM'][b]Jake Long = Vernon Gholston's bitch[/b]

Hell, Michigan's Oline = Gholston's bitches[/quote]
And some of you fuckers wonder why I want the Bengals to have a top 5 draft pick?!?!

What a great game for OSU. :headbang:

I can be happy for another 12 months -_-

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='594482' date='Nov 18 2007, 04:38 AM']well then its a good thing you aren't :)[/quote]
Yeah, I'd hate to have a kid that talented across from Geathers.

Top 5 might be a stretch. But if you're going to pretend he doesn't go first round, I think you are nuts. The kid is a stud.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='594485' date='Nov 17 2007, 11:42 PM']Yeah, I'd hate to have a kid that talented across from Geathers.

Top 5 might be a stretch. But if you're going to pretend he doesn't go first round, I think you are nuts. The kid is a stud.[/quote]
He is good...but it wasn't like he was beating Jake Long all day...he beat him once that i can recall. The rest of the day he was running around the other tackle and then did a stunt into the middle.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='594485' date='Nov 17 2007, 11:42 PM']Yeah, I'd hate to have a kid that talented across from Geathers.

Top 5 might be a stretch. But if you're going to pretend he doesn't go first round, I think you are nuts. The kid is a stud.[/quote]

IF he comes out, he'd be a late first at best. I still think he'll be a second unless he blows everyone away at the combine? Top 5? Gimme a break.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have Gholston. But to reach that high for him is silly. Not to mention we won't have a top 5 pick.

I also worry that Gholston doesn't have enough moves for the NFL. He relies on his speed and power a lot. You don't see him spinning or any other kinds of moves much. He does have a nice swim move though. I'd be happy with either he or Ellis in the second. Gholston is stronger and faster, but I think Ellis is more polished at this point. Tressel has even called Gholston very raw.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='594542' date='Nov 18 2007, 01:33 PM']IF he comes out, he'd be a late first at best. I still think he'll be a second unless he blows everyone away at the combine? Top 5? Gimme a break.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have Gholston. But to reach that high for him is silly. Not to mention we won't have a top 5 pick.

I also worry that Gholston doesn't have enough moves for the NFL. He relies on his speed and power a lot. You don't see him spinning or any other kinds of moves much. He does have a nice swim move though. I'd be happy with either he or Ellis in the second. Gholston is stronger and faster, but I think Ellis is more polished at this point.[b] Tressel has even called Gholston very raw.[/b][/quote]
Raw = good in the NFL though, to some extent. You don't want a kid who's peaked. You want a guy who's going to get stronger, smarter, and better.

I like Gholston. I dunno shit about the draft. So again, if I overspoke in my glee last night, so be it. I'd just love to see the guy in stripes on Sundays next season.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='594603' date='Nov 18 2007, 11:23 AM']Raw = good in the NFL though, to some extent. You don't want a kid who's peaked. You want a guy who's going to get stronger, smarter, and better.

I like Gholston. I dunno shit about the draft. So again, if I overspoke in my glee last night, so be it. I'd just love to see the guy in stripes on Sundays next season.[/quote]

fair enough, I think we can both agree that Gholston is a stud. :thumbsup: I just think he'd be available in the 2nd, and we can get a stud DT (or Lauranaitis B) ) in round 1.

Personally, I'd be happy with Sedrick Ellis in the 1st, Chris Ellis in the 2nd, and Lauranaitis and Gholston (and Jenkins) stay in school. :) Now I know we can agree on that!

Archived