***The Official West Virginia @ UC game thread***

Rumble In the Jungle

Mauk is a very good quarterback. I remember him when he was in high school, he broke all kinds of ohio high school records. How awesome would it be if Cincy made a BCS bowl and along the way they knocked off West Virginia to make way for a Ohio St national championship in the craziest year of college football ever?

[quote name='eskimo' post='594412' date='Nov 17 2007, 08:40 PM']Mauk is a very good quarterback. I remember him when he was in high school, he broke all kinds of ohio high school records. How awesome would it be if Cincy made a BCS bowl and along the way they knocked off West Virginia to make way for a Ohio St national championship in the craziest year of college football ever?[/quote]

I agree that he's a very good QB. However to be fair, he broke a lot of those records because his dad was his coach and left him in blowouts to pad his stats and help his recruiting stock. I remember there being a big hub-bub about it when he was a senior.

Good comeback by the Cats, it was just too late. They looked as bad defending the option as OSU did last week.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='594479' date='Nov 17 2007, 11:26 PM'][b]I agree that he's a very good QB. However to be fair, he broke a lot of those records because his dad was his coach and left him in blowouts to pad his stats and help his recruiting stock. I remember there being a big hub-bub about it when he was a senior. [/b]

Good comeback by the Cats, it was just too late. They looked as bad defending the option as OSU did last week.[/quote]

um...every HS coach lets their teams run the score up in order to help their kids get scholarships.

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='594442' date='Nov 17 2007, 10:20 PM']WV is looking sharp. With Oklahoma losing and the Oregon loss, we just might get to that title game.[/quote]
OSU isnt going to jump WVU :049:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='594513' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:33 AM'][b]um...every HS coach lets their teams run the score up in order to help their kids get scholarships.[/b]

OSU isnt going to jump WVU[/quote]

for the most part, that's a complete bullshit statement and you know it (homer). As I recall, Mauk was in games passing late in the fourth up by 30 in many games. Again, I'm not trying to knock Mauk. Just stating it as it is.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='594513' date='Nov 18 2007, 02:33 AM']OSU isnt going to jump WVU[/quote]

if you'd pull your head out of your ass, you'd noticed that he's a WVU fan. But hey, you got your dig in on OSU right?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='594543' date='Nov 18 2007, 08:37 AM']for the most part, that's a complete bullshit statement and you know it (homer). As I recall, Mauk was in games passing late in the fourth up by 30 in many games. Again, I'm not trying to knock Mauk. Just stating it as it is.

[b]

if you'd pull your head out of your ass, you'd noticed that he's a WVU fan. But hey, you got your dig in on OSU right?[/b][/quote]
it wasnt a correction statement. it was a statement of joy :P i forgot to add the smiley.....my bad

Archived