Texas Tech upsets Oklahoma!

Jason

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='594541' date='Nov 18 2007, 08:27 AM']hopefully Bradford and Murray are alright. Now we need Oklahoma to win out and LSU to lose. Let's hope for Darrent McFadden to lock up the Heisman this week.[/quote]

Yup, definately an Oklahoma fan now, to win the Big 12. That would eliminate the big 12 for the Title chase. Then all we need is LSU to lose or WV to lose to UCONN next week.

[quote name='sigshoota' post='595933' date='Nov 18 2007, 09:14 PM']the pieces are falling into place.....[/quote]

Unfortunately at least 3 more pieces need to fall. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Even in this wild year.

[quote name='Jason' post='595960' date='Nov 18 2007, 10:04 PM']Unfortunately at least 3 more pieces need to fall. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Even in this wild year.[/quote]

I don't even see it as that unlikely. One of the 3 is guaranteed to happen next week in the kansas-mizzou game. Then we just need 2 of the three to happen: LSU loss, WVU loss, or Big 12 championship for Oklahoma.

IMO, things are falling in place nicely for a WVU-OSU title game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='595966' date='Nov 18 2007, 10:10 PM']I don't even see it as that unlikely. One of the 3 is guaranteed to happen next week in the kansas-mizzou game. Then we just need 2 of the three to happen: LSU loss, WVU loss, or Big 12 championship for Oklahoma.

IMO, things are falling in place nicely for a WVU-OSU title game.[/quote]

I think I'd rather play LSU than West Virginia. I don't think we would match up well with WVa.

[quote name='Jason' post='596136' date='Nov 19 2007, 08:37 AM']I think I'd rather play LSU than West Virginia. I don't think we would match up well with WVa.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind playing either of them. LSU would probably be a better matchup for the defense.

In west virginia, I'm not thrilled about playing another option team, but honestly I think Illinois is a better option team than WVU (I know some will disagree). With Juice and Mendenhall, you have speed AND size. White and Slaton are just speed. Yea they are shifty, but they don't break tackles like Juice and Mendenhall do. That was OSU's problem more than anything, Illinois breaking tackles. I also think our offense would matchup well with the WVU defense.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='596172' date='Nov 19 2007, 09:21 AM']I wouldn't mind playing either of them. LSU would probably be a better matchup for the defense.

[b]
In west virginia, I'm not thrilled about playing another option team, but honestly I think Illinois is a better option team than WVU (I know some will disagree). With Juice and Mendenhall, you have speed AND size. White and Slaton are just speed. Yea they are shifty, but they don't break tackles like Juice and Mendenhall do. [/b] That was OSU's problem more than anything, Illinois breaking tackles. I also think our offense would matchup well with the WVU defense.[/quote]
:lol:

Neither of them are close to as good as White or Slaton or Devine. Plus if you guys cant finish tackles then Owen Schmitt will destroy you. He is 260 pounds and runs a 4.5 and is the physical back they use in case the defense is able to stop White/Slaton/Devine from getting those long runs. No way in hell do you want to face WVU. They are the most dangerous 1 game teams because they have so many options to go with. If White and Slaton werent injured earlier this year then they would be undefeated. If my team was in the NC hunt I would want to face anyone but WVU.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='596354' date='Nov 19 2007, 01:31 PM']:lol:

Neither of them are close to as good as White or Slaton or Devine. Plus if you guys cant finish tackles then Owen Schmitt will destroy you. He is 260 pounds and runs a 4.5 and is the physical back they use in case the defense is able to stop White/Slaton/Devine from getting those long runs. No way in hell do you want to face WVU. They are the most dangerous 1 game teams because they have so many options to go with. If White and Slaton werent injured earlier this year then they would be undefeated. If my team was in the NC hunt I would want to face anyone but WVU.[/quote]

laugh all you want, doesn't make it any less true. The Illinois offense is playing as well as any offense in the country at the moment.

Archived