911 call: TX man shoots robbers with shotgun

Agent Orange

lol,

I also said that shooting them in the back was wrong.

the thread went off topic a bit, about shooting robbers and point shooting,

thats what i was talking about.

think as deep as you want,

I still dont care if the bad guy is young, or first time, if he means me or my family harm, hes is not going to get away with that.

[quote name='rudi32' post='600619' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:34 AM']lol,

I also said that shooting them in the back was wrong.

the thread went off topic a bit, about shooting robbers and point shooting,

thats what i was talking about.

think as deep as you want,

I still dont care if the bad guy is young, or first time, if he means me or my family harm, hes is not going to get away with that.[/quote]

K, hypothetical, and this is an honest question

You're sleeping, you're awakened by a noise downstairs. You grab your gun (I'm guessing you own one), and carefully go downstairs, where you see someone going through the drawers in your office. You point the gun at them and they put their hands in the air, there are no weapons visible. What do you do from this point?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600624' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:52 AM']K, hypothetical, and this is an honest question

You're sleeping, you're awakened by a noise downstairs. You grab your gun (I'm guessing you own one), and carefully go downstairs, where you see someone going through the drawers in your office. You point the gun at them and they put their hands in the air, there are no weapons visible. [b] What do you do from this point?[/b][/quote]
tell him to put his ass on the ground face first with his arms and legs spread. i would then call 911 and put the gun to the back of his head until the police arrived. if he made a move at all id hit him in the back of the head with the gun.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600627' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:58 AM']tell him to put his ass on the ground face first with his arms and legs spread. i would then call 911 and put the gun to the back of his head until the police arrived. if he made a move at all id hit him in the back of the head with the gun.[/quote]

I think I'd do something very similar to this for the record

if he surrenders like u said, then i make an arrest while i tell my wife to call 911.

hopefully my retired police dog takes care of him before i get there, and i get awaken by the sounds of chomping

but my old dog is 10 1/2 and isnt strong anymore.

oh well. i will get another one one day, after my daughter gets a little older.

nothing better than a trained protection dog, better than any alarm.

so i hope that answers ur question. u can not shoot someone unless they are a threat to your life , property is not a life.

my goal is to always have atleast 1 protection dog in my house. but the wife and insurance make it hard <_<

Yea it does. These are legit questions, I'm only 21 and obviously not a home owner nor do I have a family, so I can't say for sure what I'd do in these situations.

So, what if instead of putting his hands up, he tried to make a run for it? Let's say he had an open path to your front door.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600627' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:58 AM']tell him to put his ass on the ground face first with his arms and legs spread. i would then call 911 and put the gun to the back of his head until the police arrived. if he made a move at all id hit him in the back of the head with the gun.[/quote]

Ass on the ground, face first? I guess you interpreted the robber as some kind of butthead :ninja:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600643' date='Nov 28 2007, 02:45 AM']Yea it does. These are legit questions, I'm only 21 and obviously not a home owner nor do I have a family, so I can't say for sure what I'd do in these situations.

So, what if instead of putting his hands up, he tried to make a run for it? Let's say he had an open path to your front door.[/quote]

if the suspect runs away, i would secure my weapon and chase him down.

you can not shoot a fleeing suspect, unless ur life is in danger ....for example, the suspect is running away, but still shooting at u.

if the suspect ran toward me with my firearm out, i would do what I could not to shoot, but if he went for my weapon i would shoot,. at that time u could articulate that the suspect may have a chance to take your weapon or assault u.

hope that answers

[quote name='rudi32' post='600652' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:34 AM']if the suspect runs away, i would secure my weapon and chase him down.

you can not shoot a fleeing suspect, unless ur life is in danger ....for example, the suspect is running away, but still shooting at u.

if the suspect ran toward me with my firearm out, i would do what I could not to shoot, but if he went for my weapon i would shoot,. at that time u could articulate that the suspect may have a chance to take your weapon or assault u.

hope that answers[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote name='rudi32' post='600543' date='Nov 27 2007, 10:51 PM']tell that to sean taylor................

if someone is going to rob u, u better defend yourself

if u dont, then u are a sheep and they are the wolf.[/quote]

Sean Taylor also brought a knife to a gun fight.....

Heres my take, I have a shot gun that I also have for home protection. I have it unloaded but easily accessable in our room. We also have a plan if we are broken into. My wife is to take the phone and call 911 while getting into our bathroom. I grab the gun and we both lock ourselves in the bathroom, if someone opens that door they are going to get a 12g blast. I will not go looking for trouble, but if its me or them I'm gonna protect my wife and myself. I can buy another tv and dvd player. But if they go after my family I'm gonna stop them. The TX man went looking for it, he was repeatedly told by the dispatcher not to exit his house and he did anyway. If It were his house or they were going after him then by all means.

Do we know any more about the incident? When he went outside did he just shoot them or did he tell them to stop and get on the ground? Sounds like he just shot as they exited the house. Again, this is a slippery slope, the best is to avoid the situation. He or his family was not in direct danger therefore he should have let the police handle it. It sounds like they arrived in time to hear the shooting, they might have been able to catch the theives without anyone getting hurt. What this man did in this situation was wrong.

[quote name='Jumpy' post='600693' date='Nov 28 2007, 10:06 AM']Do we know any more about the incident? When he went outside did he just shoot them or did he tell them to stop and get on the ground?[/quote]

He yelled, "Your dead!" as a warning.

My neighbors (2 different households) are also my families best friends. We do eerything with them and love them just as much as our blood related siblings.
I have had to chase people away from their respective houses, and have done so while having my registered weapon on me (safed), after having called 911.
I have a weapon at home because I HAVE been burglarized by armed punks twice before. We lived in a "good neighborhood" too. People need to realize that there is no such thing as a "good and safe" neighborhood anymore... not with crack and meth around.
I was shot at once, and returned fire... and anyone that has been shot at KNOWS that you sure as hell don't care where you hit an idiot who's shot at you. The kid missed me and dropped his gun, and my shots evidently whizzed right past his ear. At least that's what he said when the Po-Po got there.
I do know that he pissed himself... he was 17.
The other time I put two punks on the ground and we waited until the Po-Po arrived... a sound of a shotgun round being chambered in the dark is a disquieting noise when someone isn't expecting it... they were both 16.
Both times, the kids had rap sheets a mile long already. I knew one of the kids dad's... they weren't poor, he was just a punk.
I wouldn't shoot someone as they were running away... as long as they kept on running.
I am of the same mind as Jumpy... they can have the possessions... but if they try to harm my family, I will shoot center mass first, then double tap their damn grape.

Bleeding hearts are fine... as long as they are not mine.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='600737' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:57 AM']My neighbors (2 different households) are also my families best friends. We do eerything with them and love them just as much as our blood related siblings.
I have had to chase people away from their respective houses, and have done so while having my registered weapon on me (safed), after having called 911.
I have a weapon at home because I HAVE been burglarized by armed punks twice before. We lived in a "good neighborhood" too. People need to realize that there is no such thing as a "good and safe" neighborhood anymore... [u][b]not with crack and meth around.[/b][/u]
I was shot at once, and returned fire... and anyone that has been shot at KNOWS that you sure as hell don't care where you hit an idiot who's shot at you. The kid missed me and dropped his gun, and my shots evidently whizzed right past his ear. At least that's what he said when the Po-Po got there.
I do know that he pissed himself... he was 17.
The other time I put two punks on the ground and we waited until the Po-Po arrived... a sound of a shotgun round being chambered in the dark is a disquieting noise when someone isn't expecting it... they were both 16.
Both times, the kids had rap sheets a mile long already. I knew one of the kids dad's... they weren't poor, he was just a punk.
I wouldn't shoot someone as they were running away... as long as they kept on running.
I am of the same mind as Jumpy... they can have the possessions... but if they try to harm my family, I will shoot center mass first, then double tap their damn grape.

Bleeding hearts are fine... as long as they are not mine.[/quote]

Shameless jab at the War on Drugs: If drugs weren't illegal, and therefore so expensive, there would be so many less house break-ins and robberies. -_-

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600746' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:17 PM']Shameless jab at the War on Drugs: If drugs weren't illegal, and therefore so expensive, there would be so many less house break-ins and robberies. -_-[/quote]

Shameless jab at drug users... if the dumbfucks would try to deal with reality vice escape it, there wouldn't be the need for drugs, which would lead to less crime, death...etc..

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='600750' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:29 PM']Shameless jab at drug users... if the dumbfucks would try to deal with reality vice escape it, there wouldn't be the need for drugs, which would lead to less crime, death...etc..[/quote]

You know what I compare the war on drugs to? Having a headache and trying to solve it by smashing your head against a brick wall, noticing that the problem is now worse because your head hurts more, then continuing to smash your head into said brick wall. At some point you have to realize maybe there's some other way to solve the problem.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600752' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:32 PM']You know what I compare the war on drugs to? Having a headache and trying to solve it by smashing your head against a brick wall, noticing that the problem is now worse because your head hurts more, then continuing to smash your head into said brick wall. At some point you have to realize maybe there's some other way to solve the problem.[/quote]
It's the drugs in the first place that are causing the problem, not that they aren't legalized.
Legal drugs means cheaper and more affordable drugs... which means more drug use, which means no lessening of robberies, break ins...etc.... but quite the contrary... a veritable explosion in such areas is what would be seen

I get so sick and tired of the "They should legalize drugs argument".... it's a farce.

The abuse of drugs is the problem...

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='600750' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:29 PM']Shameless jab at drug users... if the dumbfucks would try to deal with reality vice escape it, there wouldn't be the need for drugs, which would lead to less crime, death...etc..[/quote]

I realize you say this in jest; it is indeed sad that, as long as there are substances which will instantly and effortlessly induce euphoria, people will use them, without thought of the later addiction. An interesting twist, though: nicotine has been clinically proven to be more addictive than heroin. What difference is there between the two, then, that drives junkies to crime for their fix, while smokers don't have to? I think its more than just the physiological effects of these two substances - maybe CT knows what I'm getting at. ;)

All I know is that after crack's resounding success, I can't wait to see what the next substance the white man will invent to destroy the black man will be. :ninja:

Where you do think gangsters - and I mean real gangsters - get money for all their expensive clothes, cars, bling, [u][b]guns[/b][/u]?

Drug money.

They got a saying in the hood, "Ain't no money like drug money"

So, keeping crack/meth/heroin/coke illegal is arming gangs. If you had government regulated drug distribution, the backbone of organized crime would be ripped out. Keeping drugs illegal means that drugs are sold by criminals, that's reality.

Something has to change. USN, do you disagree with that?

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='600765' date='Nov 28 2007, 11:58 AM']It's the drugs in the first place that are causing the problem, not that they aren't legalized.
Legal drugs means cheaper and more affordable drugs... which means more drug use, which means no lessening of robberies, break ins...etc.... but quite the contrary... a veritable explosion in such areas is what would be seen

I get so sick and tired of the "They should legalize drugs argument".... it's a farce.

The abuse of drugs is the problem...[/quote]

My solution: the government laces drugs with a poison that causes extreme sickness in its users, and then distributes them on the street. The first time it is used it causes only the sickness; as more is ingested it will prove fatal.

I call it Operation: Clockwork Orange.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='600765' date='Nov 28 2007, 03:28 PM'][b]Legal drugs means cheaper and more affordable drugs... which means more drug use,[/b] which means no lessening of robberies, break ins...etc.... but quite the contrary... a veritable explosion in such areas is what would be seen[/quote]

Not necessarily......in Amsterdam, pot is legal and the amount of natives who smoke there is relatively small. Most smokers are foreigners who like to visit there for the glorious......fantastic........exquisite...........lovely quality of pot for the price. Not to mention being able to smoke in public while enjoying a cup of green tea with a friend and fellow poster on Go-Bengals.com.

But legalizing any drug harder than weed would be disastrous.........

Also, nicotine and alcohol are considered drugs. Why are they legal? I think delving further into the legality and illegality of drugs and why things are the way they are regarding drugs paints a very unfavorable picture of those who are making these things legal and illegal "for our benefit" in the first place.

And when I smoked pot, it wasn't to escape reality.......it was to make that reality more enjoyable. I've never experienced the beauty of nature until I smoked one day and sat naked in the woods playing my bongo drums ....semi-:ninja:

What was this thread about again?

Archived