911 call: TX man shoots robbers with shotgun

Agent Orange

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600111' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:08 AM']i didnt shoot people who were not worthy. i said people who are trying to take from others. the guy that shot sean taylor today should be shot. those two people stealing from that house deserved to be shot. if you came to my house and tried to steal something, then you would deserve to be shot. if i came to your house and stole something then i deserve to be shot.[/quote]

Its a tragedy that anyone gets shot, but why does it take a football player to get shot for you to get all upset over it?

I'm not trying to start some other argument I just think its interesting.

And no stealing doesnt mean you deserve to be shot you can't just generalize something like that.

Too many killing video games for you my friend.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600119' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:14 AM'][b]Its a tragedy that anyone gets shot, but why does it take a football player to get shot for you to get all upset over it? [/b]

And no stealing doesnt mean you deserve to be shot you can't just generalize something like that.

Too many killing video games for you my friend.[/quote]
just a coincidence that i got into this argument on the same day he got shot. if he hadnt been shot, i would have looked up a story for a similar thing.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600119' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:14 AM']Its a tragedy that anyone gets shot, but why does it take a football player to get shot for you to get all upset over it?

[b]
Too many killing video games for you my friend.[/b][/quote]
i dont even own a gun. probably never will.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600122' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:16 AM']i dont even own a gun. probably never will.[/quote]

LOL well then I guess that goes against your whole argument unless you plan to kill those who rob ur house with your bare hands or knives or something....but if thats the case just beat the shit out of them take your stuff back and call the cops.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600126' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:22 AM']LOL well then I guess that goes against your whole argument unless you plan to kill those who rob ur house with your bare hands or knives or something....but if thats the case just beat the shit out of them take your stuff back and call the cops.[/quote]
im like Tenacious D, i will use mind bullets.

This conversation explains a lot about our country, I guess. and how we elected Bush twice.

in a complete lack of seriousness, however, what if this guy had been OG Sooner Girl (or whatever)'s boyfriend? How would you feel then?

[quote name='#22' post='600144' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:07 AM']This conversation explains a lot about our country, I guess. and how we elected Bush twice.

in a complete lack of seriousness, however, what if this guy had been OG Sooner Girl (or whatever)'s boyfriend?[b] How would you feel then?[/b][/quote]
the same and ive never voted for bush.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600074' date='Nov 26 2007, 11:37 PM']They discussed this on CNN a week ago and talked about a new law in Texas which allows immunity to anyone who kills in self defense no matter what (or something to that effect not 100% sure). So they say that its not surprising that the man could have "misunderstood" the law. Still, it bothers me to think that someone would shoot people over stealing objects. If you see someone robbing your neighbors house you look, call the police, and get a description of the perps and their get away car. You do not take out your rifle and fire off shots and kill them. [b]What if they were 17 yr old first time offenders whom were poor and needed food? [/b]

How about getting out of your house and beating the crap out of them? You know if people just beat eachother up a lot more people would be alive. No, we get out our rifles and blast away because obviously thats the only option.[/quote]

Well when I was a 17 year old who was poor and needed food, I got my ass a job....

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600148' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:21 AM']the same and ive never voted for bush.[/quote]

are you even old enough to have the option to have voted for Bush?

I know you weren't old enough the first time, and I'm pretty confident you weren't the second time either....

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='600261' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:40 AM']are you even old enough to have the option to have voted for Bush?

I know you weren't old enough the first time, and I'm pretty confident you weren't the second time either....[/quote]
i was the 2nd time.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='600257' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:39 AM']Well when I was a 17 year old who was poor and needed food,[b] I got my ass a job....[/b][/quote]
thank you.

i cant believe we agree on something.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600266' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:46 AM']i was the 2nd time.

thank you.

i cant believe we agree on something.[/quote]

agree on something?

I can't believe you're finally sensible enough to agree with me...

And you really had the chance to vote for bush? I thought I was like 19 when I voted ... maybe I was 20? I thought you were 3 years younger than me

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='600268' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:50 AM']agree on something?

I can't believe you're finally sensible enough to agree with me...

And you really had the chance to vote for bush? I thought I was like 19 when I voted ... maybe I was 20? I thought you were 3 years younger than me[/quote]
he was re-elected in 2004 correct? Voting took place Nov. 2003 right? I would have been a freshman at Miami. I was born in May 85. Making me 18 in Nov. 2003. Im 22 now and 23 in May.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600273' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:54 AM']he was re-elected in 2004 correct? Voting took place Nov. 2003 right? I would have been a freshman at Miami. I was born in May 85. Making me 18 in Nov. 2003. Im 22 now and 23 in May.[/quote]

ahh only a year or so younger than me then... ok ok

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600354' date='Nov 27 2007, 12:04 PM']would you people seriously kill someone robbing you? i don't think i could even bring myself to do that. just give them what they want, no one needs to die over a robbery. no one.[/quote]

That depends... someone robs me on the street? No. Someone breaking into my house? You betcha. Not because I care whether or not they steal a tv, some clothes, I don't care about any of that shit. But so many times, in home invasion robberies, people get raped, beaten, killed. So yes, if it comes to the safety of my family, I'm not waiting around to find out if they intend to do harm or not.

Criminals have also changed the rules... it isn't so simple anymore. Seemed like when I was a kid, there were certain lines people didn't cross. Somebody walks up to you with a weapon, demand your wallet. You give it to him. He runs away. Now, either they 1) shoot you first and take your stuff, or 2) demand your wallet, you give it to them, then they shoot you anyway.

If someone was robbing the house next door would you run outside, yell "your dead", then open fire? I'm guessing by "your dead", he really meant. "Gentleman. Please drop all items and weapons you may be carrying and kindly wait for the police to arrive. If you do not comply i will open fire. have a good day."

They were just too stupid to understand.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600354' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:34 PM']would you people seriously kill someone robbing you? i don't think i could even bring myself to do that. just give them what they want, no one needs to die over a robbery. no one.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think I could bring myself to kill anyone........even if they were robbing my home. If I had a gun, I would probably shoot them somewhere I knew wouldn't kill them.......like their lower leg and incapacitate them as opposed to killing them. Now, if they had a gun also, then I don't know I would take the time to aim........just shoot but that would be my last resort.

And ThurmanMunster continues to amaze me with his "brilliance" with each new post.

[quote name='Ben' post='600368' date='Nov 27 2007, 04:11 PM']If someone was robbing the house next door would you run outside, yell "your dead", then open fire? I'm guessing by "your dead", he really meant. "Gentleman. Please drop all items and weapons you may be carrying and kindly wait for the police to arrive. If you do not comply i will open fire. have a good day."

[b]They were just too stupid to understand.[/b][/quote]

And therefore, they were "unworthy" of living any longer.

Just commenting on when you were 17 poor needed food you got a job...yeah did you have to pay for your family with that $5 dollar an hour job and go to school and make sure you picked up your younger siblings from school and get them food?

Its so easy to just answer with these strong general claims, but don't go assuming everything is so easy for everyone that all their problems can be solved by just getting a job.

I have never stolen anything, Ive never been in such a dire situation where having a roof over my head was jeopardized, I've been lucky enough to have a car that gets me where I need to go and go to college, and even a computer to argue stupid pointless things on, but not everyone is so lucky. If your typing on this site and you have a damn computer your doing 100000 X better than some people are.

It is understandable that if someone comes to your home and threatens you or tries to harm you or your loved ones that you retaliate. However, theres a huge difference between protecting yourself and having the intent to kill and for that matter getting out your rifle to shoot people robbing your neighbors house.

Yes if someone is going to kill you, you kill them.....self defense.....but don't go knocking off people because your pissed at the world.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='600372' date='Nov 27 2007, 01:47 PM']Just commenting on when you were 17 poor needed food you got a job...yeah did you have to pay for your family with that $5 dollar an hour job and go to school and make sure you picked up your younger siblings from school and get them food?

Its so easy to just answer with these strong general claims, but don't go assuming everything is so easy for everyone that all their problems can be solved by just getting a job.

I have never stolen anything, Ive never been in such a dire situation where having a roof over my head was jeopardized, I've been lucky enough to have a car that gets me where I need to go and go to college, and even a computer to argue stupid pointless things on, but not everyone is so lucky. If your typing on this site and you have a damn computer your doing 100000 X better than some people are.

It is understandable that if someone comes to your home and threatens you or tries to harm you or your loved ones that you retaliate. However, theres a huge difference between protecting yourself and having the intent to kill and for that matter getting out your rifle to shoot people robbing your neighbors house.

Yes if someone is going to kill you, you kill them.....self defense.....but don't go knocking off people because your pissed at the world.[/quote]

1) I didn't have a family when I was 17 because I wasn't stupid enough to have a family at 17 or even 23 at that matter... and who the hell only makes 5 bucks an hour anymore? Isn't minimum wage now like 7.50??

2) On one hand you don't condone violence, but on the other you act like being a responsible citizen and getting a job doesn't solve anything... make up your mind.

No its called reality and being empathetic for people.

You can't compare everyone to your own situation and you cant judge someone based on only knowing one thing about them...that they stole a piece of property.

There are more questions to ask than just saying...."too bad asshole"

Think about your own family members and people around you, if one of them did something out of desperation you wouldn't be so judgemental.

And, for some people getting a job DOESNT solve anything. Please you think living off of 7.50 an hour a whole 2 dollars more is easy? Im sure a full time job at 7.50 an hour with taxes taken out will pay for alll the bills in one month :huh:

I am not saying that someone should steal, what I am saying is that if you see someone stealing from your neighbors house you don't go and kill them, for many reasons. One, its wrong...and Two you have no idea who they are or why they are doing what they are doing....they may not be some hardened criminal and it sure isn't your job to make that call.

Oh and having a family doesn't mean kids...it means having to help your mom pay for rent and feed your younger siblings. Some people actually have really hard situations and your really naive to think otherwise.

Archived