The Big East needs WV to win

Jeb

[quote name='Bunghole' post='598232' date='Nov 24 2007, 11:17 PM']Lighten up Frances....OSU/WVU is actually a very good possibility, especially the way things are playing out right now.
Unless you want to make the Boise State argument for Hawaii this year!
:lol:[/quote]
You just said earlier WV-OSU would be a slim possibility...

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='598155' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:45 PM']Illinois is actually better then any team WV has played, better then USF, Cincy, Uconn, etc.[/quote]

Seriously, you think that? WV is the real deal. They are faster on Offense with Slaton and White than any team in the nation. The SEC blow hards can say whatever, but these guys can blow by anyone anytime.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='598193' date='Nov 24 2007, 10:45 PM']You guys dissing WVU are insane. They were considered a preseason champ game contender, and guess what...they still are!
They have some amazing talent on offense with White, Slaiton, Devine, etc...
Some of you sound like a bunch of OSU crybabies that can't handle the fact that if the cards play out right, your precious Buckeyes will be left out in the cold (and deservedly so).
OSU with 2 losses has no more claim to the champ game than anyone else. LSU has TWO triple OT losses...and were ranked #1 both times...so they are less worthy than OSU?
Give me a break.[/quote]

I went to Ohio State, unlike some of these OSU fans on this board, and I will say OSU is good and better team than last year but losing to Illinios at home means you need help and for teams to lose. Plain and simple. OSU blew it at home against an average team.

My wife is from Mizzou, and they are slow and would get their asses kicked by WV, OSU, LSU in a game. Hell, I think UC would beat Mizzou or any team from the Big12. They are slow as molasses. But if I was a betting man, it could be WV vs. Mizzou in the BCS championship - that is who I'm expecting.. With WV beating them hands down. We will see.

I think we all agree the BCS to does not result in the two best teams playing each other for the championship. I do think WV is that good, not sure who else is. There are quite a few teams in my opinion that should play each other to earn that right. LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, Mizzou, USC, Oregon (with a healty QB), Ohio State.

[quote name='rizzy' post='598147' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:24 PM']hate to tell you WV is not going to get respect or the big east

when they decide to play some real teams maybe they can get a little

[b]
i hope Oklahoma wins the big 12 and it turns into an Ohio State/West Virginia championship game so west virginia can see what happens when you play a real college football team[/b][/quote]

WVU would DESTROY OSU. It wouldnt even be funny.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='598155' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:45 PM']Illinois is actually better then any team WV has played, better then USF, Cincy, Uconn, etc.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kige ramsey said that post is fucking retarded.

[quote name='Jeb' post='598161' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:29 PM']Illinois is average so not much credit for a win in that game. Some but not much. [b] It would be much better if UC scheduled a game with OSU next season. [/b]They are the only ones I really want to play from that conference.[/quote]
OSU refuses to schedule UC now because UC almost beat them a few years back. UC would LOVE to schedule OSU.

[quote]West Virginia embracing life at the top
By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

Updated: November 24, 2007

MORGANTOWN, W. Va. -- West Virginia stars Steve Slaton and Pat White were in their hotel room when No. 1 LSU's national championship hopes ended Friday night, after Arkansas' Matterral Richardson intercepted a two-point conversion try in the third overtime of the Razorbacks' improbable 50-48 victory.

"It was pandemonium," Slaton said. "Everybody knew LSU lost."

The scene was so crazy that an unidentified Mountaineer -- or at least a player anonymous to everyone but his teammates -- streaked down the hall of the hotel. The Razorbacks' upset helped put No. 3 West Virginia in position to play in the Jan. 7 BCS Championship Game in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans.

But the Mountaineers still had to beat No. 20 Connecticut at Milan Puskar Stadium on Saturday for the Big East championship, then defeat pissburgh in the 100th edition of the "Backyard Brawl" in the Dec. 1 regular-season finale here.

Unlike most teams that had been in such a lofty perch at some point this season, West Virginia actually embraced the pressure and opportunity. In fact, if the Mountaineers' 66-21 rout of the Huskies was an audition for a chance to play the Big 12 champion or Big Ten champ Ohio State for the national championship, the performance was like winning the New Hampshire primary by 30 percentage points.

Frankly, no other team this season made a case for No. 1 quite like the Mountaineers did.

"The neat part of this is you see all the teams getting beat," West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez said. "It's nice when one of them that's hanging in there doesn't get beat. But we've got one more more game left, and it's a big rivalry game. We're not in the game yet, but we're closer than we were before."

The Mountaineers will be heavy favorites against pissburgh, which has lost seven of nine games since opening the season with victories over Eastern Michigan and Division I-AA Grambling State. West Virginia has won 11 of its past 16 games against the Panthers, who have surrendered 90 points in the past two games of the bitter rivalry.

"It's the biggest game of my life," White said, "and it's the Backyard Brawl."

If White and his teammates play like they did against Connecticut, the Mountaineers will be playing in a much, much bigger game after New Year's Day. West Virginia led 24-14 at halftime, then exploded for six consecutive touchdowns in the second half to take a 66-14 lead. The Mountaineers ran for a whopping 517 yards against a Huskies defense that had limited eight of its first 11 opponents to fewer than 150 rushing yards.

"We have explosiveness, and that was neat to see," Rodriguez said. "In the second half, we kept the gas pedal on."

The Mountaineers look like they might never take their foot off the floor. White ran 16 times for 186 yards and two touchdowns, including a couple of mind-boggling sprints. Slaton ran 10 times for 54 yards and two scores, and speedy freshman Noel Devine carried 11 times for 118 yards and one touchdown.

"They're dangerous," White said of his tailbacks. "That's a lot of speed in the backfield. It gives defenses headaches."

And restless nights. Here's what's really scary: White was that effective even after throwing up nearly a dozen times on the sideline. He also completed 9 of 13 passes for 107 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

White said he didn't know whether his upset stomach was the result of a virus or something he ate.

"It came out of nowhere," White said. "I was excited and pumped up."

At least the Heisman Trophy candidate was able to pick his spots when getting sick.

"Most of the time, it happened when I was getting tackled," White said.

If Ohio State fans want to avoid an upset stomach, they might not want to root too hard for Oklahoma to beat No. 2 Kansas or No. 4 Missouri in next week's Big 12 Championship Game in San Antonio. The No. 5 Buckeyes should really save themselves from being embarrassed for the second season in a row.

The Buckeyes' national title hopes seemed lost when they fell to Illinois 28-21 on Nov. 10. Then Oregon, Oklahoma and finally LSU lost while the Buckeyes watched. But Ohio State's chances of winning the BCS title are still fleeting, at best. Even if the Buckeyes use the back door to the Louisiana Superdome by finishing in the top two of the final BCS standings, they don't stand a chance against West Virginia.

After Florida ran up and down the field against a better Ohio State team in a 41-14 win in the 2006 BCS Championship Game, the Mountaineers might actually lap the Buckeyes on the Bayou. The Mountaineers are really that fast.

Think Gators quarterback Tim Tebow can run? White runs better.

"I'm biased," Rodriguez said. "I think he's the best football player in the country. Pat has done it his whole career. He makes plays when plays aren't there, and when plays are there, he makes them better."

Think Florida receiver Percy Harvin is fast? Devine and Slaton are faster. Collectively, no other team in the country has as much speed as the Mountaineers.

"They're athletic and they've got speed," Connecticut coach Randy Edsall said. "They've got guys that make plays. They are talented. [Devine] may be the best of them all, and Pat just makes things happen. They don't have a weakness on offense."

Unlike the past few seasons, when West Virginia went into games figuring it would have to outscore opponents to win, its defense is pretty stout, too. The Mountaineers went into the weekend ranked fourth in the country in total defense and eighth in scoring defense. They are in the top 20 nationally in rush defense, pass defense and turnovers gained.

"I don't think it's surprising," defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel said. "I thought we had a chance to be a good defense in the spring. I really thought we had a chance to be good last year, but we never grew enough back there. But the kids, to their credit, played with a chip on their shoulder throughout the season. Now they're in position to get to the national championship game."

The only opponent standing in West Virginia's way is pissburgh, its oldest nemesis.

"The more you win, the more that's at stake," Rodriguez said. "There's certainly a lot at stake in this next game."

The Mountaineers have more at stake than any other team because, right now, no other team in the country is better than West Virginia.

"You've got to get to that game to win it," Rodriguez said. "You can't think about it until you get to the game. If we win the next one, we'll get there."

And the Mountaineers will win it.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3126269"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3126269[/url]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='598254' date='Nov 25 2007, 03:27 AM']WVU would DESTROY OSU. It wouldnt even be funny.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kige ramsey said that post is fucking retarded.

OSU refuses to schedule UC now because UC almost beat them a few years back. UC would LOVE to schedule OSU.[/quote]

How was it retarded to say that Illinios is better then Cincy, USF, and Uconn. I wasnt saying they were better then WV like some people took it to be.

Anyways Illinois played the #1/2 Team in the Nation-Missouri-and lost by 6.
Played the #3 team OSU and beat them.
And lost 2 other close games to big ten rivals.

Uconn's best win is against USF who is ranked 20 something. Played 1 top 3 team in WV and got rocked.
Advantage-Illinois

USF had big wins but lost 3 games in a row to now unraked teams.

Cincy also has 3 losses, 2 to unraked teams, and havent beaten a now ranked top 25 team.

Illinois is better then those 3, show me where I am wrong.

Archived