Sean Taylor dead

Nati Ice

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='600445' date='Nov 27 2007, 06:52 PM']Did he ever spit on Slim?

:ninja:[/quote]

You must have missed it. He did and Slim pulled out his 8mm. They then hugged and made up. :ninja:

But in all seriousness, RIP Sean. And my thoughts and prayers go out to his Family, Friends, and most specifically his child. Not to get religious here, but there is only ONE judge on whether a person is good or bad, IMO.

[quote name='kennethmw' post='600446' date='Nov 27 2007, 05:59 PM']CT, there are a lot of disrespectful assholes everywhere, you now know some of them are Bengals fans.[/quote]
Do you have something you want to say to me?

Look, just because I am [i]intimately[/i] used to death, and am mature enough to realize that it happens to everyone, doesn't mean that petulant children like yourselves should be bringing me down over it. I'm a little more distraught over the 500 people a day in Darfur who die simply because they were unlucky enough to be born over there than I am over some athlete in a game (who brought it upon himself).

Pretend, if you will, that Sean Taylor is still alive playing with his little girl and buying her Christmas presents or whatever (assuming you are completely naive enough to think that he somehow turned over a new leaf). Do you think that there will be patches on jerseys, or statues, or awards given out for this guy while he is alive?

Respect doesn't have anything to do with it. Sean Taylor never did anything to earn my respect or anyone else's respect.
I never said I was [b]glad[/b] that he died, but I'm not too fucking surprised about it, either.

before people claim that its his past getting back at him or whatever, i would suggest waiting to find out what happened.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='600454' date='Nov 27 2007, 03:20 PM']another thing I"m curious about, is why he was even at his Miami home? I know the Redskins played in Tampa Sunday, but shouldn't he had gone home with the team?[/quote]

he was injured with a knee injury and was getting a 2nd opinion. I also heard that because of the breakin last week at his house *he wanted to be there to protect his g/f and mother*

*unconfirmed

[quote name='#22' post='600453' date='Nov 27 2007, 07:20 PM']Do you have something you want to say to me?

Look, just because I am [i]intimately[/i] used to death, and am mature enough to realize that it happens to everyone, doesn't mean that petulant children like yourselves should be bringing me down over it. I'm a little more distraught over the 500 people a day in Darfur who die simply because they were unlucky enough to be born over there than I am over some athlete in a game (who brought it upon himself).

Pretend, if you will, that Sean Taylor is still alive playing with his little girl and buying her Christmas presents or whatever (assuming you are completely naive enough to think that he somehow turned over a new leaf). Do you think that there will be patches on jerseys, or statues, or awards given out for this guy while he is alive?

Respect doesn't have anything to do with it. Sean Taylor never did anything to earn my respect or anyone else's respect.
I never said I was [b]glad[/b] that he died, but I'm not too fucking surprised about it, either.[/quote]

I guess I started this and my apologies. And Kenneth used the asshole term. He should have left that out of his comment, but none the less it was there. No argument there. Lets try to keep this civil. We all have opinions. You have shared yours regarding Sean and replied to Kenneth. I just don't want this thread to get into a pissing match. A man died, whether your opinion of him was glowing or thought he was an asshole so be it. Let's just keep it civil toward each other = which does not mean you can not disagree.

[quote name='#22' post='600453' date='Nov 27 2007, 06:20 PM']Do you have something you want to say to me?

I never said I was [b]glad[/b] that he died, but I'm not too fucking surprised about it, either.[/quote]

If you think you are who I was talking about, then you probably are. I don't care how friggin' intimately you are used to death, and I don't give a flyin' what you think of Sean. What I do know is that someone's child was killed for no good reason whatsoever, and that a little child will grow up without knowing her father. And what I see is someone speculating and judging someone else's life or loss thereof. As a 44 yr old petulant child, I have seen death, and have been in situations where but for the grace of god, I could have seen it up close. I have also seen some of the worst 20 year old kids, change and become some of the most wonderful people in the world. So forgive me if I don't appreciate your overt judgemental opinion of someone who neither of us knows jack about.

Saw it on the computer this morning in the beginning of 1st period..Was a real shitty day..I wanted to cry right there...Such a young superstar despite his attitude was still a great person considering what he has done since he has had a daughter..He has changed a lot..RIP ST...You will never be forgotten..

[quote name='#22' post='600453' date='Nov 27 2007, 06:20 PM']Do you have something you want to say to me?

Look, just because I am [i]intimately[/i] used to death, and am mature enough to realize that it happens to everyone, doesn't mean that petulant children like yourselves should be bringing me down over it. I'm a little more distraught over the 500 people a day in Darfur who die simply because they were unlucky enough to be born over there than I am over some athlete in a game [b](who brought it upon himself). [/b]

Pretend, if you will, that Sean Taylor is still alive playing with his little girl and buying her Christmas presents or whatever [b](assuming you are completely naive enough to think that he somehow turned over a new leaf)[/b]. Do you think that there will be patches on jerseys, or statues, or awards given out for this guy while he is alive?

I never said I was [b]glad[/b] that he died, [b]but I'm not too fucking surprised about it, either.[/b][/quote]

dude your a blatant asshole. did you know the man? were you a friend or family member? if not shut the fuck up and make your point elsewhere. jesus christ what has this world come to. a man died and because you have formed an opinion of him based on what the media has reported its now okay for you to basically clown a mans death. get a fucking life prick

I have to restrain myself from using a smiley here, but it appears I'm too real for the "resident realist(!)."

Here's the deal, and my beef with the situation: Instead of using this guy's life as an example to teach kids of what NOT to do, he will be celebrated, honored, etc. This keeps things the way they are. In 25 years you'll have numbers of folks (maybe even athletes) from the same background who will die long before his time because no one ever learned a lesson from Sean Taylor's death.

You know, if it comes out that he was a victim of a random crime, I'll offer a complete apology and send his family a card, or something. Anybody with common sense would figure out that the life he led predisposed him to a death because of violence.

If what I'm saying offends you, just ignore it. Ignore me. There is still a function like that around here, isn't there?
If you're so easily offended, where was the outcry over Martha Fleischmann hitting Big Ben with her Buick (he could have been killed), or BJ's numerous hilarious pics of mass graves in pissburgh?

Also, there is nothing wrong with punctuation.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='600587' date='Nov 28 2007, 12:09 AM']dude your a blatant asshole. did you know the man? were you a friend or family member? if not shut the fuck up and make your point elsewhere. jesus christ what has this world come to. a man died and because you have formed an opinion of him based on what the media has reported its now okay for you to basically clown a mans death. get a fucking life prick[/quote]

1st of all, nobody is "clowning" a man's death; not even close. It isn't disrespectful to point out that those who mix with violent circles predispose themselves to a violent downfall.

Nobody here knows anything of the guy other than what's been given to us by the media; their exaggeration of facts is well known, but so is Taylor's police record. I ask: what can you reasonably infer about Taylor outside of what has been written in the press? It is admirable to look for the best in people, but naive to expect your belief in every man's innate goodness to be realized. If forming opinions based on what is reported in the media is illegitimate, then what is forming opinions based on whatever you make up?

Again - I haven't seen any evidence of people here, or anywhere, mocking Taylor for his demise or pissing on his grave; this, like your opinion of Taylor, seems to be a figment of your imagination. Our condolences - if condolences can be offered via internet message board - have already been made to the young Jackie, and the virtuous Pedro.

There - I finished a whole post without saying "asshole" or "prick."

An interesting angle brought up by PFT:

WAS TAYLOR SLAIN BY A FORMER FRIEND?

There is chatter in league circles that police in Florida initially are exploring whether Redskins safety Sean Taylor was shot by one of his former friends.

This image of police removing a computer from Taylor's home supports the notion that police are exploring the question of whether he was killed by someone he knew.

Then again, it's a fairly obvious starting point. Random crime happens in random places; when someone's home is invaded for the sole apparent purpose of shooting into the owner's bedroom, logic suggests that there was some prior relationship between criminal and victim.

And if that's the case, maybe now we know why guys like Mike Vick don't make a clean break from guys like Quanis Phillips. If, as Vick once explained it, there was a promise of some sort made among boyhood friends that if one of them "makes it" they'll all "make it" and if one or more of said friends has exhibited some antisocial tendencies, an abrupt decision to cut the friends off could, in theory, put the one who "makes it" in grave danger.

If there's any truth to this, it's a horrible dilemma for a young man to attempt to resolve. He can either continue to associate with friends who might be inclined to do things that could get him in trouble. Or he can turn his back on them and risk being the victim of a murder that won't be solved because no one who knows anything of value will cooperate with the police.

Like so many other problems that are out there, we're good at spotting it but not so good at solving it. This is one case where we wish that we could.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='600653' date='Nov 28 2007, 04:56 AM']just because someone dies doesnt meant that they were all of a sudden a saint. dude was a certified dumbfuck. dying doesnt make him righteous.[/quote]

Where is this attitude coming from? Are you actually watching the coverage? Where is he being portrayed as a saint? Every piece I see on TV of him mentions all the gun charges, the DUI, the spitting, etc.

So who's treating him like a saint?

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600666' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:53 AM']Where is this attitude coming from? Are you actually watching the coverage? Where is he being portrayed as a saint? Every piece I see on TV of him mentions all the gun charges, the DUI, the spitting, etc.

So who's treating him like a saint?[/quote]
did you not watch the redskins press conference? are you not reading this thread?

everyone is acting like this was just some random and unfortunate accident perpetrated on some dude who had turned his life around, i assure you it was not.

#22 is right on the button

What should their press conference have been like? Hmm? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

"Sean Taylor was a thug. He was involved in some unfortunate things, and it got him killed. But in the end, it's his own fault. Rest in Peace."

Like I said, I doubt you'd say these things in any sort of public forum (like a TV interview), but this is the internet, where you get to remain anonymous, so it is what it is.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='600668' date='Nov 28 2007, 08:11 AM']did you not watch the redskins press conference? are you not reading this thread?

everyone is acting like this was just some random and unfortunate accident perpetrated on some dude who had turned his life around, i assure you it was not.

#22 is right on the button[/quote]

Really didn't know that a DUI, gun Charge, and spitting were grounds for taking a man's life. Odell and Henry are fucked if that is the case.

RIP Sean.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='600641' date='Nov 28 2007, 02:39 AM']An interesting angle brought up by PFT:

WAS TAYLOR SLAIN BY A FORMER FRIEND?

There is chatter in league circles that police in Florida initially are exploring whether Redskins safety Sean Taylor was shot by one of his former friends.

This image of police removing a computer from Taylor's home supports the notion that police are [b]exploring the question of whether he was killed by someone he knew.[/b]
Then again, it's a fairly obvious starting point. Random crime happens in random places; when someone's home is invaded for the sole apparent purpose of shooting into the owner's bedroom, logic suggests that there was some prior relationship between criminal and victim.

And if that's the case, maybe now we know why guys like Mike Vick don't make a clean break from guys like Quanis Phillips. If, as Vick once explained it, there was a promise of some sort made among boyhood friends that if one of them "makes it" they'll all "make it" and if one or more of said friends has exhibited some antisocial tendencies, an abrupt decision to cut the friends off could, in theory, put the one who "makes it" in grave danger.

If there's any truth to this, it's a horrible dilemma for a young man to attempt to resolve. He can either continue to associate with friends who might be inclined to do things that could get him in trouble. Or he can turn his back on them and risk being the victim of a murder that won't be solved because no one who knows anything of value will cooperate with the police.

Like so many other problems that are out there, we're good at spotting it but not so good at solving it. This is one case where we wish that we could.[/quote]

I thought it was pretty apparent that he was killed by someone he knew. Its not like it was a robbery gone bad.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='600632' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:12 AM']i think the weirdest thing is if ST was still such a thug, why did he not have a gun to meet the intruder with?[/quote]

He was on probation, which prohibits you from owning or possessing a gun anywhere, or at anytime.

Archived