UC's Head Coach Brian Kelly

Rumble In the Jungle

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='601580' date='Nov 30 2007, 12:52 PM']word is he's going to get the interview for Nebraska. we better keep him around here, pay the mother fucker what he wants, give him the indoor facility. do whatever it takes to keep him here!!!!!!!!11 :angry: :contract:[/quote]

when did you hear that? He was on the radio yesterday and denied those reports, for what its worth.

Frankly, I don't think his system will work in Nebraska. Callahan's didn't, and Kelly's is even more spread.

Plus, it wouldn't surprise me that Kelly is cocky enough that he wants to build a legacy at UC, than go be in someone's shadow at Nebraska. Plus he claims that his family has really taken to the cincy area.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='601606' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:27 PM']when did you hear that? He was on the radio yesterday and denied those reports, for what its worth.

[b]Frankly, I don't think his system will work in Nebraska. Callahan's didn't, and Kelly's is even more spread. [/b]

Plus, it wouldn't surprise me that Kelly is cocky enough that he wants to build a legacy at UC, than go be in someone's shadow at Nebraska. Plus he claims that his family has really taken to the cincy area.[/quote]

Don't worry then.I've been a Nebraska fan for many many years and if Kelly's system is more spread than Callahan's ,Osborne will never go for it.He has been on record saying he'd like to go back to the triple option offense.In other words ,old Nebraska style.I think they will end up hiring Bo Pelini.

I realize the Big East is no Big 12, but I'd have to imagine that the Nebraska job isn't the most tempting gig out there...

If I was him, I'd ride out UC until a SEC or Big 10 powerhouse or something like that opens up.

Hell... a coach from Utah got the Florida job, surely someone would take from the Big East

[quote name='Bunghole' post='601661' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:50 PM']It isn't as if you should expect a good college coach to stay at a third-tier program forever. It happens.[/quote]

Yeah but when that money train comes a rollin, you jump on it...

UC can't compete with the likes of OSU, Michigan, Florida, USC, Oklahoma ...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='601661' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:50 PM']It isn't as if you should expect a good college coach to stay at a third-tier program forever. It happens.[/quote]

And [i]you[/i] shouldn't expect UC to stay a "third-tier program" forever, either. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/45.gif[/img]

"The times, they are a-changin.' "

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='601663' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:56 PM']Yeah but when that money train comes a rollin, you jump on it...

UC can't compete with the likes of OSU, Michigan, Florida, USC, Oklahoma ...[/quote]
Well, that's essentially what I meant. UC is a third-tier college football program, if the perception, rightly or wrongly is that Kelly is a good enough coach to move up in the ranks (I think he is), then a more prestigious program will pay him more to be their coach.
Don't cry for me, Argentina.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='601666' date='Nov 30 2007, 03:01 PM']Well, that's essentially what I meant. UC is a third-tier college football program, if the perception, rightly or wrongly is that Kelly is a good enough coach to move up in the ranks (I think he is), then a more prestigious program will pay him more to be their coach.
Don't cry for me, Argentina.[/quote]

Ha... yeah I was confused by your post ... i think there was a double negative or something in it and i was thrown off...

Unless Kelley gets a higher pay day and finds a way for UC to steal the recruits in Ohio away from OSU, I don't see Kelley staying around more than 3 years

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='601670' date='Nov 30 2007, 03:11 PM']Ha... yeah I was confused by your post ... i think there was a double negative or something in it and i was thrown off...

Unless Kelley gets a higher pay day and finds a way for UC to steal the recruits in Ohio away from OSU, I don't see Kelley staying around more than 3 years[/quote]

He doesn't have to steal all of the talent to be successful. OSU basically concedes the Cincy talent, other than 1 or 2 maybe a year and there's plenty of talent to be had.

There's enough talent in the state for both to be successful, especially with OSU getting a larger presence in states such as Florida. If anything, recruits UC steals is taking away from Michigan, or allowing OSU to have more scholarships (if they lose some recruits to UC) to keep some kids from going across the border to michigan and michigan state.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='601665' date='Nov 30 2007, 03:00 PM']And [i]you[/i] shouldn't expect UC to stay a "third-tier program" forever, either. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/45.gif[/img]

"The times, they are a-changin.' "[/quote]
I certainly didn't mean to impy that they would stay that way forever, even if they HAVE been that way, well, forever....

Kelly has set the table for the university, so when he leaves, it'll be up to UC to hire a worthy replacement.
Heck, who knows, in time perhaps the UC coaching job will be a destination rather than a stepping stone to greener pastures like it is right now.
It's just reality. Hey, I'm a UK fan, they're in essentially the same boat.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='601662' date='Nov 30 2007, 02:54 PM']i heard it on fox sports wrap sunday night :([/quote]

Kelly denied it. Said it was a false internet rumor in an interview this week.

This is a non-issue.

Nothing to see here, ...move along!

[b]Nebraska to name LSU defensive coordinator Pelini as coach[/b]

[quote]Barring any last-minute snags, LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini will be introduced as the new head coach at Nebraska early next week, multiple sources confirmed Friday.

Pelini will coach the Tigers defense Saturday in the SEC championship game against Tennessee and, according to a source close to the situation, will be in Lincoln for an announcement Monday.

When reached by The Associated Press, Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne refused to comment on the situation.

"I have no comment one way or the other," said Osborne.

Pelini and Buffalo coach Turner Gill were believed to be Tom Osborne's final two choices to replace fired Bill Callahan. Both have Nebraska ties -- Gill as a former player under Osborne and coach under Frank Solich, and Pelini as a former defensice coordinator under Solich.

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at ESPN4D@aol.com. Information from The Associated Press contributed to this story.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='602073' date='Dec 1 2007, 02:10 PM'][b]Nebraska to name LSU defensive coordinator Pelini as coach[/b][/quote]

Les Miles just turned down the Michigan gig. The AP is reporting that Brian Kelly is one of 20 candidates being looked at but that's not surprising since wherever Kelly goes so does Demetrius Jones ( [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=54783"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/b...?playerId=54783[/url] )

Archived