OSU is going to the Big Dance!!!!!

Jason

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='602385' date='Dec 2 2007, 03:57 AM']You think we are gonna beat Georgia/LSU/whoever else we are gonna have to play for sure?

[b]
PS if WVU was as good as you were making them out to be in the other threads they would be able to beat a TERRIBLE pitt team even with a backup QB.[/b][/quote]
he is the single most important player to that team without a doubt. without him they are nothing. he makes or breaks that team. slaton may be good, but without white they lack the running/passing threat needed for their offense to work. that backup is garbage. everyone knew pat white would be a 4 year QB at WVU because he isnt a guy who can leave early to make it to the NFL so they didnt put a lot of focus in his backup. the offense was designed to work around him. the entire playbook becomes garbage once he is gone.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602388' date='Dec 2 2007, 04:19 AM']he is the single most important player to that team without a doubt. [b]without him they are nothing. he makes or breaks that team.[/b] slaton may be good, but without white they lack the running/passing threat needed for their offense to work. that backup is garbage. everyone knew pat white would be a 4 year QB at WVU because he isnt a guy who can leave early to make it to the NFL so they didnt put a lot of focus in his backup. the offense was designed to work around him. the entire playbook becomes garbage once he is gone.[/quote]

then they weren't a very good TEAM.

I disagree. I think they are a good team, but Pitt showed up in a rivalry game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='602416' date='Dec 2 2007, 09:37 AM']then they weren't a very good TEAM.

I disagree. I think they are a good team, but Pitt showed up in a rivalry game.[/quote]
without white the entire playbook has to be redone. its all based around whites ability to run and option it off. their backup cant do that.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='602556' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:10 PM']Exactly. The backup looked better than White. There is still no excuse to lose to a team like pissburgh.[/quote]
stupidest statement ever! they showed the stats of yards per play when white was the QB vs when the backup was the QB. the backups #s were far worse.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602558' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:17 PM']stupidest statement ever! they showed the stats of yards per play when white was the QB vs when the backup was the QB. the backups #s were far worse.[/quote]
I might be wrong but didn't the backup lead WV to get some points?.... :mellow:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602540' date='Dec 2 2007, 12:50 PM']without white the entire playbook has to be redone. its all based around whites ability to run and option it off. their backup cant do that.[/quote]

then that's poor coaching and poor gameplanning.

I've seen White get hurt at least 3 times this year. If the coaches didn't think enough to expect that it might happen again, that's their fault.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602558' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:17 PM']stupidest statement ever! they showed the stats of yards per play when white was the QB vs when the backup was the QB. the backups #s were far worse.[/quote]

He hurt his NON throwing hand....

and I thought the stat they showed was that the backup was driving better and actually scoring points rather than White...

Ironically...osu has its work cut out for it to reach the big dance this year, since the Big Dance is the NCAA basketball tourney. oh well.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='602321' date='Dec 1 2007, 11:46 PM']Fair enough.

A PhD is nothing more than a guarantee that you won't make more than $40,000 a year...[/quote]

That's an unusual joke - my guess is your friend has some kind of resentment of academia? - because I know of PhD's in engineering who pull in well over $500,000 /yr as self-owned consultants on research projects in the $60-$70 mil range, in addition to their university compensation of around $120,000. I suppose a PhD in education would be closer to the limits you described though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='602562' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:21 PM']then that's poor coaching and poor gameplanning.

I've seen White get hurt at least 3 times this year. If the coaches didn't think enough to expect that it might happen again, that's their fault.[/quote]
i didnt say rich rodriguez was a great coach. so whats your point?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='602565' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:28 PM'][b]He hurt his NON throwing hand....
[/b]
and I thought the stat they showed was that the backup was driving better and actually scoring points rather than White...[/quote]
the hand he pitches with on the option. the option being the most important play in their playbook. when white was on the field they were avg 3.8 yards per play. when the backup was in they were avg 2.8 yards per play. they did get that 1 TD while the backup was in.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602579' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:50 PM']i didnt say rich rodriguez was a great coach. so whats your point?

the hand he pitches with on the option. the option being the most important play in their playbook. when white was on the field they were avg 3.8 yards per play. when the backup was in they were avg 2.8 yards per play. [b]they did get that 1 TD while the backup was in.[/b][/quote]
Points > yards..Isn't that what you always say anyways?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602388' date='Dec 2 2007, 04:19 AM']he is the single most important player to that team without a doubt. without him they are nothing. he makes or breaks that team. slaton may be good, but without white they lack the running/passing threat needed for their offense to work. that backup is garbage. everyone knew pat white would be a 4 year QB at WVU because he isnt a guy who can leave early to make it to the NFL so they didnt put a lot of focus in his backup. the offense was designed to work around him. the entire playbook becomes garbage once he is gone.[/quote]

Your argument that WV lost was because they were without White is becoming hollow. When White was in the game; Pitt did a great job of containing him other than a play or two. The one where he out-ran three guys to the corner and picked up the first down was a WOW!!

Unlike the games against both UC's; WV offensive-line did not dominate at the line of scrimmage. In those games, the WV O-line was pushing the D-lines backwards;Pitt did agreat job at the line of scrimmage.
Additionally, Pitt's tackling was by far better than the UC teams.

Come on, your a smart guy and you can do better.

WVU defense improved vastly from last year which helped with propelling them to the top of the polls.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='602579' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:50 PM']i didnt say rich rodriguez was a great coach. so whats your point?

the hand he pitches with on the option. the option being the most important play in their playbook. when white was on the field they were avg 3.8 yards per play. when the backup was in they were avg 2.8 yards per play. they did get that 1 TD while the backup was in.[/quote]

wait... White pitches with his non throwing hand?

I'm gonna need to see that documented somewhere... because that's fucking wierd if he is pitching with his nonthrowing hand...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='602596' date='Dec 2 2007, 02:08 PM']wait... White pitches with his non throwing hand?

I'm gonna need to see that documented somewhere... because that's fucking wierd if he is pitching with his nonthrowing hand...[/quote]

I would think only when they go to the right. Your pitch hand is determined by which way you're going.

Still, if WVU is as good as everyone thought, they should have been able to run left all night long, even if Pitt knew it.

The fact is, the Pitt D showed up last night.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='602569' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:36 PM']Ironically...osu has its work cut out for it to reach the big dance this year, since the Big Dance is the NCAA basketball tourney. oh well.

That's an unusual joke - my guess is your friend has some kind of resentment of academia? - because I know of PhD's in engineering who pull in well over $500,000 /yr as self-owned consultants on research projects in the $60-$70 mil range, in addition to their university compensation of around $120,000. I suppose a PhD in education would be closer to the limits you described though.[/quote]

He wasn't a friend, he was a professor I had in my undergrad.

Yeah, he was pretty bitter.. :lol:

the hand he pitches with on the option. the option being the most important play in their playbook. when white was on the field they were avg 3.8 yards per play. when the backup was in they were avg 2.8 yards per play. they did get that 1 TD while the backup was in.[/quote]

Can we blame Pat White for not getting them in the end zone when they missed the first two field goals? If they scored on one of those two drives then they win the game. They could have still tied it if they would have kicked a field on 4th and 3 with 4:00 Minutes+ in the game, because they did get the ball back, and were pretty close to field goal range. Just a big let down know matter how you look at it.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='602596' date='Dec 2 2007, 02:08 PM']wait... White pitches with his non throwing hand?

I'm gonna need to see that documented somewhere... because that's fucking wierd if he is pitching with his nonthrowing hand...[/quote]
i forget the exact #, but like 74% of the WVUs option plays go to the middle or right side of the field. slaton prefers going right and so does pat white. pat white is a lefty, but he flips with his right hand because he likes to go right and use his left hand (stronger hand) to stiff arm.

Archived