Buckeyes baby!!

Tressel and co will be playing in the BCS Championship game for the 3rd time in the last 6 years. Congrats Coach Tressel...you're the motherf'n man!

BTW, I'm all for the Bengals drafting Gholston or Little Animal in the 1st round next April....either one would look great in stripes.

[quote name='spicoli' post='602309' date='Dec 1 2007, 11:39 PM']Tressel and co will be playing in the BCS Championship game for the 3rd time in the last 6 years. Congrats Coach Tressel...you're the motherf'n man!

BTW, I'm all for the Bengals drafting Gholston or Little Animal in the 1st round next April....either one would look great in stripes.[/quote]

WOO HOO !!!!!

but I'm going to close this and invite all of us Buckeye Homers to the "other sports" forum to rub it in. There are a few threads going.

who's #1?

The Ohio State University Buckeyes !!!

:headbang:

Ok, I changed my mind. Let's leave this here for a little while.

Big news for pretty much everyone here whether you're happy about it or not. I'll close it again or move it later.

:dance:

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='602345' date='Dec 2 2007, 12:45 AM']congrats, you get to show the big 10's weakness again by losing to a team way faster than you

3 yards and a cloud of dust football is dead everywhere except the big 10[/quote]

3 yards and a cloud of dust??? Beanie averages over 5 yards a carry.

And Robo and Hartline had very good years as well.

[quote name='Jason' post='602347' date='Dec 2 2007, 12:46 AM']3 yards and a cloud of dust??? Beanie averages over 5 yards a carry.

And Robo and Hartline had very good years as well.[/quote]

And Beanie Wells is the fastest O-lineman playing running back I've ever seen...

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='602345' date='Dec 2 2007, 12:45 AM']congrats, you get to show the big 10's weakness again by losing to a team way faster than you

3 yards and a cloud of dust football is dead everywhere except the big 10[/quote]

did someone from ohio state beat you up as a kid?

weak ass teams typically play in national championships//

i give no shits about OSU.. but its obvious someone from OSU nailed your sister... your one bitter dude over some stupid college football.

This is a much more well rounded Buckeyes team than the one that Fla beat last year. I think they're gonna lay a smackdown on somebody this year. I just don't see LSU, or anybody else for that matter, slowing down Beanie Wells. I think that Fla game really stuck in their crawl and they're gonna be lookin to kick the shit outta somebody. LSU will do.

So who do they play? Every analyst seems to think that LSU deserves the chance, but can the BCS really justify bumping up #7 to #2? It's pretty obvious that they aren't the second best team after getting beat by Arkansas last week and really struggling yesterday against Tennessee. There will be riots in the street of Georgia if they don't get in. It really could be any of the teams in the top 10 that jump up, this is awesomely crazy.

[quote name='spicoli' post='602364' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:55 AM'][b]This is a much more well rounded Buckeyes team than the one that Fla beat last year[/b]. I think they're gonna lay a smackdown on somebody this year. I just don't see LSU, or anybody else for that matter, slowing down Beanie Wells. I think that Fla game really stuck in their crawl and they're gonna be lookin to kick the shit outta somebody. LSU will do.[/quote]

... and this was suppose to be a rebuilding year???

My only concern is Boeckman; he did not play well at the end of the year. I think he will be fine after the long
lay-off; I think he may of hit-the-wall as they say seeing he had limited playing experience.

I hope it's LSU; I like following LSU (and Va Tech). But LSU's defense is not in the same category as USC/Oklahoma or Va Tech; they give up big plays. They have some playmakers, but theyare not as deep as last year.

Yes, LSU would be playing in their own backyard; but THE OSU does travel well to offset this advantage.

GO BUCKS

[quote name='spicoli' post='602364' date='Dec 2 2007, 01:55 AM']This is a much more well rounded Buckeyes team than the one that Fla beat last year. I think they're gonna lay a smackdown on somebody this year. I just don't see LSU, or anybody else for that matter, slowing down Beanie Wells. I think that Fla game really stuck in their crawl and they're gonna be lookin to kick the shit outta somebody. LSU will do.[/quote]

its also a much faster OSU team than last year.

[quote name='Lawman' post='602406' date='Dec 2 2007, 09:05 AM']... and this was suppose to be a rebuilding year???

My only concern is Boeckman; he did not play well at the end of the year. I think he will be fine after the long
lay-off; I think he may of hit-the-wall as they say seeing he had limited playing experience.

I hope it's LSU; I like following LSU (and Va Tech). But LSU's defense is not in the same category as USC/Oklahoma or Va Tech; they give up big plays. They have some playmakers, but theyare not as deep as last year.

Yes, LSU would be playing in their own backyard; but THE OSU does travel well to offset this advantage.

GO BUCKS[/quote]

that would be my only concern with LSU. It would basically be a home game for them.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='602405' date='Dec 2 2007, 08:54 AM']So who do they play? Every analyst seems to think that LSU deserves the chance, but can the BCS really justify bumping up #7 to #2? It's pretty obvious that they aren't the second best team after getting beat by Arkansas last week and really struggling yesterday against Tennessee. There will be riots in the street of Georgia if they don't get in. It really could be any of the teams in the top 10 that jump up, this is awesomely crazy.[/quote]

Mark Richt/Georgia is playing the Urban Meyer card :P No Division win - No Conference championship.

Pete Carroll thinks you should look at who is playing the best at the end of the season and forgo the whole embodiment of work during the season; I disagree with him and feel that Oklahoma's win over #1 Mizzou was more impressive than their win over UCLA. You lost to STANFORD; enough said.

Oklahoma looked damn good last night; but who did you lose to: Colorado and Texas Tech???

LSU vs Va Tech; now I want it to be LSU (as previously stated in another post). Yes, LSU defeatedVa Tech handily; but that was back in September in Baton Rouge. Sean Glennon was playing as poorly as he was at the end of last year. The Boston College loss came after they dominated them for 56 minutes; the weather was crappy and reminded me of the pissburgh (stealers) game on Monday night last week.

[b]NOTE:[/b] Both losses came against higher ranked opponents. Since the BC, VaTech has employed the two-QB system that has their offense averaging 24 points a game. Now, that may not sound alot, but remember their defense istop-ranked; not allowing any points in the 4th Quarter since the BC lost. Their defense and special teams are worth 10-14 points a game.

It doesn't matter to me who the Bucks play as long as they (THE OSU) come to play.

Go Bucks

[quote name='mroby85' post='602624' date='Dec 2 2007, 03:02 PM']I agree that it's probably LSU, but i don't see how they jumped VT who beat BC yesterday. People say it's how bad that LSU beat VT, but people knew that before they voted VT ahead of them. Oh well, i know one team thats gonna be in!!!!!

O-H..[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"][size=6]I-O[/size][/color]

Archived