Let's Go Bengals , Let's Go

[quote name='frankie martin' post='610452' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:45 PM']Don't worry, I'm sure you will, I hope you do too...

:no ninja:
it's ok, because the turds don't scare me. I wouldn't mind facing them again in the playoffs.[/quote]

I'll enjoy watching you lose to whomever...

[quote name='frankie martin' post='610691' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:41 PM']You seem upset about something Rudi[/quote]

nope

I just hate and always hated stealer fags.

I could care less if we win a game, but I will rejoice when ur players are carted off the field

no ninja

[quote name='rudi32' post='610709' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:59 PM']nope

I just hate and always hated stealer fags.

[color="#0000FF"]I could care less if we win a game[/color], but I will rejoice when ur players are carted off the field

no ninja[/quote]

I'm sure glad you don't care about winning games, cause... nevermind.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

How are you boys going to fair without Parker now? Is Davenport going to actually be able to tote the mail, well enough to win in the playoffs?

I didn't give you fellas too much of a chance even with Parker, especially factoring in you lost to both playoff teams you played.

What are your thoughts?

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='612123' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:34 AM']How are you boys going to fair without Parker now? Is Davenport going to actually be able to tote the mail, well enough to win in the playoffs?

I didn't give you fellas too much of a chance even with Parker, especially factoring in you lost to both playoff teams you played.

What are your thoughts?[/quote]

While I like Willie a lot and appreciated everything he has done for us (Super Bowl run being #1) I have always thought there was just something missing about him. Yea, he's a HR hitter but he hasn't done anything like that in a long time and more often than you would like he gets these 100 yard games but he gets them in a weird fashion. He is extremely easy to tackle and we have had no confidence in him in short yardage situations in a long time. One of the reason that our red zone % is not that great and we have lost games because we settled for field goals. Also another reason why Big Bens TD's are so high is that they throw it a lot in the red zone now vs the old days with fat fuck bettis. Guess what I'm trying to say is that Dookie might get us back to more of a smashmouth offense like people are used to with the Steelers. Saw it last night on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr. That was probably the easiest TD drive we have had all year. I think Dookie can play well as long as he stays healthy. Cary Davis looked good last night as well. Sorry to see FWP go and miss the Pro Bowl and not be able to lead the NFL in rushing like he may have. Would have been a cool thing to see after him not even being drafted. Injuries have hurt us. Clark, Krieder, Smith and now FWP. Ben's playing lights out and pretty much carrying the team. Defense has been pathetic to say the least since we played you all. Troy P drives me crazy. Can't tackle to save his life anymore. Has terrible technique and him making the Pro Bowl was a joke.

It will be on Ben and only on Ben. How far we go rests with him. Oline can't pass protect at all so Ben is gonna be slammed around the rest of the year no matter who we play, if we make the playoffs and how far we go in the playoffs if we make them. He's a tough motherfucker though and is showing signs of becoming an elite QB. If we had any pass protection at all I would like our chances against anyone but without that and the way our defense is now I'd say it's 50-50 we get out of the 1st rnd no matter who wel play.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='612150' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:33 AM']While I like Willie a lot and appreciated everything he has done for us (Super Bowl run being #1) I have always thought there was just something missing about him. Yea, he's a HR hitter but he hasn't done anything like that in a long time and more often than you would like he gets these 100 yard games but he gets them in a weird fashion. He is extremely easy to tackle and we have had no confidence in him in short yardage situations in a long time. One of the reason that our red zone % is not that great and we have lost games because we settled for field goals. Also another reason why Big Bens TD's are so high is that they throw it a lot in the red zone now vs the old days with fat fuck bettis. Guess what I'm trying to say is that Dookie might get us back to more of a smashmouth offense like people are used to with the Steelers. Saw it last night on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr. That was probably the easiest TD drive we have had all year. I think Dookie can play well as long as he stays healthy. Cary Davis looked good last night as well. Sorry to see FWP go and miss the Pro Bowl and not be able to lead the NFL in rushing like he may have. Would have been a cool thing to see after him not even being drafted. Injuries have hurt us. Clark, Krieder, Smith and now FWP. Ben's playing lights out and pretty much carrying the team. Defense has been pathetic to say the least since we played you all. Troy P drives me crazy. Can't tackle to save his life anymore. Has terrible technique and him making the Pro Bowl was a joke.

It will be on Ben and only on Ben. How far we go rests with him. Oline can't pass protect at all so Ben is gonna be slammed around the rest of the year no matter who we play, if we make the playoffs and how far we go in the playoffs if we make them. He's a tough motherfucker though and is showing signs of becoming an elite QB. If we had any pass protection at all I would like our chances against anyone but without that and the way our defense is now I'd say it's 50-50 we get out of the 1st rnd no matter who wel play.[/quote]

Ok but you didnt answer the question. Will the dumptruck be able to carry the mail? (espessally over the course of a game and then playoffs).

personally I doubt it.

I never fail to get a laugh out of thinking about Najeh Davenport's locker excursions and how he earned the nickname "Dumptruck". It just cracks me up.
And I hope we whoop the shit out of the Browns, just for posterity's sake, and certainly not to help out the Steelers.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='612185' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:48 AM']Ok but you didnt answer the question. Will the dumptruck be able to carry the mail? (espessally over the course of a game and then playoffs).

personally I doubt it.[/quote]

Like I said, I think he can play well as long as he stays healthy. Oline seemed to pick up their blocking last night when he was running and it seemed he was running more "downhill" than Parker does. But also like I said we will go as far as Ben takes us. I don't think we need a running back to carry the offense. Ben has carried the team the whole year and it's his offense now. Just like Palmer, Manning, Brady, this is his offense and he is gonna have to wing it for the Steelers to be successful reast of the season. If he stays healthy with Ward, Holmes, Miller and now Nate I think we would have a chance against anyone. 32 touchdowns is a great year and he deserved the Pro Bowl. Deserved it more that Anderson, more than Gerrard.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='612252' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:33 PM']Like I said, I think he can play well as long as he stays healthy. Oline seemed to pick up their blocking last night when he was running and it seemed he was running more "downhill" than Parker does. But also like I said we will go as far as Ben takes us. I don't think we need a running back to carry the offense. Ben has carried the team the whole year and it's his offense now. Just like Palmer, Manning, Brady, this is his offense and he is gonna have to wing it for the Steelers to be successful reast of the season. If he stays healthy with Ward, Holmes, Miller and now Nate I think we would have a chance against anyone. 32 touchdowns is a great year and he deserved the Pro Bowl. Deserved it more that Anderson, more than Gerrard.[/quote]

One only needs to look at the year Palmer had without a running game to see that you will not do well without any running game, espessally a team that has that tradition. Davenport has not had the luxary of carrying the load over the course of a full game and definitly not over a several game time span. I dont think he has that in him, or he would still be in Green Bay.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='612259' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:47 PM']One only needs to look at the year Palmer had without a running game to see that you will not do well without any running game, espessally a team that has that tradition. Davenport has not had the luxary of carrying the load over the course of a full game and definitly not over a several game time span. I dont think he has that in him, or he would still be in Green Bay.[/quote]

One only needs to look at the 120+ yards that Dookie picked up to realize that (even though we lost Willie) we still have a running game. A running game (as Bam pointed out) that may be more suited to our O-line's strengths. Is it a good thing that Willie got hurt? No. Will it cripple the team? No.

And I would like to state again for the record, that as much as you guys piss and moan about Steelers fans being classless...you guys celebrate injuries more than anyone I have ever seen. You are pathetic. (This is not addressed specifically to you JB, so dont get your panties in a twist).

[quote name='oftt4' post='612523' date='Dec 22 2007, 10:30 AM']One only needs to look at the 120+ yards that Dookie picked up to realize that (even though we lost Willie) we still have a running game. A running game (as Bam pointed out) that may be more suited to our O-line's strengths. Is it a good thing that Willie got hurt? No. Will it cripple the team? No.

And I would like to state again for the record, that as much as you guys piss and moan about Steelers fans being classless...you guys celebrate injuries more than anyone I have ever seen. You are pathetic. (This is not addressed specifically to you JB, so dont get your panties in a twist).[/quote]

He also hasnt done by himself over the course of a game and espessally not over the course of multipule games where he could wear down. I still say if he could he would be in GB.

And you guys opened that can of worms concerning celebrating injuries so I dont want to hear it.

Archived