My life just keeps getting worse and worse

Who Dey Forever

Just found out that one of my buddies from school passed away on Christmas Day due to a drunken driver...

More on the story here...

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071228/NEWS01/712280428/1056/COL02&GID=syq8+vKjtY+BRm0EQAuP5AVVeE6GyZqLFJootXt1JdU%3D"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...LFJootXt1JdU%3D[/url]

A Fairfield teen has died at University Hospital from injuries he received in a single-car crash in Dearborn County on Dec. 21.

Bryan Morgan, 16, was a passenger in a Jeep Wrangler that hit a tree and overturned on Bonnell Road at Fox Road.

The driver, Jimmy Harness, 18, of Guilford, Ind., and the other passengers - Ryan Goodlett, 16, and Andy Tschaenn, 18, both of Lawrenceburg, and Dustin Bauer, 16, of West Harrison - had minor injuries.

Harness faces six charges, five of them felonies, including drunken driving, failure to stop after an accident and operating a vehicle while suspended resulting in injury.

He is being held in the Dearborn County jail
-------------

I just met him this year in school and he was cool as shit..He is in a better place now though and may god bless him and his family..He was in my Chemistry class this year and that is how I met him..Me him and another friend talked sports and other things throughout class and it was a blast..He will never be forgotten -_-

No sympathy on the job front but this really sucks, man. You always have to wonder why when there are 5 or 6 people in an accident like that that one of them dies and the other 5 get off with minor injuries.

I know exactly how you feel too, man. When I was in high school one of my friends was killed in a similar accident. Then on the night before graduation one of my other friends was accidentally shot and killed by his brother when they were screwing around with an "unloaded" gun. Just fucking sad.

My sympathy goes out to you and his circle of friends as well as his family. Damn shame that something like this happens to someone so young and the asshole that was drinking and driving gets off with minor injuries.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='614981' date='Dec 29 2007, 03:35 AM']No sympathy on the job front but this really sucks, man. You always have to wonder why when there are 5 or 6 people in an accident like that that one of them dies and the other 5 get off with minor injuries.

I know exactly how you feel too, man. When I was in high school one of my friends was killed in a similar accident. Then on the night before graduation one of my other friends was accidentally shot and killed by his brother when they were screwing around with an "unloaded" gun. Just fucking sad.

My sympathy goes out to you and his circle of friends as well as his family. Damn shame that something like this happens to someone so young and the asshole that was drinking and driving gets off with minor injuries.
MULLY[/quote]
that dude is going to go to prison for a very long time though. i know it's not going to justify anything... but his life is basically screwed

I don't know about heartless, maybe callous.

We've just about all had friends die.

I can think of two under the age of 21 that died spontaneously

1 motorcycle
1 jetski

Is it not obvious that any human is sorry to hear such a story? Do I really need to say I feel sorry? I suggested the guy won't get as much time as you'd think...as in that'd you'd think he'd deserve. Obviously denoting the grievousness of the situation.

Why do people feel it necessary to call someone out when they don't overtly coddle someone who just had someone they know die? Yeah, lets fight about that.

i'm not saying it was offensive. heartless, useless and uncalled for is what i said.
his reply brought up that the intoxicated driver won't get much time and saying "Pretty obvious why one of them died and the others didn't" is heartless to say in a thread made from the friend of the desceased, who feels his life is getting worse and worse.

if you don't agree oh well. i'll agree to disagree.

i've said what i've said and i'd rather not continue this in this thread.

• 11 years later...

Well it's been 12 years since brian passed and i have to say it still gets me, especially coming across this thread, first time I've seen it and I made an account just for it, brian was my brothers best friend, the jeep was my family's jeep, the driver I hope to never see again because his actions took the life of someone who I looked up to, i was 11 when it happened I'm 23 now, yes they all new not to be taking my dads supped up jeep out but they were young, but the driver knew he bad been drinking but drinking wasnt the overall cause, he had warrants we didnt know about when we decided to let him stay with us, and I say drinking wasnt the overall cause  because none of them would have ever stepped foot in a vehicle with some they thought had even just Barely been drinking to much, it was fear that caused this wreck, my brother will tell you the driver was fine until a unknown car came up behind them and be freaked thinking my dad had called the cops over the jeep being gone. And knowing he had outstanding warrants he tried to flee, they were hitting 95 in an 85 cj7 when they came up on a bad turn, brian, my brother and dustin were sitting in the back with no seatbelts on when they flipped and were flung a far distance from the jeep, they should of all been gone, but somehow my brother and the dustin came out with minor injuries. Dont know how but they did, ryan was riding in the front as passenger by the driver but they both had seatbelts on and didnt get flung. Brian survived for a few days until his family took him off life support on Christmas morning 2007, i never have looked at Christmas the same since. And in the end of all of this my brother dropped out of high school because he couldn't handle it, it tore him apart and he always blamed himself because he didnt speak up to the driver convincing them to take the jeep, it deeply affected all of us, I always blame myself tho because if I didnt through a spoiled brat fit about wanting to play my brothers xbox they probably would have never gone out looking for something else to do. I dont know if anyone on this thread is still even using this site but if so I just felt I needed to let the story be known. RIP Brian Morgan your kind soul will never be forgotten 

Archived