!!! Official Bengals at Dolphins Gameday thread !!!

[quote name='JoePong' post='615505' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:29 PM']All those guys are role players. You won't win a Superbowl with a bunch of backups and role players at a position as important as RB.[/quote]
Irons wasnt drafted to be a backup. You dont know what you are talking about YET again. They have been trying to find a reason to get rid of Rudi for a while now. He doesnt fit this offense AT ALL and now he doesnt fit any NFL offense because his only strength (breaking tackles) went with all his lost weight.

[quote name='JoePong' post='615505' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:29 PM']All those guys are role players. You won't win a Superbowl with a bunch of backups and role players at a position as important as RB.[/quote]

Its somewhere in the middle, Denver does very well usually with their running game with the way their oline blocks, however I do agree that Watson, Dorsey are role players, Perry is never healthy so he cant be counted on, the question is Irons and what he brings, none of us really know at this point. I'd like to see us go after a TJ Ducket and draft a pulling G in the 2nd. I think with all the needs we have concerning depth (remember we dont have very many LBs returning at this point) Ducket would be the best option where we could still spread around money in other areas too.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='615504' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:29 PM']now that is the stupidest fucking post ever. so watson is a better RB with no blocking and that makes rudi a better back with blocking? you are an idiot if that makes sense in your head. watson is better without blocking because he is faster and more elusive and he is better with blocking because he is faster and more elusive. Rudi cant break the tackles anymore and isnt shit now. he is done. too many carries on him the last few years.

watson made 3 moves to get back to the line of scrimmage. rudi dances doesnt go anywhere and loses the 4 yards. rudi does dance and doesnt gain any of those lost yards back on plays like that. get off the rudi love.[/quote]

Watson is good for a guy that shouldnt even be on the team if everyone was healthy, but he is no starting running back in the nfl. Just ask Marvin.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='615514' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:34 PM']Irons wasnt drafted to be a backup. You dont know what you are talking about YET again. They have been trying to find a reason to get rid of Rudi for a while now. He doesnt fit this offense AT ALL and now he doesnt fit any NFL offense because his only strength (breaking tackles) went with all his lost weight.[/quote]

Maybe Marvin will convince him to put the weight back on?

[quote name='T-Dub' post='615523' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:36 PM']Im stuck watching NFL's gamecenter but it looks to me like Stepanovich is stinking up the field.. [color="#FF0000"]He's ok pass blocking but can't run block for shit[/color]. And I guess he's got a bad snap, too?[/quote]

describes the play of the oline this season

[quote name='oldschooler' post='615512' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:33 PM']Get off the Rudi hate.
[b]So what happened when Watson lost 5 yards ?[/b]

[b]The O-line run blocking has sucked all year.[/b]
[b]This is the WORST run Defense in the NFL.[/b][/quote]
watson isnt a starter either. he is just a better backup than rudi.

the OLINE has sucked all year. not just the run blocking.

they have been a LOT better of late though. porter has actually had a good second half of the season.

i dont hate rudi. i just know when he is done. he was great for us in half of 03, all of 04 and all of 05. last year he wasnt even half as good as he was in 05 and this year he is even worse. injured or not this team is NOT going to be a super bowl contender with rudi playing like he did in 06 or 07. they NEED at least the 05 rudi to win. he isnt ever going to be like that again because he doesnt have the size anymore. so instead of clinging onto the past like a dreamer i know he is done and look forward to the future: Mr. Irons.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='615528' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:38 PM']watson isnt a starter either. he is just a better backup than rudi.

the OLINE has sucked all year. not just the run blocking.

they have been a LOT better of late though. porter has actually had a good second half of the season.

i dont hate rudi. i just know when he is done. he was great for us in half of 03, all of 04 and all of 05. last year he wasnt even half as good as he was in 05 and this year he is even worse. injured or not this team is NOT going to be a super bowl contender with rudi playing like he did in 06 or 07. they NEED at least the 05 rudi to win. he isnt ever going to be like that again because he doesnt have the size anymore. so instead of clinging onto the past like a dreamer i know he is done and look forward to the future: Mr. Irons.[/quote]

The Oline will probably set a team record for least sacks allowed this season. They are at 17 right now and can give up 3 today. Not too shabby. Some of that is Palmer getting the throws out quickly, but they have to get some credit for it.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='615535' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:41 PM']The Oline will probably set a team record for least sacks allowed this season. They are at 17 right now and can give up 3 today. Not too shabby. Some of that is Palmer getting the throws out quickly, but they have to get some credit for it.[/quote]

I think that is do to Palmer not going thru his progressions and throwing so many damn picks.

Archived