Favorite Game

I thought we should find a positive note on the forum and discuss, reminisce, and get all nostalgic about the past. During the Lewis era, what has been your personal favorite game?

For me it is Kansas City in 03. That game had it all, and I was in attendance. The Bengals came out with a suprisingly great game plan, shut down the dangerous Dante Hall, and beat the undefeated Chiefs. It was the defining game of Marvin's tenure, and it removed the "laughingstock of the NFL" tagline that this team was stuck in for ages.

So what's yours?

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='620195' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:47 AM']Comeback win in Baltimore during the 04 season.[/quote]

This one is my favorite too. Felt SO hopeless toward the end of the game, and then BAM we had our savior at QB. I must have watched that 4th quarter 15 times.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='620195' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:47 PM']Comeback win in Baltimore during the 04 season.[/quote]

That was mine, too. To do that in the 4th quarter against a great defense... that was Carson's "
coming out" party. That one convinced me that the Bengals really had something at QB.

[quote name='B.A.B.' post='620195' date='Jan 7 2008, 11:47 PM']Comeback win in Baltimore during the 04 season.[/quote]
Me too. I remember after that game my brother in law calling me saying that we finally got over the hump, which at the time we did. The top of the hump has turned out to be a lot bigger than I think any of us expected, but it sure as hell beats '02!

For me, there were two back to back. The '03 Stealers game (where Kitna threw a last second touchdown to Schoebel for the win), and the very next week to beat the Chiefs.

That was one thing about Marvin Lewis that year... he made that team (with less talent than the current team) believe they could beat anyone.

All the forementioned games were certainly great, but the one that jumped to my mind first was the '05 Detroit game. Not because it was a stellar performance against a great team, but because we clinched a playoff spot (and the division) for the first time in an eternity.

The 2003 Chiefs game. Knocking off the undefeated Chiefs. The 2004 Ratbirds game.
Obvious reasons. The Sunday night game against the Dolphins in 2004. My brother-in-law
is a part time photographer for the Dolphins (takes pics during their home games) and
got the wife and I tix to see the game. We were seated next to Jason Taylor's mom and
niece so that was pretty cool. Razzed her a little bit but wasnt a dick. Actually a really
close game. I think my wife took a pic of me with Jason's mom and niece. I'll have to look
for it sometime, put it on disk and post it.

[quote name='Cat' post='620266' date='Jan 8 2008, 10:06 AM']he made that team (with less talent than the current team) believe they could beat anyone.[/quote]

I thought this was going to be a positive thread. This doesnt sound positive to me and one could argue that there was too much talent not available in both 06 & 07.

[quote name='cwing' post='620359' date='Jan 8 2008, 11:35 AM']Again what is positive with this comment?[/quote]

That comment was made based on where we were as a team. In 03, prior to the Chiefs game we were still the laughingstock on the NFL, and not really expected to give the Chiefs much of a fight. But we came out with a great game plan, and shut them down.

[quote name='Duke Nukem' post='620193' date='Jan 8 2008, 12:42 AM']I thought we should find a positive note on the forum and discuss, reminisce, and get all nostalgic about the past. During the Lewis era, what has been your personal favorite game?

For me it is Kansas City in 03. That game had it all, and I was in attendance. The Bengals came out with a suprisingly great game plan, shut down the dangerous Dante Hall, and beat the undefeated Chiefs. It was the defining game of Marvin's tenure, and it removed the "laughingstock of the NFL" tagline that this team was stuck in for ages.

So what's yours?[/quote]

Ditto, that was the last game my father was able to attend. Met with various members from the old board. Sat in the end zone. Second game back after being overseas for a few years. Explaining that they're not saying BOO but actually screaming RUDI, which does sort of sound like a boo if you're not familiar. To date and 16 games later, I have only been at one loss. I sat in those 50 yard line 5 rows up seats next to Scharm (Cardinals?). Still a great view of the players (but not the play) and their antics on the sidelines (TJ nutshotted CJ for spitting water at him).

In Marvin's tenure....I have to go with the '07 season opener... Monday Night against the Ravens.

Reasons.....

[list]
[*]It was the first time in my lifetime that I have seen the Bengals defense play with that level of intensity (yes...that includes the Superbowl years)
[*]Rowdy stadium, season opener, MNF, season full of hope, etc
[*]Seemed to wash away the ill feeling of the '06 season
[*]All was right in Bengaldom
[/list]

What happened between Monday night and 6 days later in Cleveland...I'll never know.

Archived