Battle for high school QB Pryor includes Ohio State, Michigan

oldschooler

[quote name='dieselman44' post='633312' date='Feb 18 2008, 04:30 PM']Pryors latest basketball game he had 24 points 24 rebs 8 blocks 7 assists and apparently got into it with the other teams fans because they had someone dress up as tressel and were making fun of him. I like our chances. Hes a buckeye. We need him on the court as well as the field.[/quote]
There's a picture of that kid dressed up as tressel on facebook somewhere..I'll try and find it..

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='635348' date='Feb 24 2008, 07:56 PM']Ok, who cares? Lots of kids get limos for high school dances...[/quote]
i was just kidding.

but does he really need a stretch? Are boosters paying up already?

:ninja:

Terrelle Pryor update: Star recruit in Columbus today
Posted by Doug Lesmerises February 24, 2008 13:24PM
The Terrelle Pryor watch includes a sighting in Columbus. I just saw the star high school quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., walking into the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, Ohio State's football headquarters, just after 1 p.m. today.

This is the first visit to the Ohio State campus for the nation's top-ranked football recruit since he made his official visit for Ohio State's home football game with Wisconsin on Nov. 3.

Marvin Fong/ The Plain Dealer
Terrelle Pryor looked like this when he visited Columbus in November. He's back today.
This is the unofficial visit Jim Tressel and his staff have been hoping for ever since the winds shifted a bit in Pryor's recruitment and NFL quarterback Charlie Batch became more involved. Batch went with Pryor on his only other official visit so far, to Michigan, but neither Batch nor any coaches nor family members came with Pryor to Columbus in November.

The only adult I recognized with Pryor today was his quarterbacks coach at Jeannette, Roy Hall. Hall's nephew, Jordan Hall, a junior at Jeannette, is also being recruited and has an offer from Penn State and reportedly from Pitt and Michigan as well. Expect Pryor to take in the 4 p.m. basketball game between Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Ohio State has been the presumed leader to get Pryor, but he chose not to announce a decision on National Signing Day on Feb. 6, saying instead that he wanted to make an official visit to Penn State first. He's also been busy with his basketball season and had 39 points and and 26 rebounds in a playoff win on Saturday night.

[url="http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/terrelle_pryor_update_star_rec.html"]Link[/url]

Terrelle Pryor update: Star recruit in Columbus today
Posted by Doug Lesmerises February 24, 2008 13:24PM
The Terrelle Pryor watch includes a sighting in Columbus. I just saw the star high school quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., walking into the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, Ohio State's football headquarters, just after 1 p.m. today.

This is the first visit to the Ohio State campus for the nation's top-ranked football recruit since he made his official visit for Ohio State's home football game with Wisconsin on Nov. 3.

Marvin Fong/ The Plain Dealer
Terrelle Pryor looked like this when he visited Columbus in November. He's back today.
This is the unofficial visit Jim Tressel and his staff have been hoping for ever since the winds shifted a bit in Pryor's recruitment and NFL quarterback Charlie Batch became more involved. Batch went with Pryor on his only other official visit so far, to Michigan, but neither Batch nor any coaches nor family members came with Pryor to Columbus in November.

The only adult I recognized with Pryor today was his quarterbacks coach at Jeannette, Roy Hall. Hall's nephew, Jordan Hall, a junior at Jeannette, is also being recruited and has an offer from Penn State and reportedly from Pitt and Michigan as well. Expect Pryor to take in the 4 p.m. basketball game between Ohio State and Wisconsin.

Ohio State has been the presumed leader to get Pryor, but he chose not to announce a decision on National Signing Day on Feb. 6, saying instead that he wanted to make an official visit to Penn State first. He's also been busy with his basketball season and had 39 points and and 26 rebounds in a playoff win on Saturday night.

[url="http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/terrelle_pryor_update_star_rec.html"]Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='dieselman44' post='643863' date='Mar 16 2008, 10:56 AM']Word is: Pryor signed a LOI on tuesday and faxed it to OSU but his family wanted to keep it under wraps because his basketball team was playing at Penn State's arena this weekend. He said yesterday that he is going to make a choice this week, per espn.[/quote]

Hopefully that is Ohio State not Oregon State. That would be great news.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='643863' date='Mar 16 2008, 09:56 AM']Word is: Pryor signed a LOI on tuesday and faxed it to OSU but his family wanted to keep it under wraps because his basketball team was playing at Penn State's arena this weekend. He said yesterday that he is going to make a choice this week, per espn.[/quote]

that's the first i've heard of it, so i checked out a very credible site on the subject and they were talking about the same thing, i would be SOOOO fucking hyped to land this kid.

[b][url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/buckeyes/entries/2008/03/19/pryor_comfortable_with_ohio_st.html"][color="#9c71ad"]Pryor comfortable with Ohio State[/color][/url][/b]
By [url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/buckeyes/entries/2008/03/19/pryor_comfortable_with_ohio_st.html#postcomment"][color="#0d5e96"]Brian Kollars [/color][/url]| Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 12:13 PM

Penn State was "too country."

Oregon was too far away.

Michigan was an option and "Coach Rod is a great coach."

But in the end, Ohio State was Terrelle Pryor's choice. Probably always was.

Pryor put an end to all the speculation today, March 19, when he signed his national letter of intent to play football at OSU.

Wearing an OSU hat and T-shirt, Pryor looked cool under the media glare. The No. 1-rated prep football player in the nation even apologized to a Detroit reporter because he didn't choose Michigan.

Maybe that was why Pryor held off on his decision. Maybe he had trouble saying no. Last month, he drew a huge crowd on Signing Day, only to announce that he had nothing to announce.

"I don't like being in the spotlight at all," Pryor said today. "I didn't ask to be No. 1 in the country."

Well, Pryor had better get used to the spotlight. Being an OSU football player in Columbus is hardly an anonymous existence.

Pryor said that he expected to be used much like Florida used Tim Tebow his freshman season — as a change-up to an established senior starter. For Tebow, it was Chris Leak. For OSU, it's Todd Boeckman.

But in 2009, the Buckeye offense should be Pryor's to direct.

One of his goals is to get "Coach Tress over that hump" of losing national championshiop games.

OSU fans will expect nothing less.

Honest question...

Is this kid an egomaniac? Or is there a chance he's a cool customer? Holding press conferences to announce that there is nothing to announce makes me wonder if he's got a decent head on his shoulders, or if we'll be wishing he'd decided to go up north in a few years. :shrug:

And yes, as most know, I am a huge OSU homer, so I'm not hating. I'm just curious since I don't get nearly the coverage from here that you guys do back home.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='644732' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:42 PM']Honest question...

Is this kid an egomaniac? Or is there a chance he's a cool customer? Holding press conferences to announce that there is nothing to announce makes me wonder if he's got a decent head on his shoulders, or if we'll be wishing he'd decided to go up north in a few years. :shrug:

And yes, as most know, I am a huge OSU homer, so I'm not hating. I'm just curious since I don't get nearly the coverage from here that you guys do back home.[/quote]

not the impression I got, but thats just me. I thought it was kind of cool that he wanted to put off the decision/announcement and not necessarily start spring quarter at OSu so that he could continue playing with his basketball team and so that he could just be a high school kid for a little while longer.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='644732' date='Mar 19 2008, 07:42 PM']Honest question...

And yes, as most know, I am a huge OSU homer, so I'm not hating. I'm just curious since I don't get nearly the coverage from here that you guys do back home.[/quote]

Speculating here, but i believe the reason he had the first press conference was because, up to late late the night before signing day he thought he was going to commit to osu and tell everyone on feb 6th. well i guess his dad talked him into waiting a bit so the morning of the press conference was the first time he had known that he was not going to commit. im sure everything was already set up(media, school scheduling) that type of stuff, so he just went ahead with it and gave a brief update on his recruiting status, rather then cancel the whole thing last minute.

Archived